Council Tax My Arse Facbook page

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Re: Council Tax My Arse Facbook page

Post by littleFred »

Yeah, because "CT(A&E)R" stands for "Council Tax (Arse and Elbow) Regulations".
Hercule Parrot
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Where do they get these imaginary rights and laws? Its funny and tragic at the same time.

Remember to stand on one leg and put your left index finger in your right ear. As long as you do that, they can't touch you - it's Manga Carter, innit...
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Hercule Parrot wrote:Where do they get these imaginary rights and laws? Its funny and tragic at the same time.
Baseball, they are referring to the 3 strikes you're out rule. So now, the rules of baseball apply to UK courts.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I thought the finger went somewheres else, but that may have just been a mistranslation. :snicker:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I'm surprised no one has advised her to cover her eyes because then the courts/council/bailiffs can't see her.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

So I wonder how Gail got on, did she attend?
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

TheNewSaint wrote:
Does membership in a Facebook group called "Council Tax My Arse" qualify as "willful refusal?"
I would say that because there is no question mark after the word "Tax" the sentence reads like a request to the council for even more taxation.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

One of the last posts made about this, and still no word on how she got on today as of yet.

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

It's like a train crash, you see it coming, want to look away because you know what's going to happen but you can't! :shock:
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
TheNewSaint wrote:
Does membership in a Facebook group called "Council Tax My Arse" qualify as "willful refusal?"
I would say that because there is no question mark after the word "Tax" the sentence reads like a request to the council for even more taxation.
... or at least, a comma...
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

More false advice from the ever-imaginative internet lawyers. If Gail executed a real POA through the proper process, then the Police would probably give additional information, access and co-operation to the named person. However there is no "right to require" in UK law, despite what Darron Hodgkinson may think. Young Master Briggs could stand outside the Police Station waving his piece of paper all night, it would be cheerfully ignored. Every British Constable is expertly-trained in the deployment of stolid indifference.

But this is nonsense anyway, because excepting certain special circumstances (terrorism, witness nobbling etc) an arrested person is actually entitled to make a phone call to their family or friends, without any magic piece of paper.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

AndyPandy wrote:It's like a train crash, you see it coming... [snip]
Not quire like a train crash. A train is stuck on it's path, is heavily weighted down and needs a LOT of stopping space so the engineer is kinda stuck on what s/he can do when they first spot the problem.

In this case: it's a person who is going down a path they can easily choose to change and instead are making choices to deliberately make the situation worse.

A better analogy would be someone walking a tightrope over a deadly deep canyon who has no concept of what that means, has never walked such a device before, and instead of the offered pole to help keep balance they want to roller blade across.

The only question I've ever had is: how far are they going to take their current strategy before reality sets in?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

It's like Jackass: Law and Order Edition. "Hi, my name is Gail, and I'm going to not pay my taxes for three years and then claim immunity under the Magna Carta."
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Anyone heard from Gail, or has she been blown off the map?

Just went to look, and the group is closed, I thought the other day when I was looking, it was open... Interesting
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
rumpelstilzchen

NYGman wrote:Anyone heard from Gail, or has she been blown off the map?
On Wednesday night she made a post stating that she was not going to attend the committal hearing and she had told her son to keep all doors and windows locked.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I suspect things didn't go well and she is either hiding out or in jail.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

notorial dissent wrote:I suspect things didn't go well and she is either hiding out or in jail.
I've absolutely no doubt an arrest warrant was issued and they'll be kicking that door down soon.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Hercule Parrot wrote:More false advice from the ever-imaginative internet lawyers. If Gail executed a real POA through the proper process, then the Police would probably give additional information, access and co-operation to the named person.
I generally agree, but POA is usually only needed where the person giving the POA has some serious problems like health issues or mental capacity issues and the Police would be smart enough to realise this. I don't know what the process is but I would think it would be possible to get the POA declared sham or void. The alternative of course is that they strictly enforce it: not listening to what Gail says but referring everything to the son. Either way leaves open the pair of them getting charged with wasting Police time.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
rumpelstilzchen

She asked "How do I give him power of attorney?"
The reply: "Simply write it out and sign it"
BHF wrote:
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:I generally agree, but POA is usually only needed where the person giving the POA has some serious problems like health issues or mental capacity issues and the Police would be smart enough to realise this. I don't know what the process is but I would think it would be possible to get the POA declared sham or void. The alternative of course is that they strictly enforce it: not listening to what Gail says but referring everything to the son. Either way leaves open the pair of them getting charged with wasting Police time.
I think an ordinary power of attorney is fairly straightforward, just needs to be drafted signed and witnessed. The complicated one is the "Lasting Power of Attorney" (formerly "Enduring") which is the one drawn up while the person is fully capable, then lies dormant until activated if they become incapacitated. I've used both, the ordinary one to allow a solicitor to sign some agreements on my behalf in my absence, that was strictly limited in time and in scope. Ordinary POA becomes void if the donor loses mental capacity.