BTBATB...Beat the Bailiffs and the Banks...IS worse than GOODF!!

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

letissier14
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: BTBATB...Beat the Bailiffs and the Banks...IS worse than GOODF!!

Post by letissier14 »

Nadine is just awful and vulgar

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

She's a vile excuse for a human being! I can only hope she doesn't have children, but then again who would want to breed with that !
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

You have to give it to BTBATB, someone asks how to get a single DD reversed :-
Is there anyway to get a direct debit reversed. My bt bill has come out today and I just can't afford to pay it it's left me with £3 in my account for a week and my cupboards are empty. The bank is Halifax
And is advised to commit full on fraud with the usual no warning of any consequences given.
This is a scripted phone call to have with them

You need to keep it simple, don't over complicate it.

The rules are very simple "if there is an error, you have a right under the guarantee to claw back" ITS THAT SIMPLE.

"Keep it simple stupid" it should go like this....

I'd like to make a DD indemnity claim

What’s the problem?

There were errors in the amounts that should have been taken and it looks like there’s errors on all of the payments

What should the amount have been? (this is to trick you into agreeing to pay the amount you say it should have been!!!)

Not the amount taken, I'd like to claw all of the payments back from the very beginning

We only go back 2 / 6 years

No, the DD guarantee scheme has no time limit and no amount limit so I'd like to claw back all payments from that originator / Alternatively: Oh ok, that’s fine as I want to go back …. (however) many years

Can you give me full details about your complaint

With respect it’s of no concern to you, it is highly likely that this will go litigious and if we get into the why's and wherefores then I will have to call you as a witness in the case and I'm sure you would not want that, would you?

We will have to contact the originator before paying the money back

No you don't, you are obligated to pay the money back into my account within 48 hours, please keep to the terms of the guarantee

I will need to know what the complaint is

There are errors in the amounts taken, that’s all you need to know.

Now if they refuse your clawback for whatever reason, just say I don't believe that's correct so I would like to speak to your SME - Subject Matter Expert - who'll invariably be the persons supervisor. Likely she will put you on hold for couple of minutes then come back and say yay ok you can have it or she'll put you through to the SME

If SME won't budge, highly unlikely, then it's them you need to mention ombudsman to as the call handler won't care but she will as banks are automatically fined £350 for each case.
It actually worries me that people are actually prepared to do this to someone, who almost certainly, is in an desperate situation as it is.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

AndyPandy wrote:She's a vile excuse for a human being! I can only hope she doesn't have children, but then again who would want to breed with that !
There's always somebody;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clu5uc-bcJ0
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

What’s the problem?

There were errors in the amounts that should have been taken and it looks like there’s errors on all of the payments
Yes, as Skeleton says, this is plainly a criminal offence (and will be evidenced by the bank's call recording system) -

Fraud by false representation (Section 2, Fraud Act 2006)
(1) A person is in breach of this section if he—
(a) dishonestly makes a false representation, and
(b) intends, by making the representation—
(i) to make a gain for himself or another, or
(ii) to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/section/2
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Colin123
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Colin123 »

As we got closer and closer to Christmas, More and more of these idiots will do DD claw backs

They will be advised to claw back anything including Sky subscriptions though to old car insurance premiums

They will also be advised that they can "3 letter" the debt that they have created once they chase for the debt

When DD claw backs were a new thing, Companies were not so sure what to do about it, But now it is becoming more common, I am sure they will go after these idiots with full force
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

As a business I'd be doing this:

You need to keep it simple, don't over complicate it.

The rules are very simple "if there is an error, you have a right under the guarantee to claw back" ITS THAT SIMPLE.

"Keep it simple stupid" it should go like this....

What’s the problem?

What should the amount have been? (this is to trick you into agreeing to pay the amount you say it should have been!!!)

Not the amount taken, I'd like to claw all of the payments back from the very beginning

We only go back 2 / 6 years

No, the DD guarantee scheme has no time limit and no amount limit so I'd like to claw back all payments from that originator / Alternatively: Oh ok, that’s fine as I want to go back …. (however) many years
Put your claim in writing giving details of the amounts you think are wrong.

Can you give me full details about your complaint

With respect it’s of no concern to you, it is highly likely that this will go litigious and if we get into the why's and wherefores then I will have to call you as a witness in the case and I'm sure you would not want that, would you?
Almost never going to happen in a civil case. The company would be represented by a lawyer and would have a transcript of the recording of the telephone conversation. Plus at best the complainant will have a first name. Good luck with that where the business has 6 x 300 person call centres spread across the country.

