Ken Thompson - Film-maker to the SovCits

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Ken Thompson - Film-maker to the SovCits

Post by longdog »

My greyhound could do a more convincing forgery than that.

Here's a tip or two for all amateur 'shoppers like Ken... If you are going to edit documents scan at a minimum of 600dpi and blow up the image as large as possible before adding the fake text (if you can't see the grain in the paper you're probably not using a high enough resolution). Use an identical font and don't forget to match the contrast to the original. Also remember 'gausian blur' is your friend and before you add text carefully align the original with the guidelines because even a slight misalignment is obvious... Your original is about 0.1 degrees clockwise off horizontal compared to the added text.

There has been no charge for this advice.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

longdog wrote:My greyhound could do a more convincing forgery than that.

Here's a tip or two for all amateur 'shoppers like Ken... If you are going to edit documents scan at a minimum of 600dpi and blow up the image as large as possible before adding the fake text (if you can't see the grain in the paper you're probably not using a high enough resolution). Use an identical font and don't forget to match the contrast to the original. Also remember 'gausian blur' is your friend and before you add text carefully align the original with the guidelines because even a slight misalignment is obvious... Your original is about 0.1 degrees clockwise off horizontal compared to the added text.

There has been no charge for this advice.

A fellow greyhound owner! I'm sure my pack could've done a better forgery than Ken. It'd be covered in piss, but I imagine they would've got the font right at least.

:mrgreen:
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
longdog

Post by longdog »

SteveUK wrote:A fellow greyhound owner!
One greyhound, one smooth saluki and a pair of whippets. I picked Ozzy the greyhound as an example of a canine with superior Photoshopping skills deliberately because he's a wonderful, friendly and affectionate dog but with the best will in the world he's not very bright. And he'd still do better :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I think this forgery settles the earlier debate as to the value of an HND in art.
There is no debate. The issue was settled by his bailiff video.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

All three celebrating their recent HND in art.
They do not consent ;-)

Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

He Who Knows wrote:Well spotted on the forgery front. I've magnified the car reg number and it read KN05 XYD. And guess what? MOT ran out 11th February! So we now know he drives an unroadworthy and uninsured vehicle :lol: https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ViewVehicle
Bit of a legal technicality type thing, but then that's what we do. It doesn't follow that if the MOT has run out that the car isn't roadworthy or uninsured. A few insurers have taken to putting it in the small print that you are not covered if you run around without an MOT but I believe it is currently a minority. Equally, unroadworthiness(?) would be determined at the time the car was inspected by the Police or others. Of course, you are now at greater risk of getting stopped as Police ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition for the colonials) will flag up the lack of MOT.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

longdog wrote: Use an identical font
Especially when the font you have to match is freaking Times New Roman, one of the most common fonts in the world.

I honestly can't believe how inept this guy is. He has no concept of style, design, color, how to use basic tools, or what an aspect ratio is. And he doesn't seem to care.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

TheNewSaint wrote:. And he doesn't seem to care.
Why should he, when his perceived audience is as stupid and unquestioning as he is himself !
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

AndyPandy wrote:
Why should he, when his perceived audience is as stupid and unquestioning as he is himself !
That's the shocking thing. Surely some of them see the tampering, but remain silent...

"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
morrand

Post by morrand »

TheNewSaint wrote:
longdog wrote: Use an identical font
Especially when the font you have to match is freaking Times New Roman, one of the most common fonts in the world.
In fairness, to my eye, it looks like he did match the typeface, or at least he came near enough. He failed to size or weight (bold) the font correctly, which is an even sillier error, but credit where due.

What I don't get is, if you wanted to make it look like some insurer had bought your line of crapola, and had insured you and not your [echo]LEGAL FICTION[/echo], you could just type the whole thing up from scratch. Seems like it'd be less work in the end, and it would be cleaner, except...
TheNewSaint wrote:I suspect that [the mangled address] is intentional. FMOTLs like to state their address in oblique ways, for fear that saying the official name of their city/county/district/whatever puts them under jurisdiction. I note also that Ken omits the postal code, which is another version of this belief.
I saw this in the Cherron Phillips case a while back. She gave her address at least once as:
Cherron M. Phillips
c/o P.O. Box 802625
Chicago Illinois [60680]
I haven't seen a form of the "c/o" gimmick show up here on the UK board yet, but the postal code in brackets—good, solid, square-shouldered 'Murican brackets, I mean, since it's a 'Murican folly—shows up a lot in sovcit filings in the US. It generally means that the sovcit is not consenting to the jurisdiction of the United States government, in the form of its Postal Service and its oppressive ZIP codes. Or something like that. God knows what the excuse is in the UK, where dual sovereignty is not a thing.

But do you suppose that making these edits look plainly fake is strategic? I mean, if the insurance company capitulates and styles you in lowercase letters, that's got to be a lot less satisfying than "correcting" the big, powerful insurance company's "mistake of law". Far less satisfying, in fact, if it means the insurance certificate accordingly winds up in the dead letter office, but, still.
---
Morrand
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

He Who Knows wrote:
Well spotted on the forgery front. I've magnified the car reg number and it read KN05 XYD. And guess what? MOT ran out 11th February! So we now know he drives an unroadworthy and uninsured vehicle :lol: https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ViewVehicle

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Bit of a legal technicality type thing, but then that's what we do. It doesn't follow that if the MOT has run out that the car isn't roadworthy or uninsured. A few insurers have taken to putting it in the small print that you are not covered if you run around without an MOT but I believe it is currently a minority. Equally, unroadworthiness(?) would be determined at the time the car was inspected by the Police or others. Of course, you are now at greater risk of getting stopped as Police ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition for the colonials) will flag up the lack of MOT.
My friend got done in ASDA carpark by a couple of officers who'd ANPR'd him. Turns out he he'd forgotten to MOT his car and consequently had null and void insurance. They took his car to a compound and he had to pay a shed load to get it released. Of course the insurers wouldn't re-insure him so he had to find another company who would. That cost him even more as he was deemed 'high risk'. Moral of the story Ken - get your car MOT'd espcially as your on-line MOT history shows you had nearly bald tyres 18 months ago!!
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

morrand wrote: In fairness, to my eye, it looks like he did match the typeface, or at least he came near enough. He failed to size or weight (bold) the font correctly, which is an even sillier error, but credit where due.
You're probably right. But the end result is so obviously wrong that I can't really give him any kudos for that.
you could just type the whole thing up from scratch.
But that would take, like, an hour, man. Laziness is a major factor in sovcit behavior.
TheNewSaint wrote: I haven't seen a form of the "c/o" gimmick show up here on the UK board yet
David Ward used "off the Warrington burg" in his baronial former address. Like many sov theories, this one has a lot of variations, and I wouldn't be surprised to see UK-specific ones develop.
But do you suppose that making these edits look plainly fake is strategic?
Everything this guy produces is incompetent. Witness his video promo for Chrisy, the "trust" paperwork for Rekha, his websites, and all his unfinished video projects. If appearing inept is some kind of strategy, Ken Thompson is running one hell of a long con. :D
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

According to MIB KN05XYD is not currently insured.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

Footloose52 wrote:According to MIB KN05XYD is not currently insured.
Well, my last look at FB a few days ago revealed that he'd checked in at several places across the North of England, including a service station on the M62. Clocking up more than a few miles. If he has bald tyres, no MOT and no insurance, then, if he's picked up by ANPR, confiscation of the vehicle might be the least of his problems.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

AndyPandy wrote:
I've never encountered a filmmaker who was incompetent at making films. It's a fun vocation, and not many get to do it for a living. So those who do are passionate about it, put in their study, and this shows in their work. Even people who know little more than to point a camera and press "record" have some natural sense that is apparent.

Ken Thompson's videos look like they were made by someone who hates his job. And didn't pay attention to a single day of any training on the subject. Even though all his projects (at least the ones in his website) are topics he chose.

He should want to make Chrisy Morris look good. Or at least feel some obligation to do a good job, if this is a business venture. That half-assed, mailed-in promo was dreadful. Look at the photo of Chrisy. He's supposed to be the hero of the story. But he's photographed at a bizarre upwards angle that distorts his already-distorted features, all the color is washed out, and his expression is that of a mug shot. Also, shouldn't a movie have moving pictures in it? If Chrisy paid for that dreck, he should demand his money back.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Footloose52 wrote: According to MIB KN05XYD is not currently insured.
How strange. Ken's Ageas certificate says he was insured for 3 months up to 6th Sept 2017. We know he travelled from nr Hull to Stockport Mags. on Monday 14th and Friday 18th Aug and that he stopped at a service station on the M62. So why has his insurance been terminated early? Maybe Ageas are reading Quatloos!!
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

He Who Knows wrote:
How strange. Ken's Ageas certificate says he was insured for 3 months up to 6th Sept 2017. We know he travelled from nr Hull to Stockport Mags. on Monday 14th and Friday 18th Aug and that he stopped at a service station on the M62. So why has his insurance been terminated early? Maybe Ageas are reading Quatloos!!
Probably been watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw-NURJefG8
This guys thread got locked after being hijacked by Tuco, maybe he should get a new one as he's still churning this crap out.
Flup
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Flup »

He Who Knows wrote:
Footloose52 wrote: According to MIB KN05XYD is not currently insured.
The usual reason is that someone will take out a policy and arrange to pay by monthly instalments but subsequently stop paying. They have the certificate which appears to show validity, but in the meantime the insurers have cancelled the policy. Of course the police are wise to this and, if they stop a car that doesn't appear on MID but are then presented with a certificate of insurance, a quick call to the insurers establishes the true position.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

All of this discussion about his car insurance begs another question.

What is Ken living on?

He surely has no income from film-making (unless Chrissy actually paid him) :-) & no other obvious profession. He must be, for example, putting fuel in his car, but by sponging?
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Wakeman52 wrote:What is Ken living on?
I suspect some combination of public assistance, mooching, and raising money for projects he never finishes.