Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Siegfried Shrink
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

But with really bad roads....
Not entirely true. From a few places to a few other places they can be good.
What they usually are is crowded. Out in the country the minor roads are much less busy, but they are laid out according to where fields and hedges were a few hundred years ago, so apart from a few roads built originally by the Romans straight roads are rare so most of what traffic there is travels at the pace of the slowest.
I have driven in the US and Europe, on major and minor roads and the main impression was 'Where is everybody?'

(parked in the towns, as it turns out)
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: I have driven in the US and Europe, on major and minor roads and the main impression was 'Where is everybody?'

(parked in the towns, as it turns out)
You've clearly never seen Interstate 10 in Houston at rush hour. Everybody is on I-10.
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Out in the country the minor roads are much less busy, but they are laid out according to where fields and hedges were a few hundred years ago, so apart from a few roads built originally by the Romans straight roads are rare so most of what traffic there is travels at the pace of the slowest.
Having driven very extensively on English back roads I can say with some authority that travel is generally very slow due to the frequent blockage by slow moving farm equipment. I've spent a lot of time at fifteen miles an hour or so behind tractors. Wife and I were once over an hour late for lunch with some relatives because we chose back roads and it was tractors all the way.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Burnaby49 wrote:
Having driven very extensively on English back roads I can say with some authority that travel is generally very slow due to the frequent blockage by slow moving farm equipment. I've spent a lot of time at fifteen miles an hour or so behind tractors. Wife and I were once over an hour late for lunch with some relatives because we chose back roads and it was tractors all the way.
Please do not forget the sheep, cattle and the occsional pack of foxhounds exercising.
The miles of minor roads that are one vehicle wide and flanked by stone walls, hedges, and are often many feet below ground level due to hundreds of years of erosion.

Somehow we manage. The main problem for the FOTLers may be the cost of public transport, since car ownership often leaves them in 'I do not consent' trouble.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Don't forget whoever it was asking the court to delay proceedings because his bus pass wasn't valid until 09:30.
longdog

Post by longdog »

aesmith wrote:Don't forget whoever it was asking the court to delay proceedings because his bus pass wasn't valid until 09:30.
That was Creepy Charlie from Doncaster. I think he's attending.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

aesmith wrote:Don't forget whoever it was asking the court to delay proceedings because his bus pass wasn't valid until 09:30.
Ah, that makes him over 60 by a little way and probably a pensioner. Quite possibly a baby boomer with no appreciation of the sacrifices made in the past for the free speech environment (relatively anyway, as some of their rhetoric has curtailed our freedom a bit) we enjoy.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

That's him, and it was a similar binge back in June last year.. asking people to turn up at the court in order to .. well not sure what they expected to achieve ..
Charles Spencer wrote:I am on bus now from Doncaster to Sheffield, if they try holding the case before my arrival, ask them to wait until I arrive there.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

aesmith wrote:That's him, and it was a similar binge back in June last year.. asking people to turn up at the court in order to .. well not sure what they expected to achieve ..
Charles Spencer wrote:I am on bus now from Doncaster to Sheffield, if they try holding the case before my arrival, ask them to wait until I arrive there.

Seen on a bumper sticker

This Court Pauses for Transient Plods on the Bus and on the Way
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Further entertaining adventures from Robert "They'll have to kill me" White's saga of them not being able to do anything if you don't pay your taxes...

Bankruptcy update. Here are some recent emails from a good friend who is acting as my letting agent for 8 properties I own. They were originally mortgaged but I have now got rid of the lenders. I was allegedly declared bankrupt on 4th July last year for a sum of around £42k. I could have paid it off by selling a property or 2 and still had enough to see my life out. But I don’t give in that easy I’ll fight it all the way. As I said to the so called trustee, the only way you’ll beat me is by killing me.

From: Richard Blackman <richard.blackman@landwoodgroup.com>
Sent: 29 January 2018 12:40
To <letting agent>
Subject: Robert White (In Bankruptcy) - without prejudice

Good morning

I act for the Trustee in Bankruptcy of the above, David Perkins.

I understand that you or your representative are (and have been for some time) collecting rent from tenants of Mr White's properties (which are assets of the Bankruptcy and vest in the Trustee).

Would you please prepare full accounts of income and expenditure and advise us by return of monies held (which should be substantial) to the order of the Trustee and it is he and only he who are entitled to income derived from these properties.

Please kindly reply by return?

Regards

Richard C Blackman
Director - Landwood Group
Chartered Surveyors, Asset Managers, Auctioneers

Reply from letting agent.

On 29 Jan 2018, at 21:08, <letting agent> wrote:
Dear Mr Blackman,

Thank you for your email.

We are the nominated managing agents for and instructed by Mr Robert White.

We have not been notified of any changes to our instructions and as such continue to manage the properties as per our contract with Mr White.

We have been made aware of numerous visits to our tenants by you or your representatives. These visits have caused a certain amount of disruption and unsettlement to our tenants.

I understand that in one property, somebody instructed that the gas be turned off without any notification of why and when it would be turned back on again. We have had to go back and rectify this situation at a cost to our client.

I would like to stress that our tenants have tenancy agreements in place and as per these agreements have the right to quiet enjoyment of their homes.

I would kindly request that you refrain from interfering with these tenancies and refer your queries directly to Mr White who I can only presume you have the contact details for.

Your Sincerely,

Letting Agent

Fw: Robert White (In Bankruptcy) - without prejudice
Mon, Jan 29, 2018 11:02 pm
Letting Agent
To Bob.com
Hi Bob.
Please see below for my response to Richard and his subsequent (and somewhat threatening) reply to me.
Kind Regards,
Joe

Sent: 29 January 2018 22:52
To: Letting Agent
Cc: damon.watt@emwllp.com
Subject: Re: Robert White (In Bankruptcy) - without prejudice

Many thanks for your contact...

Mr Robert White is unable to give you instructions as he is Bankrupt and his properties vest in the Trustee.

I will ask the Trustee’s Solicitor, Damon Watt, copied, to explain to you the legal position and your duties in more formal (and more robust) terms.

Regards

Richard Blackman - Director
Landwood Group
I fear Bob's 'good friend' Letting Agent Joe is going to find the forthcoming 'robust' letter from the solicitors a damn sight more threatening than that email and we'll see which he finds the more important. Defending his 'good friend' Bob or avoiding civil penalties, personal financial liability and possible criminal charges and a jail sentence... Who can say? :snicker:
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Thanks for posting this, quite a startling and in all likelihood ill-advised response from a letting agent (if that’s genuine).

Quite apart from tweaking the tail of a Trustee who could stomp down quite hard on folk like Joe the letting agent, all that these antics are doing is racking up bills. Crabby says the original debt was £42k. Now that over and above the trustees fees, m’learned friends are involved at £100 a letter £200 a phone call etc etc he is well on his way to doubling this. I can’t help hearing the kids telly theme;

Bankrupt Bob
Bankrupt Bob
Bankrupt Bob and his runaway gob

Early in the morning
Just as reality is dawning
He waves goodbye to 80 fuckin’ grand

He says he’s playing a game and enjoying himself but methinks any Trustee worth their salt will always have the last laugh.

I just don’t get it, I really don’t.
longdog

Post by longdog »

exiledscouser wrote:Thanks for posting this, quite a startling and in all likelihood ill-advised response from a letting agent (if that’s genuine).

Quite apart from tweaking the tail of a Trustee who could stomp down quite hard on folk like Joe the letting agent, all that these antics are doing is racking up bills. Crabby says the original debt was £42k. Now that over and above the trustees fees, m’learned friends are involved at £100 a letter £200 a phone call etc etc he is well on his way to doubling this. I can’t help hearing the kids telly theme;

Bankrupt Bob
Bankrupt Bob

Early in the morning

He says he’s playing a game and enjoying himself but methinks any Trustee worth their salt will always have the last laugh.

Lets do some back-of-a-fag-packet maths... He has eight properties and lets assume they have been providing him with an after-cost income of £250 per month each which is pretty much the least that would be worth bothering with. That's £2000 per month. Now the trustee could look at selling some of the properties which are probably mortgaged (I'm taking his comment that he's "got rid of the lenders" to mean he's stopped paying the mortgages rather than paid them off) so there's an uncertain amount of equity and selling a property with a sitting tenant is a bit of a pain. So the trustee might say... "I might as well just sit on these properties until the debt's paid off and best of all I get paid handsomely every month for doing bugger all". In five years time... Two years for the original debt and three years for costs... Bobbity gets the properties back.