We will have to contact the originator before paying the money back

No you don't, you are obligated to pay the money back into my account within 48 hours, please keep to the terms of the guarantee

I will need to know what the complaint is

There are errors in the amounts taken, that’s all you need to know.
See above - detail the errors in writing and we'll look into it.

Now if they refuse your clawback for whatever reason, just say I don't believe that's correct so I would like to speak to your SME - Subject Matter Expert - who'll invariably be the persons supervisor. Likely she will put you on hold for couple of minutes then come back and say yay ok you can have it or she'll put you through to the SME
Having worked in a call centre, my supervisor never took pone calls.

If SME won't budge, highly unlikely, then it's them you need to mention ombudsman to as the call handler won't care but she will as banks are automatically fined £350 for each case.
Not for this situation I don't think
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
#six

Post by #six »

Once again they show a complete lack of basic comprehension.

The DD guarantee says
If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society
If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when the organisation asks you to

The key word being IF. Its obvious to everyone average IQ that that means the banks are entitled to see some proof that error occurred and that getting money back will not just happen on their say so. It's also quite clear that if you get money back to which you are not entitled to that the bank and the organisation are entitled to take legal action to recover that money.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

#six wrote:Once again they show a complete lack of basic comprehension.

The DD guarantee says
If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society
If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when the organisation asks you to

The key word being IF. Its obvious to everyone average IQ that that means the banks are entitled to see some proof that error occurred and that getting money back will not just happen on their say so. It's also quite clear that if you get money back to which you are not entitled to that the bank and the organisation are entitled to take legal action to recover that money.
Yes it is obvious even to the cretins who hand out this dangerous advice, but these people do not care about anyone else but themselves, if they can get one of these DD claw backs to stick they have won as they see it. If people have Bailiffs at the front door or are charged with fraud then they need to put up with it because they are taking one for the team. BTBATB has many a post claiming success, and no doubt many do initially succeed, because the system at present is open to abuse, but what it does not have is the resultant misery caused as the DD is chased back down again. They never post about that because I guess they are to embarrassed to or more likely know they would be judged, blamed for doing it wrong and most certainly banned for pointing out the advice they were given was wrong.

Said up thread but a truly vile group who hand out incorrect and in some cases dangerous advice, who will instantly ban anyone who does not 100% completely subscribe to their ideals. The main one of which is if you can avoid paying do so and here is how and it works so no questions allowed, if you can also get something for free then do so.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

So the script is:

1. Make a highly suspicious refund claim.
2. Tell the trained phone agent they're wrong.
3. Respond to an appropriate question with a legal threat.
4. Tell the trained phone agent they're wrong again.
5. Respond to an appropriate question with an insult.
6. Demand to speak to a job title that may not exist in this organization.
7. Threaten that person with a fine.
8. Be condescending at all times.

Yeah, that'll work.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:As a business I'd be doing this:
Almost never going to happen in a civil case. The company would be represented by a lawyer and would have a transcript of the recording of the telephone conversation. Plus at best the complainant will have a first name. Good luck with that where the business has 6 x 300 person call centres spread across the country.
I think the appropriate reply would be "No, I wouldn't mind at all. We do get called to give evidence in court sometimes, it's the best part of the job. Once I had 3 nights in London in a really nice hotel, and I only had to be in court for about 20 minutes. Full pay, with expenses - it was brilliant! "
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Hercule, I definitely LIKE your answer, it is definitely off script and would throw the freetard for a loop, not to mention being fun in the process.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

As anyone who's ever called tech support knows, 90% of the time your first contact is some minimally-trained person who can do little more than read from their own script. First-level contacts are not empowered to respond to legal threats, and have probably been instructed not to do so. I suspect anyone trying the approach suggested in Skeleton's post would find their request quickly escalated, and their clawback request flagged for special attention.
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

Having previously worked for Sky, I don't recommend trying the DD indemnity scam on them if you like having TV, phone and broadband service.
Back in the day, your account would be automatically full blocked as the indemnity amount would become a debit balance and you'd no longer have a continuous payment method (since the indemnity cancels the DD, natch). You'd also get a nice system generated letter querying the indemnity and telling you to clear the balance and set up a new continuous payment method to restore your service.
Although it's been nearly 4 and a half years, I would imagine the above process is still the same.

Legal threats got immediately warm transferred to another department whether they liked it or not. Most dropped the call at that point.

PROTIP: 99.99...% of call handlers can't cold transfer to a supervisor. They NEED to know the reason for the supervisor request. Some can't even hot transfer.
-=Firthy2002=-

Watching idiots dig themselves into holes since 2016.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I'm just wanting to know what they answer when the person on the other end tells them they're India or Pakistan? Come and get me, Sparky!

I dunno, is this a thing in Britain, in the US a LOT of call centers are actually overseas.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Gregg wrote:I dunno, is this a thing in Britain, in the US a LOT of call centers are actually overseas.
A lot of ours used to be, but customers hated it. BT, Barclays and Santander, in particular, had a huge backlash against it, and it ended up causing more problems than it was worth, resulting in them bringing the call centres back to the UK. I think most major businesses have UK-based call centres now. For such a small country we have such a wide range of regional accents and dialects. I find it difficult to understand someone with a broad Geordie or Northern Ireland accent, so goodness knows how someone in Bangalore would get on with that. Cost versus value was a hard lesson for businesses to learn.
longdog

Post by longdog »

TheNewSaint wrote:As anyone who's ever called tech support knows, 90% of the time your first contact is some minimally-trained person who can do little more than read from their own script. First-level contacts are not empowered to respond to legal threats, and have probably been instructed not to do so. I suspect anyone trying the approach suggested in Skeleton's post would find their request quickly escalated, and their clawback request flagged for special attention.
Back when I was a service engineer I would give technical advice to people free of charge even if they weren't customers on the basis that it didn't cost anything, it was good PR for the company and might lead to a call-out or a sale but the sense of entitlement from some people beggared belief.

Idiot: "Can you help me? The machine we bought from you isn't printing."
Me: "Is it plugged in?"
Idiot: "Of course it is"
Me: "Just checking... Is it out of toner?"
Idiot: "How would I know?"
Me: "Well is it flashing an error code?"
Idiot: "No."
Me: "Are all the covers shut"
Idiot: "I'll check..." (later) "...Yes".
Me: "OK... What sort of machine is it?"
Idiot: "You should know... You sold it to us."
Me: "OK... Who am I speaking to?"
Idiot: "I'm A M Oron from Donthaveaclue PLC"
Me: "Hold the line one moment."
Me to boss: "Who the fuck are Donthaveaclue PLC? They're not a customer of ours are they?"
Boss to me: "Never fucking heard of them."
Me: "I'm sorry... We have no record of selling you a machine but I can come out and have a look at it if you like. Can you give me the make and model number please."
Idiot: "It's an AGFA ABC123"
Me: "I'm sorry... We don't support AGFA equipment"
Idiot: "WHY NOT?"
Me: "Because it's appalling, badly made, cheaply engineered rubbish that I wouldn't taint my screwdrivers on, because we didn't sell it to you, because I wouldn't be able to get the parts and because you've just lied to me."
Idiot: " I DEMAND YOU COME OUT AND FIX IT!!!"
Me: "I can come and throw it in the skip where it belongs if you like but it's £50 call-out plus 50p per mile over 50 miles plus £35 per hour minimum one hour."
Idiot (now getting very irate): "If you don't come out and fix the thing FOR FREE I'll pass the matter on to our lawyers."
Me: "Let me put you through to our complaints department."
Me to boss: "One for you boss... Line three."
Boss (having listen to ranting misery-guts for several minutes): "Oh fuck off!"
<click>

This sort of thing happened about once a month on average. I wouldn't work a tech support help-line for a big clock... Customers are stupid.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

The lesson here is that whoever wrote those clawback instructions has obviously never field-tested them. This is true of much of the advice GOODF offers.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Carl Cunningham
10 hrs
It’s very doubtful that Muslims were behind 9/11. Think about this for one minute: That President Bush’s family had done business with the family of the man who allegedly made the terrorist attack, Osama Bin Laden. The Bin Laden family was actually on the board of Bush’s oil company. How is it possible that of all the billions of families in the world, the one family that makes the attack on America has done business with the President of America. That sounds more like a favor than anything else. I don’t think 9/11 was an Arab conspiracy or a Muslim conspiracy. I think it’s an American conspiracy to overthrow the government of the United States and install what is becoming a police state, and also to advance the imperial ambitions of the United States, to swindle the Middle East out of their energy resources
LikeShow More ReactionsCo
It appears he has learned how to cut and paste. He posts random rubbish like this about once a day now, he may wish to consider changing the American spelling to the British spelling if he is seeking to fool anyone into thinking he actually wrote any of them. :haha: :haha: :haha:
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Nah, too many big words and complete sentences for it to be him.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.