Is this where Ex-Goofers have gone to play?

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

aesmith
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Is this where Ex-Goofers have gone to play?

Post by aesmith »

I'm kicking myself for not saving it, but Oldsalt popped back up again on the Crawford thread yesterday, with a critical post. At that time his other posts were back to being normally visible, and for a moment I thought maybe Mr C had fallen out of favour. Not so, the new post has now gone. Unless someone knows how to find a cached version.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

I'm quietly watching this one ...
http://goodf.forumotion.com/t103-privat ... e-you#1130

It starts off as one of Ceylon's "latest news" videos containing no doubt incorrect or at best wildly out of date advice about private parking matters. Moving on one of the members "andybreck" has now got two court claims for private parking and is receiving the most bizarre advice. I can't really follow what his defence consists of, but given the industry it could easily go either way. The incompetence of a Goofy being matched by the incompetence of some parking outfits.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

aesmith wrote:I'm quietly watching this one ...

It starts off as one of Ceylon's "latest news" videos containing no doubt incorrect or at best wildly out of date advice about private parking matters. Moving on one of the members "andybreck" has now got two court claims for private parking and is receiving the most bizarre advice. I can't really follow what his defence consists of, but given the industry it could easily go either way. The incompetence of a Goofy being matched by the incompetence of some parking outfits.
This one's just as bad, they're spouting absolute gibberish

http://goodf.forumotion.com/t236-court-claim-fail
Penny Wise
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Penny Wise »

I hope this is not an escalation of freeman arguments

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... osion.html
Police were called at around 11.50am on Wednesday, 19 April, to a disturbance at a residential address in Stapleton Hall Road N4. It is understand that bailiffs were at the address.

'Officers attended the location and, as they arrived at around midday, there was a localised explosion within the property.

'At this early stage, police are aware of two people injured. One man has sustained serious burns, and a police officer sustained an arm injury. We await further details.
Wanna balloon?
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Penny Wise wrote:I hope this is not an escalation of freeman arguments

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... osion.html
A little more on the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39644173
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

That 'debate' has just got even funnier with this bit from bimmer
Today at 11:27 am
by bimmer
What occurred to me, was we need some sort of immunity, like diplomatic immunity.
Eh !?? :thinking:
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

It starts off as one of Ceylon's "latest news" videos containing no doubt incorrect or at best wildly out of date advice about private parking matters. Moving on one of the members "andybreck" has now got two court claims for private parking and is receiving the most bizarre advice. ...
by bimmer Today at 11:27 am
What occurred to me, was we need some sort of immunity, like diplomatic immunity.
Yes, because if everyone could claim immunity to the law, our lives would be so much better. Wait till 'bimmer' hears about Lorfull Reblyion, he'll dive into that woo like a dog eating hot chips.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Yes, because if everyone could claim immunity to the law, our lives would be so much better. Wait till 'bimmer' hears about Lorfull Reblyion, he'll dive into that woo like a dog eating hot chips.
But of course it's easy to get immunity from UK laws.
Bugger off and live somewhere else.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

bimmer wrote:What occurred to me, was we need some sort of immunity, like diplomatic immunity.
Well there's that notice the old Goofies have, you display it on you car and anyone giving you a parking ticket has to pay you £5000. Or do they ..
Bleher wrote:Just to update everyone, Vinci Park succeeded in a strike-out application in court today as the notice cannot bind anybody into a contract and there is no legal provision for claiming damages or losses in relation to overturned parking charge notices either. I have been ordered to pay just over £3k in legal fees to them, so effectively now know that the notice may work as a deterrent in some circumstances but is not legally enforceable. I can't afford appealing.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Do they ever actually read the stuff they post for coherence and content?? Dumbern' rocks.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Goodf has gone. It has checked out, expired, moved to the afterlife.

littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

GOODF has been entertaining for most of its three-year run, as the go-to place for UK anti-establishment nutters. But recently it became boringly mainstream, focussing on regulars posting boilerplate responses for debtors to send to their creditors.

Recently, the only entertainment value has been the low moral tone "never pay your debts" and hilarious legal advice "reconstituted pre-2007 agreements don't satisfy s78".

If it has gone to the bit-bucket in the sky, I won't miss it.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Perhaps the new owners realized this was not a fruitful source of paying customers for their debt-management business, and pulled the plug.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

It could be just broken. The name http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org still resolves, and the resolved IP address responds to ping and to traceroute. It just doesn't accept connection to port 80.

Maybe they've not paid their hosting bill, or tried to pay it with a Were cheque.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

1,000,000 REs gives it 24 hours before the conspiracy theories start

Penny Wise
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Penny Wise »

5 ways to turn your thin locks ??

Is that an ad for Colon and his hair or for freeman to better secure their homes from baliffs
Wanna balloon?
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

It's still offline.

Why aren't the ex-hardcore GOODFies asking where all the crowdfunding went? Because wasn't it to pay for the continuation of the site.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Aaaaand ... it's back.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

mufc1959 wrote:Aaaaand ... it's back.
Not for me
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Member "landlubber" is having trouble with his broadband Internet connection. What's happening to our broadband. Now it's true that broadband Internet provision in the UK could be described as a bag of worms, with inconsistent deployment of technologies, variable quality legacy copper (or aluminium) phone cabling, and the obscure relationships between Openreach, BT Wholesale and the retail Communications Providers. Add in poor customer support especially from the lower priced providers, and it's quite clear that a non-technically aware end user could have a fault that simply doesn't get fixed for lack of asking or answering the correct questions.

However that's not how they see it, it's either a government grand plan to shut down the whole Internet, or maybe it's "free thinkers" such as landlubber being specifically targeted.

It's tempting to offer sensible technical advice. However reading the thread I think he is one who simply can't be helped. I'd end up rising to some stupid comment and getting banned as well.