Rekha Patel loses her house

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: Rekha Patel loses her house

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:18 am
Pottapaug1938 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:48 pm IF.

Somehow, I think that Wrekha is so deep into her delusions that she has nailed her colors to masthead, and cannot "repent of her ways" without realizing what a horse's ass she has made of herself, for the last several years. She would probably prefer to retreat further into her world of delusion.
And that is what will be tested and we will no longer have to speculate. We shall soon find out if she is still deep in her delusions or whether she's had a period of refelction and it is not inconceivable that she has seen the error of her ways.

I would warrant that any attempt to relitigate or play out FOTLer nonsense in court would mean that the restraining order would continue, and she'd deserve it. However, any competent lawyer would advise their client to be penitent and throw themselves at the mercy of the court (although I appreciate that in the past her choice of lawyers has been less than competent). The judge will question her and make a ruling depending on her answers. It goes without saying that any further attempt to harass the new owner escalates into a higher category of squatting in an occupied property and commiting contempt at this hearing would be an aggravating factor at sentencing.

https://www.unlock.org.uk
When I was still practicing law, I had to fire more than a few clients, because they refused to be penitent, refused to follow my instructions or those of the court, or wanted me to introduce some screwball legal concept. My attitude was that no client is worth getting admonished, disciplined, or disbarred by the Supreme Judicial Court.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
TBL
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by TBL »

Well, with that attitude, no wonder your sovereign career never got off the ground.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

TBL wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:46 pm Well, with that attitude, no wonder your sovereign career never got off the ground.
I left the practice of law 27 years ago, and am now retired. Maybe I'll search for a Denny's in the area, and see if a Common Law Court needs a hand. It may not be too late.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

Going back to DBS checks, this case shows that checking seems not to be routine even for very large private companies.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hu ... gh-3722435

Man convicted of having child abuse images, arrested in a branch of Morrisons, discovered working on the shop floor at another branch by horrified parents.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Comrade Sharik wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:28 am Man convicted of having child abuse images, arrested in a branch of Morrisons, discovered working on the shop floor at another branch by horrified parents.
In that reported case, he has not applied for a job and lied. He already had one. I would suggest that a miniscule number of employers contantly check the status of their employees against the DBS database. If he has a 5 year community order, then he has an unspent conviction. It will not be spent for another 6 years. His Public Protection Officer is under an obligation to inform his current employers if he hasn't.

This is not the same as applying for a job with a spent conviction. I realise, from my own experience, that for some people the difference between unspent and spent is "moot" as they consider anyone convicted of anything should be ostracised from society permanently, but I'm a softy liberal who has seen the damage this absolute standard can cause.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
daltontrumbno
Captain
Captain

Post by daltontrumbno »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:50 pm
Comrade Sharik wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:28 am Man convicted of having child abuse images, arrested in a branch of Morrisons, discovered working on the shop floor at another branch by horrified parents.
In that reported case, he has not applied for a job and lied. He already had one. I would suggest that a miniscule number of employers contantly check the status of their employees against the DBS database. If he has a 5 year community order, then he has an unspent conviction. It will not be spent for another 6 years. His Public Protection Officer is under an obligation to inform his current employers if he hasn't.

This is not the same as applying for a job with a spent conviction. I realise, from my own experience, that for some people the difference between unspent and spent is "moot" as they consider anyone convicted of anything should be ostracised from society permanently, but I'm a softy liberal who has seen the damage this absolute standard can cause.
My comment about it being moot is from experience I have a couple of convictions from my late teens and despite keeping my nose clean for close on thirty years the 2013 changes to DBS system mean my long past is coming back to haunt me and I have lost out on a couple of jobs due to my prospective employer having a zero tolerance policy to ex offenders regardles of time and severity of offence. Most employers completely disregard RoOA and DBS disregard their own guidelines on issuing Standard and enhanced checks. Laws designed to protect persons with historic offences may as well not exist if they are not enforced, so I believe my comment about it being a moot point is valid.
AnOwlCalledSage

daltontrumbno wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:21 pm Most employers completely disregard RoOA and DBS disregard their own guidelines on issuing Standard and enhanced checks. Laws designed to protect persons with historic offences may as well not exist if they are not enforced, so I believe my comment about it being a moot point is valid.
I would suuggest that you get in touch with Unlock. This is one of their main campaign areas and they have a lot of practical advice and guidance. This is a good page. https://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase ... o-disclose. As they say, you have very little legal rights, if an employer ignores it.

