"practical lawful dissent" fmotl advisory group

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

HardyW
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Re: "practical lawful dissent" fmotl advisory group

Post by HardyW »

Gregg wrote:Regardless, if you're making book on it, I'll be adventurous and go 10 quid on Windsor Castle. What's the odds on that?
That's quite a good bet, but even with the constraint that it will probably be in the south-west/midlands part of the country, there must be many pubs with the name Windsor Castle. No doubt three of the rebels will go to one and the other two to a different one then they will each maintain they are the authentic group and label the other group as splittist.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

HardyW wrote: No doubt three of the rebels will go to one and the other two to a different one then they will each maintain they are the authentic group and label the other group as splittist.
Either that or it's the old communist Russia police joke: Why do they go round in threes? One can read, one can write and the third one is there to keep watch on the other two dangerous intellectuals.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
He Who Knows
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by He Who Knows »

Someone needs to get Ollie Pinnock's mum on the case. She'll break it all up and send em packin' back to their mums for early bedtimes without any tea...
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Gregg wrote:Regardless, if you're making book on it, I'll be adventurous and go 10 quid on Windsor Castle. What's the odds on that?
I'll lay 20:1 for Windsor Castle specifically, or the above-listed 10:1 for "any tourist attraction."

I see that Windsor Castle was a battle site in the First Barons' War, which would be a fun coincidence.
longdog

Post by longdog »

If Windsor castle proves too hard a nut to crack there's always LegoLand's Palace of Westminster just down the road...

JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
longdog

Post by longdog »

Mik seems to have forgotten that a true rebel wouldn't be seen dead in an 'administrative court'
Mik Clayton shared a link.

Supreme court rules that Employment tribunal fees are illegal because access to justice is a right guaranteed by Magna Carta see at the end of this
He also seems to have forgotten that under common-law there are no laws against employment discrimination, unfair dismissal or failure to pay minimum wage. They are all covered by statute and quite recent statutes to boot.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Footloose52 wrote:But there any number of public buildings that would do for them to seize, Pentonville, Whitemoor, Belmarsh - do I need to go on?
Bedlam?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Looks like it's on :lol:
Robert White wrote:Looking good rebels, people are even travelling Scotland.✊
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Looks like it's on :lol:
Robert White wrote:Looking good rebels, people are even travelling Scotland.✊

Didn't Scotland join the UK long after the Magna Carta? If so, how can the MC of 1215 apply to Scotland or those "rebels" in Scotland?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I would suspect that the pubs in and around Windsor are well out of their pocket and couch change range.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

TheNewSaint wrote:I see that Windsor Castle was a battle site in the First Barons' War, which would be a fun coincidence.
Runnymeade is just down the road from Windsor Castle IIRC.
As to the Scots, I await an explanation of their interest in A61, as Scotland of course has its own laws.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:As to the Scots, I await an explanation of their interest in A61, as Scotland of course has its own laws.
It hasn't stopped some of them trying to use US and other foreign statutes.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

rogfulton wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:As to the Scots, I await an explanation of their interest in A61, as Scotland of course has its own laws.
It hasn't stopped some of them trying to use US and other foreign statutes.
True, and they all believe the UCC is the law of the Universe, it even applies in space :) Amazing!
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

The PLD guys are beginning to remind of the little kid I taught years ago who kept trying to run out of the room. The thing was he wouldn't make his move for the door unless an adult was looking. He wanted to see us jump up, shout at him and then chase him down knowing full well he wouldn't be allowed get two feet out the door once saw him make the move.

When we stopped paying him any attention he started working the door handle and banging on the door in the hopes we'd jump up and shout like we did the first couple of times he tried to run. He eventually gave up and moved on to other more usual misbehaviors like saying cuss words. When he started calling us "mudder uckers" we knew he needed speech therapy. When he called me a "nitter itch" I knew he need to work on his vocabulary and understanding.

The PLD guys are like that kid. They're going to do something rash and we all better look at them or we're going to miss it. Like that kid who knew nobody was going to let him go run out in traffic, the PLD boys know full well that the cops aren't going to rough them up and the judge isn't going to waste resources on a handful of cranks who show up at some government building with handbills and a crazy attitude.
Last edited by arayder on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

Didn't Scotland join the UK long after the Magna Carta? If so, how can the MC of 1215 apply to Scotland or those "rebels" in Scotland?
Yes; about 500 years later, in the reign of Queen Anne (1707 IIRC), after the Scots had bankrupted themselves with an ill-judged venture into colonisation in the late 17C. The then Scottish Parliament voted to dissolve itself as part of the treaty, although the kingdoms had had one monarch from 1603, apart from the interruption caused by the English Civil War. James VI of Scotland was also James I of England after the death of Elizabeth I.

The history between the Scots and English in the 13C and earlier was not one of friendliness.

Edward Longshanks, for example, launched several aggressive campaigns against the Scots in the 1290s. BTW, it was also he who was responsible for the last revision of Magna Carta in 1297. It was as irrelevant to the Scottish king and nobles then as it had been in 1215.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

I think they believe the Act of Union is somehow applied retroactively and that because Scotland has always been a part of the British Isles and has in part adopted common law that somehow the Magna Carta applies.

You can make anything for if you really try hard enough!
notorial dissent

You're assuming they are even aware of that little bit of history??? Or understand it??
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

TheNewSaint wrote:
I'll lay 20:1 for Windsor Castle specifically, or the above-listed 10:1 for "any tourist attraction."
They have no chance in a location like that. Firstly, remember the miserable attendance they are famed for - maybe 20 at most of Robinson's Rebels will attend. And some of those 20 will only be there to posture & gesticulate from the sidelines, or can't stay for more than a day. So they won't have the numbers to barricade and defend a major building.

They might be able to 'seize' a room within a major building (The Queen's Breakfasting Room, or one of the courtrooms at the Old Bailey or RCJ for example) but this won't be visible to the public. The government will then easily spin the media in their preferred direction (sinister and violent attack necessitating firm Police action, or eccentric 'flat earth' cranks best ignored until they get bored and go home).

I think we can be confident that if they 'seize' a site within their capability, it will be pathetic and widely ignored. And if they attempt something on a scale which attracts national media attention, they will be overwhelmed and arrested within hours. So exciting, I just cant wait to see which way are they going to fail.... :haha: :haha:
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Hercule Parrot wrote: Firstly, remember the miserable attendance they are famed for -
I suppose they could successfully seize a phone box.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
notorial dissent

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
Hercule Parrot wrote: Firstly, remember the miserable attendance they are famed for -
I suppose they could successfully seize a phone box.
I was thinking more in the way of a public toilet, if you still have those, or possibly a bus stop, wouldn't want to tax their abilities too greatly. Have to keep in mind their capabilities and planning acumen, not to mention their limited funding.