Serious discussion of the topics at hand...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Serious discussion of the topics at hand...

Post by Gregg »

This thread grows out of these comments,
What relevance is this pub-talk to Sovrun Paralegals? None at all.
None whatsoever, but since its still interesting and doing no harm it's fully in the spirit of the long Quatloos tradition of not having real rules as much as guidelines, open to liberal interpretation when it suits us.

Your concern is duly noted, filed in triplicate, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, stuffed into the back of a disused drawer, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered by a Queen's Bench, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.

OK?
In my view, filling threads with off-topic material damages the utility of the forum. Readers who are interested in the topic need to wade past irrelevant stuff. Writers are discouraged from posting useful information when this will get buried in irrelevant stuff.

The problem is peculiar to the UK forum. The USA and Canada forums don't have this problem, which makes them far more readable.

If Quatloos is sufficiently freewheeling that it allows off-topic pub-talk, then I'm sure it also allows my moans about it. (Just as you are free to ignore my moans, obviously.)

OK?
lodged in another discussion, here.....

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11431&start=180
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: Serious discussion of the topics at hand...

Post by Gregg »

And I am the snarky son of a bitch in the second comment, I apologize if anyone thinks its disrespectful, I was just trying to be light and funny.... but I digress.

I totally agree that the UK Forum is much less structured than the Canada and US sections. There is a reason for that. Most of you were not around for the great schism and purge of 2013 or so, until that time all these light comedy routines were confined to a long lost section, a section that eventually descended into some pretty ugly fighting, flaming, and nastiness which led to tow of the three absolute rules of the forum

No Politics
No Religion

(the third is, honest to betsy, No gratuitous pictures of Zooey Deschanel)

A large swath of the forum disappeared and it was restated that the main reason for the forum was to serve as a resource for law enforcement, governments, education and other serious and somber people. At the time a whole lot of the membership was connected to these things, most of us had been here for quite some time and kind of were familiar with each other. So we got down to the serious business of collecting data for people outside the community to use to help combat the scams in the world.

And then, as someone said, along came Tom Crawford and suddenly our posts from the UK went from a few dozen a week to 20 pages of posts and topics and new users (most of whom are not Attorneys, Accountants and other people here as part of their profession) and we decided to create a dedicated forum.
It has from the beginning been less serious than the North American sections. Part of that is the UK membership is not as centered on actually and professionally fighting scams and a bit more along the lines of poking the ignorant, and laughing at them.
For me, a big part of it is my love of Britain and of course how quaint a lot of the entire UK is from an Americans point of view. Another thing both entertaining and maddening about your sov'run nuts is when they get lightly brushed up against and start screaming "Police Brutality", trust me, in the US anyway, we know our police brutality and the UK hasn't seen any good police brutality since Henry VIII. Just about the time Crithy Morith starts going on about unlarful documents is when he'd be getting tased and beaten senseless in Los Angeles, and even that as a white guy. So pardon some of us for not taking your nuts and fruitloops too sternly. Face it, they'd have about a 7 second life expectancy in Detroit.

Anyhow, the point is, there is a lot of history and good reason for the more solemn tone of the US and Canada forums, but that at least springs from the fact that most of the UK users aren't remotely the same as the North American ones, and its not that anyone would be in anyway hostile to them, but most of the UK posters wouldn't fit on a forum that was more like those.

I hope you understand....
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Oh, very important to mention...

The comments above are mine, and mine alone. Although I am a moderator I do not now or ever speak unilaterally for Quatloos. Upper management might not agree at all with me, and certainly shouldn't be liable for my own random comments.

Your mileage may vary, no purchase necessary, offer not valid in The US Marshall Islands, write for complete rules.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Your mileage may vary, no purchase necessary, offer not valid in The US Marshall Islands, write for complete rules.
Professional driver on a closed course. Do not attempt at home.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
bmxninja357
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by bmxninja357 »

Dr. Caligari wrote:
Professional driver on a closed course. Do not attempt at home.

Offer not open to canadian residents
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Penny Wise
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Penny Wise »

I don't see an issue to be honest, providng the comments are light hearted and do not breach the 3 golden rules.

The problem at the moment is that thanks to Tom Crawfraud the UK section here exploded in activity. Now that Tom is yesterday's news and to be honest there is nothing really happening in the UK on the SovCit front (Guy is on the wagon, Tom will never get his house back) Chrisy fell flat on his face, Peter of England has not posted on facebook in 2017 and goodf has gone, there is a lack of UK content to discuss.

Until the next freeman guru comes along it is going to be quiet
Wanna balloon?
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

"In my view, filling threads with off-topic material damages the utility of the forum. Readers who are interested in the topic need to wade past irrelevant stuff".

In the past week or so I have read 500 - 600 pages of posts, that's most of the front page mega threads, and in my opinion the padding and irrelevant bits are like condiments that flavour the broth. There remains plenty to marvel at. I was hoping for some insight into why people go irrational, maybe insights will develop.

Some posters let the side down a bit by confusing their, there and they're and similar solecisms, there is a little too many repetitve 'what an idiot' posts
and I have learned that the blue posts that are so hard to read can be safely skipped as they are usually not much for content, but in general I'd say the mix is pretty serviceable with solid research and citations where available and in general posters are aimiable and witty, the sort you'd be happy to chat with anywhere.

Bit like an old fashioned saloon bar, without the expense for beer. I have not really been to pubs much for 30 years so I have no idea if the old Saloon Bar / Public Bar dichotomy even exists any more, and I maam fairly sure it is just a British thing.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Penny Wise wrote:I don't see an issue to be honest, providng the comments are light hearted and do not breach the 3 golden rules.

The problem at the moment is that thanks to Tom Crawfraud the UK section here exploded in activity. Now that Tom is yesterday's news and to be honest there is nothing really happening in the UK on the SovCit front (Guy is on the wagon, Tom will never get his house back) Chrisy fell flat on his face, Peter of England has not posted on facebook in 2017 and goodf has gone, there is a lack of UK content to discuss.

Until the next freeman guru comes along it is going to be quiet
About the only UK things left are Rehka's ultimate and permanent departure from not her house, and the on going tragi-comedy of the laughable/larful rebellion bunch who are just finding newer and dumber ways to repeat the same old fails.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Gregg wrote:.... And then, as someone said, along came Tom Crawford and suddenly our posts from the UK went from a few dozen a week to 20 pages of posts and topics and new users (most of whom are not Attorneys, Accountants and other people here as part of their profession) and we decided to create a dedicated forum.

It has from the beginning been less serious than the North American sections. Part of that is the UK membership is not as centered on actually and professionally fighting scams and a bit more along the lines of poking the ignorant, and laughing at them....

Anyhow, the point is, there is a lot of history and good reason for the more solemn tone of the US and Canada forums, but that at least springs from the fact that most of the UK users aren't remotely the same as the North American ones, and its not that anyone would be in anyway hostile to them, but most of the UK posters wouldn't fit on a forum that was more like those.
I think this is correct. The US sections of Q tend to be quite focused and professional, albeit with some friendly chat occasionally. There is some admirable sleuthing and reportage there, especially Burnaby's court observations. I can spend hours reading the history of leading US and Canuck Freemen tax dodgers. And there are some US idiot-mocking topics which would slot nicely into here - (eg NESARA Loves Orly! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9162)

But yes, the UK sub-forum is different - a broader view from a more diverse and sometimes raucous membership. Some of that is circumstance - our tax system doesn't provide the same entertainment opportunities, and there has never been a TP movement as such in UK. Some of it is national character, a British tendency towards dark, absurdist humour, and what we call "the bants". We are also perhaps more motivated by scorn towards UK sovcit PLD types, who we see as morally defective parasites.

The UK Q sub-forum is nearer to Fogbow-style, I think (other dual-nationals may not agree) and not any worse for that. I personally don't mind the diversions to beer-talk or daschund adventures, I think they leaven the board with some human irreverence. I chafe under the lash of the no politics rule, but I can easily nip over to the 'Bow for a liberal rant when needed.

Please let's not navel-gaze, it's all fine.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Bit like an old fashioned saloon bar, without the expense for beer. I have not really been to pubs much for 30 years so I have no idea if the old Saloon Bar / Public Bar dichotomy even exists any more, and I maam fairly sure it is just a British thing.
Yes and no. A few, very few, pubs have maintained the traditional saloon bar/public bar setup as a matter of tradition. The best example I've seen is the Lord Alfred in London, an absolutely magnificent Victorian pub with five separate entrances to five entirely unconnected parts of the bar.

https://pubheritage.camra.org.uk/pubs/h ... etail=full

However the old custom of charging different prices for the same beer in different parts of the pub is long gone.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Burnaby49 wrote:However the old custom of charging different prices for the same beer in different parts of the pub is long gone.
How about the old custom of charging obnoxious blowhards more for their beer?
Last edited by Arthur Rubin on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adjust quote levels
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

Arthur Rubin wrote:How about the old custom of charging obnoxious blowhards more for their beer?
"We reserve the right to refuse service"
Peace
Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....