Coincidentally, Steve Lehto has just run a video on a US lower court judge who was banned from running for office at the district level because he had switched tags on a car when he was 18 and a story from 2012 of an employee who was sacked from Well Fargo after 49 years because he had been caught using a wooden dime in a laundromat in 1962 and had served 2 days in a county jail day for it.

And to this day a conversation with a Canadian border officer crossing on my way from Seattle to Vancouver has puzzled me.

"Do you have any convictions Sir?"
"No"
"Are you sure?"
"None that I am aware of"
[Smiles and stamps my passport]
"Have a great time."

Since then I'm convinced he was pulling my leg as I've since discovered that typically other countries (including the US and Canada) border police do not have routine access to the lower level of criminal records check... but you never know!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

So, does anyone know if the restraining order was lifted or amended?

TheRambler
daltontrumbno
Captain
Captain

Post by daltontrumbno »

TheRambler wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:29 pm So, does anyone know if the restraining order was lifted or amended?

TheRambler
The case was not listed on either Court Serve or the Law Pages. My guess Rekha withdrew her appeal.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

The appeal was adjourned. The legal argument centred around whether the original judge, DJ Hadfield, was protecting the cottage or the owner/occupier, "Macca". So they have gone back to DJ Hadfield to find out what his intention was. The Daily Mail reporter at the time gives a slight clue what the restraining order was for, ie to prevent further trouble https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ngles.html
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
daltontrumbno
Captain
Captain

Post by daltontrumbno »

He Who Knows wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:43 am The appeal was adjourned. The legal argument centred around whether the original judge, DJ Hadfield, was protecting the cottage or the owner/occupier, "Macca". So they have gone back to DJ Hadfield to find out what his intention was. The Daily Mail reporter at the time gives a slight clue what the restraining order was for, ie to prevent further trouble https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ngles.html
So it's been adjourned again, the Jan 9-10 hearing had already been adjourned from 5th October last year.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

daltontrumbno wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:29 pm
He Who Knows wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:43 am The appeal was adjourned. The legal argument centred around whether the original judge, DJ Hadfield, was protecting the cottage or the owner/occupier, "Macca". So they have gone back to DJ Hadfield to find out what his intention was. The Daily Mail reporter at the time gives a slight clue what the restraining order was for, ie to prevent further trouble https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ngles.html
So it's been adjourned again, the Jan 9-10 hearing had already been adjourned from 5th October last year.
The order will have expired before this appeal actually gets anywhere !
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

'Macca' has passed away. Funeral notice is in the MEN, dated last October. That might explain the adjournment and references to 'original intent'.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Dang!

Next thing we'll hear is that Patel is back, believing that this cancels all the orders and returns the house to her.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Hope not. Likely there will be lots of property valuations and interpreting of his will, assuming he had one. I knew a landlord who died suddenly and his inheritors had to deal with the inland revenue wanting their cut of a portfolio of property worth a few million. Even a relatively straightforward inheritance will need months for probate and a deal with the revenue. There's a chance it could be back on the market though for various reasons.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AnOwlCalledSage

grixit wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:08 am Dang!

Next thing we'll hear is that Patel is back, believing that this cancels all the orders and returns the house to her.
I know other's interpretations here view her motivations as being more malign, but I'm still convinced that this is simply a move to get the restraining order removed. There is no indication that she has breached the order so far and until it is removed she does not have a spent conviction, which has huge ramifications under English law for employment, insurance and even renting a house as it is mandatory to disclose it if asked.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

There is no indication that she has breached the order so far and until it is removed she does not have a spent conviction,
I'm afraid she has returned...she delivered valentine roses at 2am to all the neighbours (including Hanover cottage) with the message "Have a nice day".
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Hasn't she got back some equity yet? If so, what does she think that is for, compensation for her time? She needs to stay away and not get involved she can not have a free house.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Wrekha simply does NOT learn.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.