Sovrun Paraleguls

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

SteveUK
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Sovrun Paraleguls

Post by SteveUK »

longdog wrote:How the fuck do people watch three hours of that shit? Off the top of my head I can only think of two films in the three hour range that justified their length... Schindler's List and Das Boot, and this clown is neither Stephen Spielberg nor Wolfgang Peterson.
Simples - it’s because they’re so dedicated to the noble cause of evading their debts bringing honour back to our legal system!
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Does clicking on it and sampling a minute or two here and there count as a 'view'?

I cannot imagine anyone sat through it. I can only imagine for about 3 or 4 minutes that I am watching this man on fire and I am refraining from pissing on him to douse the flames.

You know from the start that it will be a load of complete tosh that is like sandpaper applied directly to the brain, but maybe someone will be willing to make their bones by checking it for any substantive information, like where to send the drone strike.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

They've also managed to raise some cold hard cash from the marks. £1480 which aint bad given the usual FMOTL fund raisers.

https://fundrazr.com/41CTta?ref=ab_3Rn9 ... Rn9XhksOnn

This has apprently been spent on sorting the website and organising some sort of bullshit peddling woo woo tour.

If they have spent it on their new website, they should be asking for their money back:
https://sovereignparalegals.uk/testimonials
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

longdog wrote:
Siegfried Shrink wrote:Just looking that bit up and I hear talk of fringed flags meaning it is an admiralty court. Does the man not know that is something only found in US courts, UK ones have a Crown Crest if anything.

I suspect he is quite incapable of filtering out US related stuff that does not even in freemanland, apply in the UK>
It makes you wonder which courts if any he's been in if any and if he has been in them did he have his eyes closed at the time. Flags in a UK court? REALLY? :shrug:
No flags in Canadian courts either. It's an American thing.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
longdog

Post by longdog »

Burnaby49 wrote:
But they do all have red coated, jodhpur wearing and properly be-hatted Mounties standing guard don't they? :shrug:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

longdog wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:
But they do all have red coated, jodhpur wearing and properly be-hatted Mounties standing guard don't they? :shrug:
I hate to destroy your child-like innocence in our rumoured resplendent court garb but sheriffs on duty in British Columbia courts wear short sleeved tan shirts and black pants. No hats or jodhpurs. No horses in the courtrooms either and they don't celebrate the end of a trial with a musical ride. Pageantry is dead.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

longdog

Post by longdog »

Burnaby49 wrote:
longdog wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:
I hate to destroy your child-like innocence in our rumoured resplendent court garb but sheriffs on duty in British Columbia courts wear short sleeved tan shirts and black pants. No hats or jodhpurs. No horses in the courtrooms either and they don't celebrate the end of a trial with a musical ride. Pageantry is dead.
You might have typed "I hate to destroy your child-like innocence in our rumoured resplendent court garb but sheriffs on duty in British Columbia courts wear short sleeved tan shirts and black pants. No hats or jodhpurs. No horses in the courtrooms either and they don't celebrate the end of a trial with a musical ride. Pageantry is dead." but I'm reading it as "Yes... Yes they do!".
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Yes... Yes they do!

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

longdog wrote:Off the top of my head I can only think of two films in the three hour range that justified their length... Schindler's List and Das Boot
Godfather II. Judgment at Nuremberg. Dr. Zhivago. Malcolm X. The Deer Hunter. Ran. Seven Samurai.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
longdog

Post by longdog »

Burnaby49 wrote:Yes... Yes they do!
longdog

Post by longdog »

wserra wrote:
longdog wrote:Off the top of my head I can only think of two films in the three hour range that justified their length... Schindler's List and Das Boot
Godfather II. Judgment at Nuremberg. Dr. Zhivago. Malcolm X. The Deer Hunter. Ran. Seven Samurai.
Not seen, not seen, not seen, didn't rate it, very good but too long, not seen and a very good point respectively. 8)
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

longdog wrote:
wserra wrote:
Not seen, not seen, not seen, didn't rate it, very good but too long, not seen and a very good point respectively. 8)
2001: A space odyssey & Spartacus.

