Sovrun Paraleguls

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Hercule Parrot
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Sovrun Paraleguls

Post by Hercule Parrot »

JimUk1 wrote:https://m.facebook.com/groups/193082005 ... 0642938119
The screws turning on Liam, but fear not! Another bad interpretation of legislation is at hand to save him!
Fuckwitted Liam wrote:I asked if it was the dvla who clamped me bcos I have registered the car and I haven't bought any tax bcos I'm in dispute with the CEO Oliver Morley!! It turns out it's not the dvla doing the clamping at all, it's a third party interloper called NSL, who I have no legal relationship with!!! NSL have no right to clamp my vehicle or any vehicle without a contract..
Liam will shortly discover that there is a valid contract for this, between NSL and DVLA. Liam's consent is not required, any more than a burglar must consent to the Police arresting him.

"DVLA award VED enforcement contract to NSL"
https://www.nsl.co.uk/dvla-award-ved-en ... ct-to-nsl/
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

JimUk1 wrote:https://m.facebook.com/groups/193082005 ... i=comments

Brilliant! More comedy gold!
Russ McGarry's eviction, Jan 2015. Wonder why this is suddenly news again? Obviously it's always nice to re-watch a very capable bailiff team at work. (full version at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR6cYkdXFSE)
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

What could possibly go wrong? More to the point, how do people actually become that stupid....

Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
doublelong
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by doublelong »

SteveUK wrote:What could possibly go wrong? More to the point, how do people actually become that stupid....

I would love to be behind her in the checkout queue at Tesco just to see the puzzled looks on the faces of the staff. Now that would be priceless! :haha: :haha:
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

How does Billy no-mates get the required three witnesses for junk documents? Lee doesn't have that problem, as he has powerful friends:
Lee Sanders wrote:Witnessed by: the father, son and Holy Ghost.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

https://m.facebook.com/groups/193082005 ... 0392350144

To stupidity, and beyond!

It's just a normal day with the paralegals.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

You have to put up with people like me and its not fair on you because you don't get paid enough for it.

Somewhere in mid rant referring to a call centre worker. Uncommonly perceptive.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

:brickwall:
Oh my f-ing god.

Where the hell do I start with this?

https://m.facebook.com/groups/193082005 ... 0325776484

He has no knowledge of an agreement between him and his employer....for work!! .....serious WOW!!
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

David Giaramita has mentioned that he might resign from his job to devote himself full-time to the cause. If he gets fired instead, does that win him more benefits?
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

JimUk1 wrote:https://m.facebook.com/groups/193082005 ... 0325776484
He has no knowledge of an agreement between him and his employer....for work!! .....serious WOW!!
Deadbeat Dad wrote:i asked my employer for a copy of my contract..
as i never signed one, and as such, never read it.
i have a copy of it now, it has only one signature on it, the recruitment managers.
If my Signature is not on there, it is therfore not a legally binding contract..
ACAS wrote: - A contract of employment is an agreement between an employer and employee and is the basis of the employment relationship.

- Most employment contracts do not need to be in writing to be legally valid, but it is better if they are.

- A contract 'starts' as soon as an offer of employment is accepted. Starting work proves that you accept the terms and conditions offered by the employer.
http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1577

And of course there is support for his deeply honest, honourable and sincere belief that the tax-payers should be responsible for the maintenance of his children :

doublelong
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by doublelong »

littleFred wrote:David Giaramita has mentioned that he might resign from his job to devote himself full-time to the cause. If he gets fired instead, does that win him more benefits?
I have to wonder if this is to do with the attachment of earnings that was sent to his employer from the CSA. I know he was fighting it with his whoo whoo, informing them if they agreed to any deductions they would be complicit in an illegal act and subject to private prosecution.
MaritalArtist
First Mate
First Mate

Post by MaritalArtist »

littleFred wrote:David Giaramita has mentioned that he might resign from his job to devote himself full-time to the cause. If he gets fired instead, does that win him more benefits?

Doesn't matter either way. JSA will be suspended (usually 6 weeks) whether it's quitting or being fired. The DWP will contact the employer and make a decision. If they decide the sacking was not justified, he will get backdated benefit. If not, he will have to wait out the suspension period. If he applies for Housing and Council Tax benefit, same applies.
That's right, The Mascara Snake, fast and bulbous! Also, a tin teardrop!
MaritalArtist
First Mate
First Mate

Post by MaritalArtist »

[
i have a copy of it now, it has only one signature on it, the recruitment managers.
If my Signature is not on there, it is therfore not a legally binding contract..
If there is no legally binding contract of employment, surely there is no legal obligation for the employer to pay him?
That's right, The Mascara Snake, fast and bulbous! Also, a tin teardrop!
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

It just boggles my mind that if he had a genuine reason to complain it would be because they hadn't paid him.

