Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

noblepa
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to lose his house

Post by noblepa »

The Observer wrote:
noblepa wrote:In the US, taxes can not be discharged in bankruptcy. Is this true in the UK, or can a bankrupt person avoid owing tax?
Certain taxes under certain rules can be discharged in bankruptcy in the US. What makes you think otherwise?
You are probably right, that some taxes CAN be discharged in bankruptcy. I don't believe that federal income tax can be. I am not a tax expert, so I don't know where the line is drawn.
longdog

Post by longdog »

The Observer wrote:
noblepa wrote:In the US, taxes can not be discharged in bankruptcy. Is this true in the UK, or can a bankrupt person avoid owing tax?
Certain taxes under certain rules can be discharged in bankruptcy in the US. What makes you think otherwise?
As I understand it some outstanding taxes are wiped out through bankruptcy in the UK and some aren't but in Crabbie's case it's probably not relevant.

Those taxes which can be wiped out will only be wiped out if the total value of the bankrupt's estate is insufficient to settle all outstanding debts. Everybody entitled to a share gets their share and the rest of it is written off leaving the bankrupt with the clothes he stands up in but not much else.

Crabbie, as far as we know has a house worth in excess of £100,000 and was made bankrupt for about £40,000 so unless his other creditors are owed more than £60,000 they will all be paid in full by the Official Receiver and that would include the water rates he's boasted about not paying and the council tax for this and all previous years.

The idiot seems to think that if he tells his local council he's bankrupt he won't have to pay but it's not him who makes that decision it's the OR. He hasn't yet fully grasped the amount of power the OR has over his finances because he's playing silly buggers but sooner or later reality is going to hit him over the head like a sledgehammer. He's already had a charge put on his home and he's already been told he either cooperates or he goes to jail. It remains to be seen which he will choose to do but if he thinks he's going to win a battle of wits with the Official Receiver he's exactly as deluded as he seems.

I'd like to see him jailed for contempt and come out of stir to find his bank account frozen, his house up for sale and all of his 'rebellion' lying in the gutter where it belongs.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Don't forget the hefty costs being racked up by the Receiver, that's going to take a chunk out of any remaining equity.

What about interest, can that be applied with bankruptcy (ie 8% County Court interest)?
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

longdog wrote:... his bank account frozen....
Given he is bankrupt it probably already is frozen.
I don't think interest is added. Everything is stopped at the date and time of the bankruptcy order.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

noblepa wrote:I don't believe that federal income tax can be.
No, they can be. As an example, income taxes that have been due at least three years where you had filed the tax return at least two years prior to the bankruptcy and the IRS had assessed the tax at least 240 days before the return, are eligible for discharge in a Ch 7 bankruptcy.

You may be thinking of employment taxes or other types of taxes, which cannot be discharged.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

You may be thinking of employment taxes or other types of taxes, which cannot be discharged.
Income tax, as you've noted, can be discharged only if the returns were filed 2 years before and if the IRS had 8 months to chase you before the bankruptcy filing. Even then, there are exceptions which the IRS can assert and litigate in bankruptcy court (false return, late return, fraudulent transfers, intent to evade tax, etc.). Except for the truly penurious with small tax debts, I have rarely seen anyone get income taxes discharged in bankruptcy without a fight.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Unfortunately Crabby's had a knock-back from the Land Registry (copied from the PLD FB page). But he remains undeterred and cheerful in the face of adversity and is undoubtedly destined to provide us with entertainment for many months to come.

longdog

Post by longdog »

mufc1959 wrote:But he remains undeterred and cheerful in the face of adversity and is undoubtedly destined to provide us with entertainment for many months to come.
I suspect that even for a pigheaded ignoramus like him reality is starting to bite.
Well it seems there's no separation of powers between land registry, official receiver and the non courts
What the fuck is he talking about? The official receiver is in effect an officer of the court and the land registry is acting on the orders of the court. Where does 'separation' come into it?

So that's the council that made him bankrupt, the court that granted the bankruptcy order, the official receiver administering the bankruptcy and the land registry that have all ignored his 'notices' and status as a 'rebel'. Perhaps his soon to be revealed 'common law court' will be more successful.

In the mean time let us reflect once more of PAYG Robinson's guiding words... "we do not wish to focus on the problems as much as the solution" :snicker:
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Ooh look, they even wrote his and his wife's name using upper and lower case. :whistle:
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

i may have to put off selling my house for a while
:lol:

I think the OR will be the one selling it Crabbie, or is there a Rekha scenario in the making ???
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

SteveUK wrote:
i may have to put off selling my house for a while
:lol:

I think the OR will be the one selling it Crabbie, or is there a Rekha scenario in the making ???
Not this time. At the bankruptcy it was him and his mrs on the deeds. LR isn't going to touch a backdated change of owner now they have received the court order for the charge.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

And Crabby's denial of reality cranks up another notch, desperately blocking out what's going to happen.

I wonder how much Mrs Crabby knows about this? Does she she understand that the house will be sold by order of the court and Crabby's half of the proceeds will be used to settle his debts?
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Didn't she just recently upsticks and make her own, separate, housing arrangements? She might be having a laugh at all this herself and even welcome getting the cheque for her half.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I thought it looked like she was supporting him, literally and figuratively, at one point, but then I do remember something about her going elsewhere.

Of course I'm still trying to figure out how he/they are supporting themselves, I got the impression she was working, since he doesn't seem to be employed at all. I can't quite imagine that he just happens to have £40,000 lying around, so I expect he's for it one way or another.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Crabbie feeling the heat
An interesting morning at the non court. I received a summons last week (posted on another post) apparently from the clerk/deputy clerk to the justices, so I emailed the non court last week to ask if it was a real summons, they haven’t replied yet. This morning I decided to visit the non court and ask for a copy. I said I had lost my copy and couldn’t remember the date so can I get a copy. The usher in the office said they can’t give me a copy but they can tell me when I was due in court. After giving my name she said I was not on their system. I told her it was about council tax. She said it has not arrived yet as the councils send them as a block application. I said I thought the summons were sent by the court as they have a signature from the clerk/deputy clerk to the justices. She went a bit quiet for a while and then said I would have to ask the council about it. So there we have it (not that we didn’t know) the councils photocopy/forge signatures to make it look like it came from the court. I’m not even on their system with 19 days to go??
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Why would he even bother contacting a 'noncourt?' If he truly believes that it has no authority or power over him, he is just wasting time and effort.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

I think he will couch his interaction with the non-court, as informational, to find out what the non-courts are doing, and report back, to the gathering masses one or two people left in the PLD group.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

What these numpties fail to grasp is that Local Authorities are a Prosecuting Authority in their own right and can carry out investigations and issue summonses.

Section 222 of the 1972 Local Government act provides (among other things) that, where a local authority considers it expedient for the promotion or protection of the interests of the inhabitants of its area, it may prosecute or defend or appear in any legal proceedings.
longdog

Post by longdog »

AndyPandy wrote:What these numpties fail to grasp is that Local Authorities are a Prosecuting Authority in their own right and can carry out investigations and issue summonses.

Section 222 of the 1972 Local Government act provides (among other things) that, where a local authority considers it expedient for the promotion or protection of the interests of the inhabitants of its area, it may prosecute or defend or appear in any legal proceedings.
What all of these idiots fail to grasp is that they don't have a fucking clue what they are talking about. From that all else follows.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

longdog wrote:What all of these idiots fail to grasp is that they don't have a fucking clue what they are talking about. From that all else follows.
That should be the motto of Quatloos.

Well done, longdog!
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)