Both Kubrick films, if you like his films.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Empire by Andy Warhol. Eight hours of riveting excitement;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_(1964_film)

Of couse all great art brings detractors;
The film premiered on Saturday, March 6th, 1965 at the City Hall Cinema, 170 Nassau Street, in Manhattan,[12] the site of Mekas's Film-Makers' Cinematheque at the time. Reporting on the premiere in his Village Voice, column, Mekas did not state how many people were in the 576-seat theater,[13] but claimed that after the film had been running for ten minutes, 30 or 40 people surrounded him and another staff member demanding their money back, "threatening to solve the question of the new vision and the new cinema by breaking chairs on our heads.".[14]
But, if you really want to try films longer (much, much longer) than three hours, give these babies a shot;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_films

SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

We’re also forgetting the award winning ‘Great British Mortgage Swindle’ by M O’Bernica & others .
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

SteveUK wrote:Expert in FA manages a mammoth 3 hour live chat last night, all recorded. He seems a bit defensive , but rambles on for bloody ages.
The intelligence of his guests is clearly dubious, and it features our old friend Helen.
Did she mention the outcome of her own case, perhaps? The court application to steal her neighbour's house?
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
SteveUK wrote:Expert in FA manages a mammoth 3 hour live chat last night, all recorded. He seems a bit defensive , but rambles on for bloody ages.
The intelligence of his guests is clearly dubious, and it features our old friend Helen.
Did she mention the outcome of her own case, perhaps? The court application to steal her neighbour's house?
I’m afraid I only got 15 minutes in, which I regard as a Herculean effort.

The first bit is Steve now charging to create a prom note for you. Apparently you need to be very careful with the wording, so a speech justifying his fee ensued. Then I glazed over and realised i’ll Never get that time back.

I’ll try and flick through it and find Helens but tommorow. I’m pretty sure we know the outcome but it’ll be good to see how they dress it up as a win.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

This effort is a more manageable length. The 'Expert' explains how to address the judge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkgCM7gQkAw

Surely he must know that what he's saying is not just nonsense, but dangerous nonsense. Anyone foolish enough to try deploying this strategy is heading for a fall, whatever the merits of their case. Either he's never actually tried it, or he's tried it and come a cropper. Either way, the level of dishonesty required to encourage others to try it is astonishing.

I ended up wondering whether the 'Expert' is actually a very cruel hoaxer, who, once the camera is off, strokes his cat while cackling wildly at the thought of how he might have managed to sucker the gullible into making fools of themselves at best, or losing money and possibly liberty at worst.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Burnaby49 wrote:
longdog wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:
Darn, I had a vision of every court session ending with a contingent of RCMP officers singing "The Lumberjack Song".
MaritalArtist
First Mate
First Mate

Post by MaritalArtist »

SteveUK wrote:
longdog wrote:How the fuck do people watch three hours of that shit? Off the top of my head I can only think of two films in the three hour range that justified their length... Schindler's List and Das Boot, and this clown is neither Stephen Spielberg nor Wolfgang Peterson.
Cos you can learn more from a 3 hour Youtube video than 4 years of full-time study to become a lawyer :-)
That's right, The Mascara Snake, fast and bulbous! Also, a tin teardrop!
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Your comment;
Darn, I had a vision of every court session ending with a contingent of RCMP officers singing "The Lumberjack Song".
just shows your deplorable ignorance of Canadian court procedures. Court hearings (at least in British Columbia which is still actually policed by the RCMP) end with the playing of an installment of the further adventures of Sgt. Preston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-SMYTu ... zqCC7x3LQV

I have to correct a prior comment. I must have been incorrect when I said that Mounties don't wear their red jackets and striped pants on duty. The publishers of children's books wouldn't lie to the kiddies.