"practical lawful dissent" fmotl advisory group

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: "practical lawful dissent" fmotl advisory group

Post by longdog »

JimUk1 wrote:As far as I can tell, PLD only offers a 'sure guarantee' for debt redemption with all this Magna Carta crap, that's the only thing Dave touts. But as rational people will no doubt be aware; or simply doesn't exist.
Debt redemption does appear to be the main if not sole motivation of the A61 rebels but the page itself is a clear illustration of how well it works... It doesn't.

PAYG Dave needs to be a bit more Kim Young Unian and delete all of the posts that show A61 rebellion failing to live up to the claims he makes for it. How many times have we seen Dave and his wife Robert telling newcomers that if they 'stand under Magna Carta' there's nothing the courts can do? How many times have we seen it fail abysmally and have the courts carry on regardless?

Unfortunately if Dave did delete all of the failures there's be nothing left.

We really should have a sweepstake on how much longer Dave's group will last before he moves on to other things.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

One born every minute.

I suspect we will get a constant throughput of the "I've just woken up" idiots that try and fail.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

JimUk1 wrote:
SteveUK wrote:Ah , but surely the Magna Carta specifically stated you can buy a foreign wife, her kids , and have the tax payer the foot the bill and waive immigration law?

As yes I remember, Steve!

That clause (Article 701) was added by PLDers to fit their own interpretation of Magnum Carter, as witnessed by Clint Eastwood.
I think you mean Magnum cartridge don't you, if you're dragging Clint in to this?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

Did he fire six shots or only five? *Click-click.....CLICK*

David's Magnum Cartridge method is the legal equivalent of threatening with an empty revolver, where the person being threatened can see the empty chambers in the cylinder.

No wonder his method doesn't work!
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Mark Abbot, the PLDer we discussed previously who has been convicted of speeding and failing to furnish, has confirmed that he did not attend the court hearing where the mags were going to consider if he should lose his driving licence. He has subsequently received a letter from the court informing him that he has been disqualified from driving for six months. :lol:
All is not lost however. He intends to send more notices. :haha: :haha: :haha:
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Mark Abbot, the PLDer we discussed previously who has been convicted of speeding and failing to furnish, has confirmed that he did not attend the court hearing where the mags were going to consider if he should lose his driving licence. He has subsequently received a letter from the court informing him that he has been disqualified from driving for six months. :lol:
All is not lost however. He intends to send more notices. :haha: :haha: :haha:
I note that although his earlier exhibits showed conviction for both speeding and FtF, the latest one only refers to FtF on 7th Sep. Could this be actually be a separate matter?

That conviction of failing to provide driver details seems to be a popular one with the PLD. At least one other has just received exactly the same conviction and penalty, and another is working towards it by failing to respond to three requests from Kent Police.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

The question no one seems to be asking is 'are you still driving?'

Given that his job involves driving, I'm assuming that he is. He also can't plead ignorance of the disqualification seeing as he's posted the evidence for all to read.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

There is little opportunity for Lawful Rebellion in normal everyday affairs.

I have had a serious think about how to do a bit of rebellion, and can't think of anything much. It seems that I do not have any meaningful contact with official bodies, I don't even belong to a golf club where I could neglect to replace my divots.

It could be that the request for information is ideally designed to provoke the average Rebel. It can be done in the privacy of the home, it could be felt as 'standing up to the Man, and is doomed to increase their eventual penalty (an irrational motivation that seems omnipresent).
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

BoomerSooner17 wrote:Did he fire six shots or only five? *Click-click.....CLICK*

David's Magnum Cartridge method is the legal equivalent of threatening with an empty revolver, where the person being threatened can see the empty chambers in the cylinder.