I think we're soon going to see another side to Robert White when his income stream from the rentals comes to an abrupt end. The end to his cockiness will probably be equally abrupt but will he stop fucking about? Who knows. To be honest I'm surprised the trustees have allowed this situation to go on so long.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

longdog wrote:I fear Bob's 'good friend' Letting Agent Joe is going to find the forthcoming 'robust' letter from the solicitors a damn sight more threatening than that email and we'll see which he finds the more important. Defending his 'good friend' Bob or avoiding civil penalties, personal financial liability and possible criminal charges and a jail sentence... Who can say? :snicker:
Not my field, but this seems a risky step for the letting agent. Presumably the same principles apply as with Elisabeth Nolson's "We Buy Any Debt" scam, and liability cannot be evaded. So if the letting agent collects rent which is rightfully under the control of the Trustee but chooses instead to give that money to Crabby, this will not satisfy the letting agent's enforceable debt to the Trustee.

And thus the Trustee can sue the Letting Agent for the rent which should have been surrendered, obtain a third party debt order to seize the owed sums from the Letting Agent's bank, or other orders against his assets, send Bailiffs in etc. The letting agent will be in trouble with his regulator and insurers, and a CCJ won't help his business to thrive. (Best of all, all of the legal costs will be paid from Crabby's estate)

And of course the Trustee can repeat this on the tenants, instructing each of them to pay rent directly to the Trustee. If they continue to give money to the Letting Agent or to Crabby, this will not satisfy the tenant's enforceable debt to the Trustee.

Good to see some teeth starting to bite on this.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I see it the same way. If the letting agent gathers in the rent and pays it to Robert White after being served with proper notice by the trustee he would be liable to make up the sums to the rightful recipient... The trustee. I'm sure the solicitor will make that perfectly clear to him not to mention various possible criminal offences he would be committing... Fraud, contempt of court, obstructing an officer of the court... What else is there?

If he fails to cooperate he's as big a fool as his now former client.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

I think if the letting agent was properly notified, he could be in line for criminal charges.
King Lud
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by King Lud »

It doesn't sound like this guy is an actual letting agent but rather just a crony of White's. Not sure if that makes it easier or harder for the Receiver.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

King Lud wrote:It doesn't sound like this guy is an actual letting agent but rather just a crony of White's. Not sure if that makes it easier or harder for the Receiver.
That's what I assumed.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

longdog wrote:
exiledscouser wrote:Thanks for posting this, quite a startling and in all likelihood ill-advised response from a letting agent (if that’s genuine).

Bankrupt Bob
Bankrupt Bob

Early in the morning

Lets do some back-of-a-fag-packet maths... He has eight properties and lets assume they have been providing him with an after-cost income of £250 per month each which is pretty much the least that would be worth bothering with. That's £2000 per month. Now the trustee could look at selling some of the properties which are probably mortgaged (I'm taking his comment that he's "got rid of the lenders" to mean he's stopped paying the mortgages rather than paid them off) so there's an uncertain amount of equity and selling a property with a sitting tenant is a bit of a pain. So the trustee might say... "I might as well just sit on these properties until the debt's paid off and best of all I get paid handsomely every month for doing bugger all". In five years time... Two years for the original debt and three years for costs... Bobbity gets the properties back.

I think we're soon going to see another side to Robert White when his income stream from the rentals comes to an abrupt end. The end to his cockiness will probably be equally abrupt but will he stop fucking about? Who knows. To be honest I'm surprised the trustees have allowed this situation to go on so long.
If, as has been speculated, he simply stopped paying the mortgages, his income would substantially more than £250 per month per property. The tenants may have been paying £1,000 or more per month. Now that he isn't paying his mortgages, he could be pocketing that entire amount.
longdog

Post by longdog »

noblepa wrote:If, as has been speculated, he simply stopped paying the mortgages, his income would substantially more than £250 per month per property. The tenants may have been paying £1,000 or more per month. Now that he isn't paying his mortgages, he could be pocketing that entire amount.
That's a very good point.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Question: If another bankrupt, but sane, person were in a similar situation and was cooperating with the trustee and the court, would the trustee normally collect the rent from the tenants and continue to pay the mortgages, with the rest going into some sort of escrow fund to pay off the debtor's other obligations? After all, the lenders are entitled to their money, and the loan is secured by the properties.

Another question: If crabby is, in fact, collecting the entire rent amount from the tenants, not paying the mortgages, and attempting to hide the money from the trustee, can he be subject to criminal charges, in addition to the obvious civil charges?