Leigh Ravenscroft

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Hercule Parrot
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Leigh Ravenscroft

Post by Hercule Parrot »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:The one thing Moore can take from the case for his fellow boat owners, is that the CRT can't use the impounding of a boat to get licence fees out of the owner.
Agree with your comments. Above is a significant general win for boat owners, even if it didn't help Ravenscroft.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

As one who lived for years on various boats, I am sorry about any boater losing their boat, although there are ways of not paying licences that do not involve risking such loss.

However, I thought from the particulars of claim that the Navigable Channel argument was on shaky ground, to say the least.
I too applaud any efforts to keep the powers of the CRT in check, but once again, having been much involved with the mobile and static water living community, I know that the very nature of the beast that brings people to live in an al fresco manner on often pretty rough old boats means that any authority will be resented and defied, clashes are inevitable.

Pig headedness is not the way to go, though.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:However, I thought from the particulars of claim that the Navigable Channel argument was on shaky ground, to say the least.
I agree and wonder how much of that was Moore presenting Ravenscroft's theory as opposed to Moore presenting something boat owners were trying to establish.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

exiledscouser wrote: Raconteur news has a long chat with Leigh following his recent victory in which he admits that the legal bill was in fact an eye watering £90 Grand. All over what started out as a refusal to pay about £1,600 in mooring fees.
Compare that to the identical legal bill of £90k for Wrecka whose case has been going on a lot longer (7 years?) and whose had at least 3 hearings in the High Court so far, either Captain Pugwash has been ripped off or Wrecka's had a bargain.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

Courtesy of Hoaxtead.

I can't even begin to summarise this tale of extraordinary madness. You may wonder initially what the connection is, but it will all become clear.

https://hoaxteadresearch.wordpress.com/ ... ld-tricks/
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Filed under the category "Assorted knobheads", bravo Hoaxted :lol:
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Comrade Sharik wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:39 am I can't even begin to summarise this tale of extraordinary madness.
I think what we have here is a case of what was excellently dubbed by ExiledScouser on Quatloos in 2015 cf: Godwin's Law "Ceylon's Law".
There should be a similar law when child sexual exploitation is engaged - for all the wrong reasons - let's tentatively call it say..... "Ceylon's Law"..... in our public pronouncements.
:snicker:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
NedSeagoon
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by NedSeagoon »

Comrade Sharik wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:39 am Courtesy of Hoaxtead.

I can't even begin to summarise this tale of extraordinary madness. You may wonder initially what the connection is, but it will all become clear.

https://hoaxteadresearch.wordpress.com/ ... ld-tricks/
What an excellent site. I became so engrossed that by the time I got to my (Turkish) barber I found that they closed at 2pm. Only half day, on a Sunday? Feckless, work shy muzzlimbs coming over here and putting good British barbers out of work on the sabbath.

Or something.
longdog

Post by longdog »

They might have been feckless, work-shy, Jewish Muzlimb barbers comin' over 'ere putting British barbers out of work on the sabbath or something.

Jewish New Year kicked off yesterday.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
NedSeagoon
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by NedSeagoon »

Oi vey! And me without a new calendar already.
longdog

Post by longdog »

One of my favourite hobbies is wishing Freemen and assorted other kooks all the best for every religious holiday and festival... The Jewish holidays provoke the strongest "I'm not a bigot but...." nonsense followed by the Muzlamic holidays....

Shanah Tovah!
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
NedSeagoon
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by NedSeagoon »

"I'm not racist. Some of my best friends..." (are racist).
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

I spotted the weasel on a FB group that I troll occasionally & engaged him about his boat & court case where he was on the hook for CaRT's costs.

His link goes to this robo voiced YouTube video.

I can't find anything on the case other than the original judgement.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Is this the same Leigh Ravenscroft? I have a feeling it is.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserR ... vince.html
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions