Ken Thompson - Film-maker to the SovCits

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Chaos
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Ken Thompson - Film-maker to the SovCits

Post by Chaos »

Burnaby49 wrote:
grixit wrote:Why so much hate for comic sans? Personally i like it. Not as much as i like arial, but it's not bad.
Simple. I want clarity in fonts. I do a lot of reading and I want the easiest font to comprehend without having to work at reading it. I don't want the font to get between me and the words. The ideal font should be essentially invisible, clear, no embellishments (I'm looking at you Times New Roman), one you don't even notice. The words are important, not the symbols representing them. Arial fits all of these criteria, Comic Sans fails them all except embellishment (it's also san serif). It's a goofy font that disrupts reading and is too casual for anything but a kids birthday party invitation along with some clipart balloons. I was once given a professional paper done in Comic Sans and I didn't bother to try and read it. The author obviously had no judgment. As Wikipedia says;
The Boston Phoenix reported on disgruntlement over the widespread use of the font, especially its incongruous use for writing on serious subjects, with the complaints urged on by a campaign started by two Indianapolis graphic designers, Dave and Holly Combs, via their website "Ban Comic Sans".[21] The movement was conceived in 1999 by the two designers after an employer insisted that one of them use Comic Sans in a children's museum exhibit,[4] and in early 2009, the movement was "stronger now than ever".[4] The web site's main argument is that a typeface should match the tone of its text and that the irreverence of Comic Sans is often at odds with a serious message, such as a "do not enter" sign.[22]

In the 2005 session of the youth model parliament in Ontario, the New Democratic Party included the clause "Ban the font known as Comic Sans" in an omnibus ban bill.[23]

Comic book artist Dave Gibbons, whose work was one of the inspirations for the font, said that it was "a shame they couldn't have used just the original font, because [Comic Sans] is a real mess. I think it's a particularly ugly letter form."[24]

Film producer and New York Times essayist Errol Morris wrote in an August 2012 posting, "The conscious awareness of Comic Sans promotes — at least among some people — contempt and summary dismissal." With the help of a professor, he conducted an online experiment and found that Comic Sans, in comparison with five other fonts (Baskerville, Helvetica, Georgia, Trebuchet MS, and Computer Modern), makes readers slightly less likely to believe that a statement they are reading is true.[25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_sans#Opposition

you might just need new beer goggles
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Nearsighted in one eye, farsighted in the other, astigmatism in both and cataracts. Beer fuzziness is just the icing on the cake.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Haha, Ken Thompson got a mention on the Nine Lives Media Facebook page where Producer Cat Lewis is being slated by loads of annoyed viewers of her "Battling the Bailiffs" film...
Sue says: "Yes congrats Cat Lewis on presiding over a one-sided, biased platform for attention-seeking BNP thug Chrisy Morris who only "helps" people when he has a TV camera pointing at him. He is currently making a film with failed "Film-maker to the SovCits", Ken Thompson of Ya I No Productions Ltd, a bogus company which was compulsarily struck off last month. Morris helped no one in Nine Lives Media's amateur documentary' Battling the Bailiffs', in fact NLM really only aided and abetted the participants such as Rekha Patel who was arrested last month the same day she was evicted. She probably wouldn't be in this position had she not been encouraged by Chrisy Morris and NLM in your misguided joint venture. Ever heard of balanced reporting, Cat Lewis? What about throwing a lawyer's viewpoint in the mix, or maybe an interview with a retired police officer or bailiff? At best this was lazy reporting - at worst a propaganda video nasty.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I will say one thing weakly in Chrisy's defense. I don't think his being there in any way shape or form aided or abetted Wrecka, she would have done what she did whether he was there or not. He may have provided her with a little very after the fact publicity, but her eviction was largely an unnoticed and uncared about local event otherwise.

Or to put it another way, he rather reminds me of tits on a boar hog, a possible curiosity, but otherwise totally useless.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Come on you lot, own up! Who is "Skeptical Inquirer" questioning Ken Thompson's 'Trusts' on his FB page?
Skeptical Inquirer wrote:
Before anybody takes this nonsense seriously, you should know Rekha Patel has been evicted, arrested, and her house is now boarded up and to be sold by the government which seized it due to her debt. The only thing "setting up a trust" with this man will get you is giving him money for nothing.
4 August at 08:22

Skeptical Inquirer Also, writing "legal notice" in big red letters does not actually make something a legal document. It is not. It has no more legal effect than a superman costume makes you able to fly.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Oh dear, Ken Thompson has been telling Rekha Patel and her friends not to stand up for the Chair, Caroline Turner at Stockport Magistrates stating : "Don't stand up, it gives them power over us". Stick it to the man Ken! https://www.facebook.com/GlossopChronic ... =3&theater
longdog

Post by longdog »

So it was the usual "If we disrupt the hearing the case will go away" legal theory was it?

Tomorrow's hearing is going almost certainly going to be knee deep in cops and security and any repeat performance is likely to see prison sentences for contempt being handed down like sweeties. :snicker:

None of these cretins seem to realise that if you're up before the beak and quite clearly as guilty as hell your best defence against a harsh sentence is contrition or a reasonable impersonation of it at any rate. This sort of shit just tells the court you are A) Guilty, B) Unrepentant, C) Likely to repeat the offence and D) Unlikely to comply with any non-custodial sentence.

There's nothing quite like denying the power of a court when it comes to making the court assert its power.

Roll on tomorrow :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Just when I was getting down hearted, the old courtroom disruption pops up again.
Don't they know that's just so 2014, my dear.

I am sure this is the only time in my life I will ever say "I am keen to see next week's
Glossup Chronicle!" (Strapline 'Local News for Local People')
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:I am sure this is the only time in my life I will ever say "I am keen to see next week's
Glossup Chronicle!" (Strapline 'Local News for Local People')
So apt when Hadfield (Royston Vasey) is just down the road and part of the Glossop area.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

On Monday 14th August, 12.39pm in Stockport, Ken Thompson wrote:
Yet another judge bites the dust
I wonder if he really thinks Rekha Patel's case was a win? We'll see tomorrow, round 2. https://www.facebook.com/YA-I-NO-Produc ... ?pnref=lhc
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

He Who Knows wrote:On Monday 14th August, 12.39pm in Stockport, Ken Thompson wrote:
Yet another judge bites the dust
I wonder if he really thinks Rekha Patel's case was a win? We'll see tomorrow, round 2. https://www.facebook.com/YA-I-NO-Produc ... ?pnref=lhc
If he shows up, chances are they will skip it, after their big victory today. I am sure they are out celebrating

I think we need to add, Deft Legal Advisor, to Ken's CV, as his performance in court was so spectacular :)
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

Barry Evans turns up again on Ken Thompson's Facebook page:
You my friend are an idiot
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
Penny Wise
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Penny Wise »

This appears to be Kenny's cutting edge* trailer for the upcoming Chrisy Morris show

https://www.facebook.com/chrisy.morris. ... 917826267/

*No expense spared
Wanna balloon?
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Pahahahaha! :haha: :haha:
That's the worst trailer I've ever seen! Even Chrisy's mates think it's a bag o shite:
Chazwold Aston Underhill-Tyrell wrote: it looks shit...and looks like it was made during the 80s
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Oh dear, Jake and Barry have been a bit brutal on Ken's Facebook page:
Barry Evans: You my friend are an idiot

https://glossopchronicle.co.uk/.../courtroom-chaos-as.../
Courtroom chaos as Simmondley house saga rumbles on
A magistrates court descended into chaos earlier this…
glossopchronicle.co.uk
· 17 August at 16:11

Jake Abbott: Hi Ken. They really don't like your '80s promo film on Chrisy Morris's FB page. Chrisy's mate Brian Reece said: "My first thought was it was done by someone who hasn't much experience in doing this kind of thing (no disrespect intended). It really does...See more

Jake Abbott: Chazwold Aston Underhill-Tyrell, another of Chrisy's mates was a bit less generous and said: " it looks shit...and looks like it was made during the 80s" Chazwold has done an HND like you Ken but seems he was paying more attention in class.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Seems Ken Thompson's other role as a court representative failed as much as his film-making career when he got thrown out of Stockport Magistrates on 18th August -
SteveUk wrote: Wrecker speaks!
"A brief update, last time I wrote my family member had just had an operation and is recovering well. I have protected them from this ridiculous and outrageous situation, hence at the moment I have no fixed abode and have relied on the generosity of my friends xx I am moving all the time. Last time I wrote my home was advertised on rightmove, it is no longer on rightmove as I told the estate agent to go to land registry and look up who owns the property, I also told them the solicitors Plexus Law Limited that act on behalf of my neighbour on their last financial record available on companies House, it indicated £2 was all that they had in the bank, I explained that this I believe was to avoid any judicial consequences hence they are immune from being sued. By the end of that week they had removed the advert which was also in their top right hand corner of their shop window. I also attended court monday the 14th August, my representative asked for the magistrates name, they refused, the court clerk refused to give her name as did the woman from CPS, the reception told us that they were told not to give us any of their names....the glossop chronicle who have failed to name [the neighbour] wrote an outrageous article where a young girl second day on the job came to observe and her notes were turned into something quite extraordinary, it was not a true account. Friday our rep was thrown out as soon the judge entered and he was told he is not allowed to represent us, we walked out with him. Our rep was told that by the Ministry Of Justice (MOJ) that magistrates court have nothing to do with them and he must go to the ombudsman...which ombudsman is the question??? a guess would be the financial ombudsman as they are purely administrative, to us everyday folk its just a commercial court, nothing to do with the judiciary. I know its sounds crazy but these are the FACTS. These people are not accountable at all, its an absolute disgrace. The bullying tactics that are used on the general public is outrageous and its beyond comprehension unless you experience it. Love as always :Rekhaben xx "
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

https://www.facebook.com/ken.thompson.52831

Our hero's 'qualifications' include an HND from the University of Leeds! :-) Really. Gives him all the background he needs to act as Rekha Patel's legal representative. Image
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

HND?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
longdog

Post by longdog »

JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

So it's like in the US when a high school student takes AP (Advance Placement) courses? That's pretty meaningless if you don't finish college.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4