The Crawfords Keep Looking For A Unicorn

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: The Crawfords Keep Looking For A Unicorn

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Colin123 wrote:Mortgage shortfalls are not statute barred for 12 years.....
Do we have any England and Wales lawyers here? Does Tom bringing a court case, losing and being required to pay costs reset the 12 year clock? Oh dear.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

YiamCross wrote:I thought it was hilarious that one of the main planks of their case against B&B was that no court fee was paid and they were guilty of the very same thing.
Then it only makes sense that If they do try to "appeal" be sure to use that point as part of the dismissal. They will have to instantly admit defeat.

Oh, and welcome back!
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Welcome back!
Pox

Post by Pox »

Yiam I am interested in your comment re LIP.
Being able to represent yourself in court is both a blessing and a curse, I think.
It's good that litigants can have the opportunity to represent themselves but as usual, some abuse the process.
My situation was similar to yours -
Someone was tormenting me and the police advised that I took out a civil injunction. I was in no fit state to represent myself so had no option but to employ legal representation.
The injunction was granted and papers served on the individual and then the 'fun' started. The individual demanded (and got) a number of emergency hearings, each time costing me money that I could not afford in legal fees.
Fortunately I did not have to attend any, except the last one.
At the first hearing, the judge threatened to send the defendant down on two occasions for contempt.
Unfortunately there was then a change of judge to one who believed in 'justice for all' - a concept I agree with, as long as it isn't abused.
There was one hearing that went on for 4 hours- the judge allowed the defendant to speak about all sorts of rubbish, including maritime law.
The final hearing, which I had to attend, was given an allocation of 3 days to 'allow the defendant sufficient time to have his say' - all at my expense of course. Such was the extent that the judge was prepared to go to in his quest for 'justice for all'.
Video facilities were put in place for the hearing as I was too scared to even be in the same room as the defendant.
As it happened, he didn't turn up, which was a huge relief to me, but what a huge waste of court time and resources.
I was granted an injunction with no time limit, which was a huge relief and thankfully it hasn't been breached but it cost me an awful lot financially (just about all my savings).
I suppose I should be grateful though that I now have my life back even though I have no financial safety blanket.
Crawford et Al similarly abuse the system - a system that has merits in principle, until it is taken advantage of by folks like them, and the defendant in my case
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

A terrible tale Pox. I had a similar experience when I did a section 80 environmental health claim against an adjoining pub. The magistrate and clerk bent over backwards to help me. It’s daunting but justice is for all of course.

It’s a shame that TC is able to abuse it.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

I know Craig isn't in the SovCit or FMOTL category but for everyone's festive entertainment, this is what internet millionaire is flogging now:

https://celebsmile.net/

and the youtube turorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJRIC2Bn4SQ

He even has is own picture on the instagram site, wearing some of these fake teeth

https://www.instagram.com/celebsmileuk/

Initially I thought this was a joke, but there are plenty of videos about these press on teeth on YT and they are getting hundreds of thousands of views..........
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Dear god. What’s this world coming to?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

SteveUK wrote:Dear god. What’s this world coming to?
Steve, Steve, stop being so judgmental. He's trying to provide a service. Those 'Older White' seem just the ticket for, let's say, a mature but vibrant individual like myself who's teeth have aged somewhat more than the rest of his still youthful physique. They might bring things more into balance when I cruise the hot Saturday night geriatric crowd. Not a word to Mrs. Burnaby49!
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Burnaby49 wrote:
SteveUK wrote:Dear god. What’s this world coming to?
Steve, Steve, stop being so judgmental. He's trying to provide a service. Those 'Older White' seem just the ticket for, let's say, a mature but vibrant individual like myself who's teeth have aged somewhat more than the rest of his still youthful physique. They might bring things more into balance when I cruise the hot Saturday night geriatric crowd. Not a word to Mrs. Burnaby49!
That’s your Xmas present sorted then!
Pox

Post by Pox »

'celebsmile' - does he mean dentures?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Pox wrote:'celebsmile' - does he mean dentures?
They're called veneers. Fake teeth front surfaces you stick in front of your real teeth.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Pox

Post by Pox »

Burnaby49 wrote:
Pox wrote:'celebsmile' - does he mean dentures?
They're called veneers. Fake teeth front surfaces you stick in front of your real teeth.
Dentures then, but without extraction?
The Seventh String

Re: The Crawfords Keep Looking For A Unicornwhicvh I

Post by The Seventh String »

I’ve a couple of “real” dental veneers. They’re done by grinding the front of the tooth’s enamel back a tiny amount to get back to sound material and to make space for the veneer. A precision-made thin porcelain veneer is then bonded onto the tooth using a very powerful and permanent adhesive to replace the removed enamel and any chips etc.

To get things to fit properly several very accurate impressions of the relevant teeth before and during the process are taken to make sure everything is going to fit, plus maybe a little further shaping of tooth and veneer during the final fitting and glueing.

The idea is that once glued in they stay there and they take up no more room in your mouth than the tooth did before it was veneered. Once done you shouldn’t notice them any more than you notice a properly done filling.

Veneers aren’t dentures, dentures are false teeth which can be removed by the wearer, or so my dentist said when making a partial plate for me. Implants are (very expensive) false teeth the wearer can not remove. Veneers are veneers.

As for these clip-on posing “veneers”, even if they look good (which I doubt) and even remotely fit (which I doubt even more), talking, eating and drinking with them in must be quite entertaining.

For spectators anyway, for the wearer not so much.
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

There are several people who have their own threads here who would be ideal customers for Craig's joke teeth:

Colon

Chrissy Morris

Steve McRae

Many of the hardcore followers of TC who shouted at the Police on Eviction Day 2015.

Any more?
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

It's surprising that Craig needs to get involved with such a business when only 2 or 3 years ago he was making a huge fortune from the marketing scam venture.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I'm trying to imagine those tooth covers, but my mind keeps picturing the way comedy movies used to portray japanese people.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

grixit wrote:I'm trying to imagine those tooth covers, but my mind keeps picturing the way comedy movies used to portray japanese people.
Damn - I need to clean my keyboard now ....
longdog

Post by longdog »

My first thought was similar... "I hear you're a racist now Father"

JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

SoLongCeylon wrote:There are several people who have their own threads here who would be ideal customers for Craig's joke teeth:

Colon

Chrissy Morris

Steve McRae

Many of the hardcore followers of TC who shouted at the Police on Eviction Day 2015.

Any more?
I was thinking of Amanda in her onesie wearing veneers on her teeth

(OK so I have a strange imagination.......................)
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

SoLongCeylon wrote:There are several people who have their own threads here who would be ideal customers for Craig's joke teeth:

Any more?
What about Cwissy's friend, Jonathan, who showed off the most impressive set of rotten black teeth I've ever seen on UK national TV.