His complaint seems to be he never worked for a company he admits to working for....Jesus man
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

MaritalArtist wrote:[
If there is no legally binding contract of employment, surely there is no legal obligation for the employer to pay him?

That's what I don't understand! Does Dave not "Get it"?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

What an absolute wally. So much garbage in one post.

Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
morrand

Post by morrand »

SteveUK wrote:What an absolute wally. So much garbage in one post.

In text, for those of us with bad eyesight or small monitors:
4. Collateral: This financing statement covers the following collateral:

All right reserved without prejudice
Agricultural Liens—UCC—9-102 £10,million pounds
Secured party's Right to Take Possession After Default
UCC 9-607-610
The form in use is a legitimate one—not a UCC 1Ad, incidentally, which is the addendum, but a UCC 1 financing statement. Though, obviously, only in places that adhere to the UCC.

The box shown completed is for listing the collateral covered by the UCC 1, not for explaining your guru's theory of choice, nor for listing how much you claim the lien to be for. Might also be helpful, hypothetically speaking, to fill in the boxes for "Debtor" and "Secured Party." I mean, it's bad enough to use an inapplicable form to assert an invalid theory upon an unimpressed creditor. The least he could do is to fill out the form properly.
---
Morrand
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

MaritalArtist wrote:[
IANAL, and I don't live in the UK, but here in the former British colonies, ordinary employment is NOT considered a contract. In most states, such employment is referred to as "at will employment". This means that the employee serves at will and may leave at any time. It is customary, but by no means legally required for an employee to give two weeks notice that he/she is quitting.

Conversely, at will employment also means that the employer may terminate the employment at any time, for almost any reason, or not reason, with no compensation to the employee. The employee may have a legal cause of action if the employment was terminated for a reason prohibited by law, such as race, gender or age.

So, I would not expect his employer to be able to produce a contract between himself and the employer. There probably isn't one, with the possible exception of a collective bargaining agreement (union contract).

Why is he trying to prove that there is no "legally binding contract" between him and his employer?

But, yes, at least here in the US, an employer IS legally required to pay an employee for time worked.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

noblepa wrote:IANAL, and I don't live in the UK, but here in the former British colonies, ordinary employment is NOT considered a contract. In most states, such employment is referred to as "at will employment". This means that the employee serves at will and may leave at any time.

[ . . .]

But, yes, at least here in the US, an employer IS legally required to pay an employee for time worked.
In the United States, the term “contract” has more than one legal meaning, and more than one common, every day meaning.

A contract is, generally, a promise or a set of promises for which the breach of which the law gives a remedy, or the performance of which the law recognizes as a duty. A contract can be oral or written, or some combination thereof.

From a technical legal standpoint, the employment relationship almost invariably involves a contract.

For example, if – as is generally the case – the employer and the employee have an agreement that the employee will be paid for this work and the employer will have the right to control what is to be done and how it is to be done, you have a contract – a legally binding agreement, even if the agreement is oral and even if the employment is “at will.”
Traditionally, the law considered employment to be a matter of private contract between the employer and employee. The law of master and servant developed originally as an offshoot of the law of domestic relations, and master and servant alike were bound by obligations to each other. [ . . .] With the advent of the industrial revolution in the nineteenth century, and the laissez-faire attitude which pervaded that era, the freedom of contract approach expanded. In the United States, the rule was quickly established that the employment relationship was one which pertained between equals: the employee was free to quit to seek alternate employment whenever he wanted, and the employer was free to fire the employee at any time.
--from Mark A. Rothstein, Andria S. Knapp & Lance Liebman, Cases and Materials on Employment Law, p. 2, Foundation Press (1987).

I had Mark Rothstein as my professor for one of my employment law courses in law school.

Sure, we sometimes say that such an employee had no “contract.” That, however, is a figure of speech. What we often mean here is either that the employment contract was “at will”, or that the contract was strictly oral (that there was no written contract).

EDIT: corrected my typo
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

noblepa wrote:IANAL, and I don't live in the UK, but here in the former British colonies, ordinary employment is NOT considered a contract. In most states, such employment is referred to as "at will employment". This means that the employee serves at will and may leave at any time. It is customary, but by no means legally required for an employee to give two weeks notice that he/she is quitting.
IFAIK it is more proscribed in the UK. There are various rules either in law or case law as to what "employment" constitutes and what rules apply. His employer doesn't have to give him a written contract for several months for example. He has a verbal contract and/or implied employment contract along with the rules that go with it.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self