Rekha Patel loses her house

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Rekha Patel loses her house

Post by TheHallouminati »

longdog wrote
Did she ever have a real lawyer of her own in the case or was just her own legal genius and great legal minds she'd found on the internet?
Yes this motley crew...
He Who Knows wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:03 am
I wouldn't put the odds that high. She has a long history of ditching solicitors and public access barristers. Sources like CAG, 'Failings', the MEN Comments Section have mentioned the following, but I'm sure there are even more:
1. Mark L Ryan of Ashton-u-Lyne
2. Edmund Farrell of Kenworthy Chambers https://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/news ... ee-5246314
3. Henry Hendron of Strand Chambers (check him out he's VERY interesting http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... court.html
4. Kessar Nabi Solicitor
And now...
5. Ms Hall, Robert Lizar Associates, Manchester
Wakeman52
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Wakeman52 »

It does seem unlikely that, even if she had access to large resources (& I have no idea about that), most reputable lawyers would give her short shrift on her chances of winning. However, given that list, she does seem to have a knack of attracting barristers and solicitors with doubtful backgrounds. That may come again to the fore, once the order preventing her from bringing further cases runs out later this year.

I wonder if what will happen will be continued low-level harassment of her former neighbour(s), given that she is only banned from the house and not the village.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

TheHallouminati wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:12 pm Yes this motley crew...
You are missing her ruling from the Common Law Court. :haha:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Wakeman52 wrote
It does seem unlikely that, even if she had access to large resources (& I have no idea about that), most reputable lawyers would give her short shrift on her chances of winning. However, given that list, she does seem to have a knack of attracting barristers and solicitors with doubtful backgrounds. That may come again to the fore, once the order preventing her from bringing further cases runs out later this year.
There are always public access barristers happy to take on any work no matter what the chances of winning are. In the past she has used barrister Edmund Farrell who had a drink-driving record -
https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news/ch ... ee-5246314

...And Henry Hendron (Shouty man) whose list of misdemeanours is too long to name here but safe to say his 3-year ban from practising was lifted this month :shock:
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

I wonder if the sale cleared her debt.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

aesmith wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:12 am I wonder if the sale cleared her debt.
You have to speculate: If I have it right, it sold for £162k. £70k or £72k judgement and was there another case after that? What costs have been added for the security? Then knock off solicitors, estate agents and anything else relevant. I'd guess she has come away with something but she might owe some of it to her "legal team".
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
daltontrumbno
Captain
Captain

Post by daltontrumbno »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:33 pm
aesmith wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:12 am I wonder if the sale cleared her debt.
You have to speculate: If I have it right, it sold for £162k. £70k or £72k judgement and was there another case after that? What costs have been added for the security? Then knock off solicitors, estate agents and anything else relevant. I'd guess she has come away with something but she might owe some of it to her "legal team".
If I remember correctly at the time of her second Eviction legal costs had risen to £130,000 that was in 2017 so probably over £150k by the time of the sale. By the time auction fees and other legal expenses were deducted I would suspect she has not cleared the debt.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Thanks. I don't remember ever seeing the second set of costs, so I will revise my guess to unlikely.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TheHallouminati »

Rekha's barrister Henry Hendron is acting for two "boozy" Bolton "career criminals" this time. Claiming "cultural racism" against Lotto.
Couldn't make it up. :haha:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9240156/c ... t-jackpot/
longdog

Post by longdog »

I suppose cultural racism is a thing but I have no idea how it applies to them unless the general principle of not being entitled to profit by your crimes in some way counts. Perhaps criminals are a race.

I'm pretty sure Camelot will have been able to contact the owner of the bank card used to buy the scratch card.

"Did you allow two chavs from Bolton to buy a lottery scratch card in London on your debit card"

"No"

JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

It was bought with a debit card. Neither of them own a debit card. No owner of a debit card claims to have bought it for them. Tough luck, lads. No cash for Mr.Hedron.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I can't see why the esteemed lawyer thinks there's any merit in their claim or how he's going to get paid. I can see the first judge this comes in front of using the words "Frivolous", "Groundless" and "Get the fuck out of my court!"
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

I must say I'm quite surprised. Camelot accepted payment for the ticket without dispute at the time. I'll bet they wouldn't have refunded the card holder if the ticket hadn't been a winner.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

aesmith wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:46 pm I must say I'm quite surprised. Camelot accepted payment for the ticket without dispute at the time. I'll bet they wouldn't have refunded the card holder if the ticket hadn't been a winner.
It was Waitrose that took payment not Camelot directly. I believe it was a contactless transaction with a stolen card. Obviously, before shelling out the cash Camelot do a little due diligence. I've not read their terms for scratchcard games, no doubt there is a clause in there.
longdog

Post by longdog »

aesmith wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:46 pm I must say I'm quite surprised. Camelot accepted payment for the ticket without dispute at the time. I'll bet they wouldn't have refunded the card holder if the ticket hadn't been a winner.
There's no reason to believe Camelot have or will refund the owner of the card. That would be the responsibility of the bank if anybody.

The legal basis would be quite firm anyway. If the card was being used criminally then anything bought with it would either belong to the card owner or the bank. The criminal wouldn't have proper title to the scratch-card and therefore they would have no right to any benefit from it.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

A little diversion, but I think it will amuse!

When Camelot were rolling out the first batch of lottery machines, there were more retailers wanting them than available machines. They also required an engineer's visit to install. I wrote the program that kept a track on machines, available engineers, retailers and installations.

I hadn't taken into account one particular scenario. Whilst tweaking the program we had a call at the "War Room" which our customer services couldn't handle. My program had scheduled an engineer visit to a location. However, before he arrived there was a call from the newsagent around the corner. The owner of the original newsagent had had a heart attack the previous evening and had died. He wanted to know if he could have the machine installed instead!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

On the other hand if they are given the money they'll probably drug and/or drink themselves to death in a few months thereby removing a pair of petty criminals from being a police problem for the next few decades. Damn, there I go with cultural racism again.

I spent a night in Bolton once, town's a depressed dump. I may even (given the size of the place probably) had a beer in their local.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
longdog

Post by longdog »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:26 pm I spent a night in Bolton once, town's a depressed dump.
I can confirm this to be an accurate description.
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

longdog wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:59 pm
Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:26 pm I spent a night in Bolton once, town's a depressed dump.
I spent a fortnight there one afternoon.

TheRambler
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

longdog wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:59 pm
A maternal great-grandmother of mine was from Bury, just to the east, and may have lived in Tottington, to the northeast of Bolton. She and my great-grandfather came across The Pond because they saw a better future for their future family, on this side, than in the mills of Lancashire. It sounds like they made the right move.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools