Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Siegfried Shrink
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Most will be too young to remember the old punch cards that were occasionally used in the 60s, marked "Do not spindle, mutilate or fold", but they leave me hoping that the Land Registry did find a moment to spindle, mutilate and fold these bogus documents before filing them in the waste paper basket.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I was still maintaining an IBM punched card machine of late 50s vintage into this century and it was only the lack of ink rollers for the print head, departure of the only person who knew how to drive it and my refusal to waste any more days finding a loose wire or a sticky relay that finally killed the bloody thing.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Siegfried Shrink

I hope it went straight to a suitable museum?

But I fear it was probably the scrap yard.
Having done some salvaging in my time, I can affirm that it is quite pleasant to spend time dismantling something that you never have to put together again.

If I had the room, I'd collect such obsolete machinery. As it is I have to be content with old mechanical desk adding machines.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:I hope it went straight to a suitable museum?

But I fear it was probably the scrap yard.
Having done some salvaging in my time, I can affirm that it is quite pleasant to spend time dismantling something that you never have to put together again.

If I had the room, I'd collect such obsolete machinery. As it is I have to be content with old mechanical desk adding machines.
Yup... Scrap yard.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

That is an absolute howl.

I would say they were impressed with our little quail.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
MaritalArtist
First Mate
First Mate

Post by MaritalArtist »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:Most will be too young to remember the old punch cards that were occasionally used in the 60s, marked "Do not spindle, mutilate or fold", but they leave me hoping that the Land Registry did find a moment to spindle, mutilate and fold these bogus documents before filing them in the waste paper basket.
I bet they cut the tag off his mattress too.
That's right, The Mascara Snake, fast and bulbous! Also, a tin teardrop!
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

aesmith wrote:
SteveUK wrote:The judgement has been published here :https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/fadada_6 ... 16bfda.pdf
No wet ink signature, no proper seal. Is there even any evidence the fee was paid? Looks void to me, probably treasonous as well.
You people and your treasonous this and treasonous that. Can't you read? The documents say over and over, once for each property;
In relation to the Statement of Claim presented this day, by Robert White (applicant) , the Court issues the following lawful order.
If our legal expert says it's lawful then it's lawful, ergo, it can't be treasonous. And that statement overrides any trivial deficiencies in the document itself. How can it not be legally binding with those full colour logos on top and issued from a business park in Leith adjacent to the Seafields Crematorium and Waggy Tails dog grooming parlour?

Good enough for me, Crabby's won fair and square. Just as soon as he can get the formalities done at the land registry. Maybe that needs another Common Law Court lawful order.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

longdog wrote:I was still maintaining an IBM punched card machine of late 50s vintage into this century and it was only the lack of ink rollers for the print head, departure of the only person who knew how to drive it and my refusal to waste any more days finding a loose wire or a sticky relay that finally killed the bloody thing.
Now what does that remind me of?

Oh, yes, the need to retain a card reader unit description for feeding in 'alien' (ie non-EBCDIC) data.....

Wardrobe-size disc drives (2.5GB per cabinet across 4 spindles) and 415V 3-phase air-conditioning to cope with their heat output.....

Being rung at 7 am and being told that the temperature (in a machine room not attended overnight) had reached 110 (F) as the air-con had failed & whether the mainframe should be turned off.....

When 32MB of RAM would be enough to run a real-time system for around 200 concurrent users, with an average response time (including network traffic) of 0.4s per transaction.......

Complaints when a remote site's link was moved from a 1200baud modem to a 64kb BT kilostream and Ethernet, as it meant that the input could be done quicker....

Such were the joys of system support in local government. Image
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
longdog

Post by longdog »

The most idiotic thing about the boss's obsession with keeping the punched card machine was that we were the only people in the country who could actually produce punched aperture cards as if that were an excuse to perpetuate a system that should've had a Do Not Resuscitate sign on it years ago.

It was my argument that we only had one client who still wanted them and the part of their system that could read the punches had not functioned for as long as I'd been looking after their reader-printer which was at least five years. The only reason they wanted their cards punched was because they'd always done it that way. In the end of course they were quite happy to have regular, un-punched cards and took that as an excuse to export the existing database to a machine that wasn't built by Babbage and consign what remained of the old system hardware to the scrapheap of history as well as the literal one.

Ironically if they'd held on for another 15 years and if I hadn't left the industry entirely (Well... Microfilm left me really... It became more and more irrelevant once scanners and CD writers became an easier 'DIY' option) I could've replaced the guts of so much obsolete electro-mechanical hardware with a few Raspberry Pi's, an interface board, some relays and a few lines of Python code.
Siegfried Shrink

Wakeman52 wrote:
Wardrobe-size disc drives (2.5GB per cabinet across 4 spindles) and 415V 3-phase air-conditioning to cope with their heat output.....
There was one of those in the lower ground floor machine room at Bridge House North
in Putney, we were all impressed by its mass and speed, mainly because we wanted to see just how far it could go if somehow the disc unit came free and it took off southwards. Much pub table calculation regarding mass and momentum, the problem was how much would the building's wall slow it down, and how would it cope with the Thames.
PS it spun vertically, not horizontally.
Siegfried Shrink

PPS

for a comparison see the WWII grand Panjandrum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cyBcGDzQzI
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

I have a punch card. As odd as it is i have all the paperwork for my house(a1984 nissan motorhome) from the day it was imported into canada. This includes the original punch card with Japanese writing. However i have never found it useful for anything but coolness.

Peace
Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

Somewhere or other I still have spools of yards of punched paper tape from when I did an A level in computing in 1980.

Not the most reliable back-up media as I recall. Especially as the tape readers on the teletypes tended to chew the stuff up giving you one and only one chance to get it successfully read....
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

SteveUK wrote: The judgement has been published here :https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/fadada_6 ... 16bfda.pdf
And what a load of meaningless, useless, pointless twaddle it is. Besides it being a single page of word salad repeated again and again with different “case numbers” at the bottom, the learned Common Law Court appears unaware that no part of Ireland has never been a part of the political entity Great Britain. Which is why the country is called “The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland”.

Can these people get nothing right?

Seems not.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

the learned Common Law Court appears unaware that no part of Ireland has never been a part of the political entity Great Britain
Double negative?
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Those documents had at least some worth. They provided the addresses of the various properties he's lost or is about to lose. so I checked them all out on Google street view. A mixed bag. Mostly in Southampton. Mostly flats. Some just above being dumps but some quite new and attractive.

It would help a lot in making the documents at least appear legitimate if he could spell. This is the address he gave for one property;

(Lis Pendens – 42 Alexanber Court, Park Road, Southampton, SO15 3AE)

Crabbie; how can we accord you any respect at all if you can't even correctly record the address of a property you say you own?

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Wakeman52 wrote:
longdog wrote:I was still maintaining an IBM punched card machine of late 50s vintage into this century and it was only the lack of ink rollers for the print head, departure of the only person who knew how to drive it and my refusal to waste any more days finding a loose wire or a sticky relay that finally killed the bloody thing.
Now what does that remind me of?

Oh, yes, the need to retain a card reader unit description for feeding in 'alien' (ie non-EBCDIC) data.....

Being rung at 7 am and being told that the temperature (in a machine room not attended overnight) had reached 110 (F) as the air-con had failed & whether the mainframe should be turned off.....

When 32MB of RAM would be enough to run a real-time system for around 200 concurrent users, with an average response time (including network traffic) of 0.4s per transaction.......

Complaints when a remote site's link was moved from a 1200baud modem to a 64kb BT kilostream and Ethernet, as it meant that the input could be done quicker....

Such were the joys of system support in local government. Image
When I met my wife, she was a keypunch operator. After we married, I was transferred to San Diego and she got a job at the company where I worked.

While she was there, the company switched from using punched cards to eight-inch floppy disks to record data.

If any of you remember keypunches, they had something called a "drum card", in which you punched certain codes that told the machine that, for example, a certain field was to be numeric, or alpha, or the be skipped over. This saved the operator the trouble of hitting the numeric key or the shift key, etc.

On the key-disk machine, the drum card was replaced by a program disk that did, essentially the same thing.

It was common for operators to have several such cards, for different jobs. It was also very common to store them by using magnets to stick them to the side of the machine.

Well, after the company switched to key-disk machines, one of the machines started acting up and mis-entering data. The IBM service rep was called, and after about two hours taking the machine apart and testing everything he could think of, and finding nothing wrong, he asked the operator for her program disk.

You guessed, it, she reached around to the side of the machine, removed the magnet and handed the disk to him.

Have you ever seen an IBM engineer cry?
Siegfried Shrink

Burnaby49 wrote:
the learned Common Law Court appears unaware that no part of Ireland has never been a part of the political entity Great Britain
Double negative?
Justifiable, I think. It could have been said that all parts of Ireland had at some time been part of Great Britain, but that is hardly more concise. To qualify as a double negative, the negative needs to apply to the same subject, and one negative applied to regions of Ireland, and the other negaive related to the history of the country.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Well, frankly, I couldn't make any sense out of the comment. So, does;
Actually mean;
the learned Common Law Court appears unaware that no part of all of Ireland has, never in the past, been a part of the political entity Great Britain.

longdog

Post by longdog »

Great Britain is the large island of the British archipelago consisting of the political entities of England , Scotland and Wales and does not include any part if the island of Ireland.

Great Britain is a geographical term where the 'great' just means 'large'. The name of the state is 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland' and before Irish independence '... of Great Britain and Ireland' so no... No part of Ireland has ever been a part of Great Britain.