No wonder his method doesn't work!
I would have thought it was the legal equivalent of playing Russian roulette with all chambers loaded.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Siegfried Shrink

threatening with an empty revolver, where the person being threatened can see the empty chambers in the cylinder.
Snag there is that you cannot see the chamber aligned with the barrel.
I think you'd still have to feel lucky.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:
threatening with an empty revolver, where the person being threatened can see the empty chambers in the cylinder.
Snag there is that you cannot see the chamber aligned with the barrel.
I think you'd still have to feel lucky.
That depends on whether or not they have already cocked the hammer as it's the cocking of the gun that also revolves the cylinder. If the chamber either side of top dead centre is empty and the hammer is down you're OK.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Siegfried Shrink

For brevity, I omitted details of the revolver action, but took the clicks to mean that the revolver was cocked and ready. I really don't know if the .44 magnum is single or double action.
I do appreciate that it is in the best Quatloos tradition to scrutinise details carefully however, and will be sure to report back with what I see next time the situation arises. :-)

edited to remove a split infinitive.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:For brevity, I omitted details of the revolver action, but took the clicks to mean that the revolver was cocked and ready. I really don't know if the .44 magnum is single or double action.
I do appreciate that it is in the best Quatloos tradition to carefully scrutinise details however, and will be sure to report back with what I see next time the situation arises. :-)
The S&W Model 29 of Dirty Harry fame is a double action.

Trivia... In the original Dirty Harry film the gun used for firing shots was actually a Mod 29 in .41 Long Colt as .44 blanks were not available. The gun in the close-ups was a .44 Magnum.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

You guys are demonstrating way too much knowledge of firearms for people who live in a country without a Second Amendment.
:shock:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Siegfried Shrink

One of my favourite teenage reads was Firearms of the World, I am sure I still have a copy here somewhere. Although all the 'Guns and Ammo' went decades ago.
I believe everyone should have practical knowledge of firearms, if only to handle them safely and to understand basic discipline, such are routinely clearing any weapon you pick up, not pointing any weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot, etc.

British townies may have little aquaintance with shooting, as a country boy I was off in the fields with a shotgun at an early age.
Last edited by Siegfried Shrink on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Gregg wrote:You guys are demonstrating way too much knowledge of firearms for people who live in a country without a Second Amendment.
I'm a retired gun nut. I gave up shooting after the law changes following the Hungerford and Dunblane massacres. It stopped being worth the hassle.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Gregg wrote:You guys are demonstrating way too much knowledge of firearms for people who live in a country without a Second Amendment.
And my excuse is that I was a history and military history fanatic so anything up the WW2, I could probably identify and talk a bit about.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

Never got on that well with .303 rifle at school but loved .22.

22 was always indoor, got to use a match rifle once and it was a joy if a little awkward to handle as I'm left handed and the bolt used to dig into my cheek. Same with the 303 but the kick was a bit much for a young lad that was a bit of a featherweight.

Not shot pistol but my partner has, her brother once volunteered to do a job a police marksman had failed to do - he completed the task clinically.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Sometimes I wish this practicality about firearms in general as evinced on this forum was communicated to the local constabulary. My belief is they're out there, they are something you should know about, if only how to interact with them safely. A few months back I was stopped by some RCMP trying to be undercover in the country and they got a little bit upset since I had in plain site one of these:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=cash+spe ... aAy1b2aQBM:
effective range - direct physical contact with the animal's skull. It was probably related to this incident:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/s ... -1.4137770
Nothing makes my day better than having to calm down some city bred police when I know I have to shoot a few animals and haul their remains out of the barn.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Back in the 80s I was arrested twice for the illegal possession of one of these beauties...

I actually had a shotgun licence but the cops refused to believe it was legally a shotgun because 'it looks mean'. The first time I had to wait two hours for their civilian expert to arrive which was entertaining when the expert turned out to be the registered firearms dealer who sold it to me and the second time, two weeks later, I got an apology from the same desk sergeant as before and a lift back home :mrgreen:

I can only assume that after all that they stopped taking any notice of my insane neighbour and his "There's a man with a gun getting in a car"* calls :snicker:

*It was in a case.

ETA: Thinking back I realise now that both times I was stopped by unarmed cops and not even cuffed for the ride to the police station. Things are probably a bit more dramatic in the same circumstances today. :shock: