Leigh Ravenscroft

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

SoLongCeylon
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Leigh Ravenscroft

Post by SoLongCeylon »

Whilst looking at The Nottingham Post online ( highly amusing comments section on yesterdays Crawford Court case report http://www.nottinghampost.com/carlton-m ... story.html )
I noticed an article about Ravenscrofts boat what he had taken off 'is 'ands. He's at the High Court trying to recover his costs. The best line is "

" In a preliminary ruling, Master Marsh noted that Mr Ravenscroft is "largely illiterate", due to dyslexia, and does not have the funds to pay professional lawyers.

There were also concerns that "his emotional involvement with the issues" might make it difficult for him to deal with the complex legal issues calmly."

Read more at http://www.nottinghampost.com/river-boa ... 5qcqIA9.99

http://www.nottinghampost.com/river-boa ... story.html

Ravenscroft is the repulsive little midget who likes to hurl abuse at people who in their official capacity can't respond athough I'm sure many would like to swat away the little turd with the back of their hand.
Normal Wisdom

Re: Leigh Ravenscroft

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Ah, the "cockroach" reappears.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Plenty of youtube vids of his boat saga are out there including the actual lifting of it onto the lorry.
Also one of him abusing some C&RT employees by the canal next to the Nottingham Courts ably assisted by Colon & that Summers bloke.
Let's not forget the one where Colon stick his camera in the face of the C&RT lawyers & verbally abuses them all the way to the train station with a final parting shot of "whore" at the female.

I really can't be bothered to search them out & post the links, just watch a couple of Ceylon vids & they'll pop up as suggestions.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

On the plus side, at least he paid all fees, fines and costs before suit for ot back. Finally someone doing it the right way round.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

NYGman wrote:On the plus side, at least he paid all fees, fines and costs before suit for it back. Finally someone doing it the right way round.
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=10301&p=190981&hilit=#p190981
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

The great stolen boat trial starts this week in London.

https://youtu.be/Zubt80eP6Mk
Penny Wise
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Penny Wise »

I just watched the video and I have a very important question. Why does Leigh only have fake tan on his forehead ?
Wanna balloon?
MaritalArtist
First Mate
First Mate

Post by MaritalArtist »

He's got the support of Ceylon and Tom. I predict another BIG WIN !!!11!!!!
That's right, The Mascara Snake, fast and bulbous! Also, a tin teardrop!
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Good. Then they can all go live in the boat.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Four days in the High Court? That's heavy shit. I notice Leigh Ravenscroft is another one in the long line of illiterates and dyslexics who need McKenzie friends because they "can't write good". Nothing against dyslexics (have them in my close family) but all the more reason to get a lawyer, surely? It can save money in the long run.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

He Who Knows wrote:Four days in the High Court? That's heavy shit.
To be fair it is a heavily litigated arena. The Canal & River Trust appears to be squeezing the owners of houseboats, driving them off the waterways with greatly increased fees and restrictions. They have outraged many traditional users of the rivers and canals with bullying behaviour.

See the Gazette article here - https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/relent ... 87.article -

The CRT is blatantly attempting to stop Nigel Moore from assisting Ravenscroft as McKenzie Friend, because Moore has previously won similar cases against them and they fear he's likely to do it again. Moore is a remarkable campaigner and LIP, having successfully argued before the Appeal Court on arcane matters of riparian rights. (http://www.canaljunction.com/news/crt-c ... dal-gu/788)

Of course this doesn't mean Ravenscroft is automatically right, or should win his own case. But if Nigel Moore is prepared to assist him then it's not merely an open-and-shut "should've paid the fee" case. Ravenscroft may have a fair grievance, and if so then I hope he wins.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

The canal trust has being in the news a lot recently. They painted the canal tow paths in a "BE POLITE" slagan and introduced polite areas near me in Chester. They also made a song and dance about "old fashioned British values".

Sorry but if I don't feel like taking or being polite, that's my prerogative! Not that I would treat fellow tow path walkers with anything other than.

I only hope if wins, he artibutes it to sound legal help and not freeman logic.

A headline-
http://m.stokesentinel.co.uk/visitors-u ... story.html
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Hercule Parrot wrote:.... Ravenscroft may have a fair grievance.....
Out of all the UK sovcit FMOTL type court cases, this one was the one where I thought there was a genuine issue that deserved looking into and addressing.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

If I recall, there is a genuine issue, however Leigh insisted on getting his boat back, and litigating it before he paid any fines. Eventually, he did pay the fines, and now is litigating. If he does have a case, I hope he does win, but I do think Ceylon will be pitching it as a FMOTL victory, and not one for the Law, as it would be, if he is victorious.

Anyway, it is a FMOTL loss, as Leigh was forced to pay the fine, and couldn't get anything done while Ceylon was helping him. in order to get his boat back, and likely increased the amount due, by following the FMOTL teachings. However, all this will be forgotten, and a great victory claimed if he wins.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The real tragedy is that people who might really have a valid legal claim manage to shoot themselves in the foot by going this route. Ceylon has helped no one but his ego in this.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

I had a quick look at the Canal and River Trust web site (not the legislation) and can't see any obvious reason why he would have thought he didn't need a licence.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

The most poignant part of the Law Gazette article is what the Judge actually said:

" ‘On balance, I am willing to grant permission to Mr Moore to act as Mr Ravenscoft’s McKenzie friend.’

But the judge warned permission was not ‘open-ended’ and could be withdrawn at any time if it was abused.

He would also withdraw permission if Moore sought to delay conduct of the trial and the judge warned both Ravenscroft and Moore that ‘the conduct of civil litigation is not the same as pursuing a public campaign’."

He's is fully aware of the campaign agenda...
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

aesmith wrote:I had a quick look at the Canal and River Trust web site (not the legislation) and can't see any obvious reason why he would have thought he didn't need a licence.
Looking at google maps https://goo.gl/maps/zpRDE1CuGPw I'm wondering where he was moored & how he would consider it a private mooring. Apart from the marina which has eye watering mooring fees, I can't see anywhere that could be called private & not in the navigable channel.
Pure speculation, but it looks to me like the waterway equivalent of not taxing your car.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

He Who Knows wrote:‘On balance, I am willing to grant permission to Mr Moore to act as Mr Ravenscoft’s McKenzie friend.’
The odd thing is that the article says the Moore would be acting as advocate, which would be a Lay Representative rather than McKenzie Friend (who doesn't address the court).