The Crawfords Keep Looking For A Unicorn

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

hucknallred
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Crawfords Keep Looking For A Unicorn

Post by hucknallred »

As isolation boredom sinks in, time to revisit old friends.

The former Crawford castle now appears in its improved state from above. Nice job by the new owner.

https://goo.gl/maps/X27Wq7QXtC13tsdw5
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

Not much room in the garden to keep chickens..........
longdog

Post by longdog »

SoLongCeylon wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:45 pm Not much room in the garden to keep chickens..........
There is but one chicken and that chicken is Betty. Thou shalt have no other chickens but her.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Betty is still in Witness Protection in Key West. She's so big there they not only closed the KFC, there is a True Science Fact law against harming chickens that reside on the island.

Not kidding. There is.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
doublelong
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by doublelong »

https://www2.le.ac.uk/news/events/2020/ ... 6117648127
I think we should put a minibus on? Greg can bring the dash hounds and I think someone should let Betty know.
Tom this looks like a good time to produce the evidence you have been holding back for the last 5 years!
:haha:
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

Methinks we need a time machine.
Mr Mike Sassi will give the Leicester Lit and Phil’s Leicester Mercury Media Lecture on Monday 10th February.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
doublelong
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by doublelong »

Wakeman52 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:45 am Methinks we need a time machine.
Mr Mike Sassi will give the Leicester Lit and Phil’s Leicester Mercury Media Lecture on Monday 10th February.
doh think I have spent to much time in the sun 8)
Interobang
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Interobang »

hucknallred wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:11 pm As isolation boredom sinks in, time to revisit old friends.

The former Crawford castle now appears in its improved state from above. Nice job by the new owner.

https://goo.gl/maps/X27Wq7QXtC13tsdw5
Thank you for your kind comments... it was not with out its annoyances... however we've been very happy here!
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Interobang wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:00 pm Thank you for your kind comments... it was not with out its annoyances... however we've been very happy here!
Tell us more....
Interobang
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Interobang »

hucknallred wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:27 pm
Interobang wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:00 pm Thank you for your kind comments... it was not with out its annoyances... however we've been very happy here!
Tell us more....
Are there any specific questions that you have?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I think one question would be if you had to endure any harrassment or contact by the Crawfords after taking possession of the property.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
doublelong
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by doublelong »

Interobang wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:49 pm
Tell us more....
I would be interested to know what the neighbours really thought about it all and did their opinion change as it dragged on.
Interobang
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Interobang »

The Observer wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:29 pm I think one question would be if you had to endure any harrassment or contact by the Crawfords after taking possession of the property.
When you mean taking possession? We've always had it since the original sale. As was said in court our parents bought it before the auction and we then raised the money on the property after. This is why there was more than one sale. Due to the value of the original sale and the shit-hole that we took over we were unable to raise the full value of what we had spent in the renovation. If you're any good at maths you'll be able to work out our spend.

So that being said that you don't think we've recently bought it? Yes we had a couple of visits whilst we were working there... The amusing letter of trespass quoted in court (I'll put it up if I can figure out how.) And then there was the obvious breaking through the roof... since then... no we've not had anything.

Incase you were all wondering which I'm sure you all were? He broke in to remove something... we don't know what but part of the floor was removed
Interobang
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Interobang »

doublelong wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:21 pm
Interobang wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:49 pm

Tell us more....
I would be interested to know what the neighbours really thought about it all and did their opinion change as it dragged on.
This is quite an easy one to answer... I don't want to talk for anybody obviously. No the neighbours opinions never changed... they feel exactly the same now as they did at the beginning. The 'followers' that thought the place was beautiful before hand were very sadly mistaken... so it was never very nice to be around and there was always some disturbance before.

I'm trying to be diplomatic as I'm sure you can tell. We personally did not and do not hold any malice towards anyone through all of this. It was inferred at court that we had somehow waited for the repossession and the swooped in to take advantage. This was obviously not the case. I can tell you our side of how we came across and the purchase of the house if anyone is that interested?
TBL

Post by TBL »

Interobang, thank you very much for engaging us with our probably annoying questions. I can't speak for anyone else, but personally, I'm very interested in the enduring issues created by these lunatics and the properties they leave behind. I don't recall anyone having bought one of the repossessed properties dropping by to tell their story. Feel free to tell as much or as little as you seem appropriate. You can even use us as a vent if you feel so inclined.
I'm curious if there were any insurance issues after the sale? Did any insurers (assuming private homeowners insurance as we have here across the pond) balk thinking that there may be intentional damage due to the way that the home was acquired? What about after the first break-in? Now, none of this may be relevant or something you want public. If so, I fully understand.
Interobang
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Interobang »

TBL wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:09 pm Interobang, thank you very much for engaging us with our probably annoying questions. I can't speak for anyone else, but personally, I'm very interested in the enduring issues created by these lunatics and the properties they leave behind. I don't recall anyone having bought one of the repossessed properties dropping by to tell their story. Feel free to tell as much or as little as you seem appropriate. You can even use us as a vent if you feel so inclined.
I'm curious if there were any insurance issues after the sale? Did any insurers (assuming private homeowners insurance as we have here across the pond) balk thinking that there may be intentional damage due to the way that the home was acquired? What about after the first break-in? Now, none of this may be relevant or something you want public. If so, I fully understand.
Hey TBL... there is nothing annoying about it... We have no problem in sharing anything... and in fact although as was said in the court case this was not the first repossessed property that our father had purchased it was places like here that told the full story. In out and on my phone at the moment so won’t waffle on too much... I’m one of those ‘see more’ posters on FB. I shall sit down tomorrow and tell a tale of real unborrowed money and sawing through roof batons!

?!
TBL

Post by TBL »

I await your harrowing tale with bated breath.
LurkerRob
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by LurkerRob »

Incase you were all wondering which I'm sure you all were? He broke in to remove something... we don't know what but part of the floor was removed
I think we've all been fooled!
I suspect at the first sign of the eviction Betty was hidden in a purpose built "Safe Room" and then retrieved at a later date when the coast was clear.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

LurkerRob wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:43 pm I think we've all been fooled!
I suspect at the first sign of the eviction Betty was hidden in a purpose built "Safe Room" and then retrieved at a later date when the coast was clear.
Nah, this was an act of desperation to recover an cherished library of gentlemen's relaxation literature.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
doublelong
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by doublelong »

Were there holes in the ceiling from the police using steel rods to poke holes to force the roof top six down? As I have always thought this was an exaggeration