Ken Thompson - Film-maker to the SovCits

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Ken Thompson - Film-maker to the SovCits

Post by Burnaby49 »

grixit wrote:So it's like in the US when a high school student takes AP (Advance Placement) courses? That's pretty meaningless if you don't finish college.
It's so meaningless that we don't even have an equivalent here in Canada. Go to university or don't go. We don't have a useless degree that shows you started but didn't finish.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
SteveUK
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by SteveUK »

Burnaby49 wrote:
grixit wrote:So it's like in the US when a high school student takes AP (Advance Placement) courses? That's pretty meaningless if you don't finish college.
It's so meaningless that we don't even have an equivalent here in Canada. Go to university or don't go. We don't have a useless degree that shows you started but didn't finish.

Are you doubting the usefulness of Ken's Art HND? Just look at his designs - sublime !
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

SteveUK wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:

Are you doubting the usefulness of Ken's Art HND? Just look at his designs - sublime !
Don't try and bullshit me. I watched his recent Bailiff Resistance video.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Christ - you actually sat through that garbage?
longdog

Post by longdog »

Not at all. An HND is a widely respected higher vocational qualification for people who have no need for a degree. My brother for instance has an HND in electrical engineering and is a very well paid electrician, converting to a degree would achieve nothing.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
longdog

Post by longdog »

Burnaby49 wrote:
Quite the opposite. An HND proves you have finished college... Repeatedly.

If memory serves the order of achievement is Ordinary National Cerificate, Higher National Certificate, Ordinary National Diploma and Higher National Diploma. Being vocational qualifications they are usually studied part time and each one can take years of study to achieve.

An HND is most definitely not a failed degree. It's an entirely separate qualification of roughly similar academic status as a bachelor degree and a damned sight more use to a 'tradesman'. For a job that requires practical skill an HND will trump a degree almost every time. You can get a degree in electrical engineering and still not know how to wire a plug.

As for Ken's HND in art... Pull the other one. From what I've seen of his work he's either lying or forgotten everything.
Last edited by longdog on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

As far as I recall, HNDs are NOT awarded by UK universities at all. As longdog says, this is not to devalue the HND as a valuable qualification. The equivalent is a DipHE (Diploma of Higher Education), given after completing, typically, 2 years of a 3 year undergraduate degree course. At university.

Conversely, an HND will allow skipping of those 2 years, should you want a degree.

The point is, Ken's HND might well have been studied for in Leeds, but not by being at the University. Just one more piece of BS in a CV already overloaded with it.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Wakeman52 wrote:As far as I recall, HNDs are NOT awarded by UK universities at all.
They might be but usually they are awarded by local colleges as far as I know.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Well, if his writing, thinking, critical decision, and video skills are anything to go by, he got roundly and soundly cheated on that piece of paper.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

Burnaby49, I think an HND would be more equivalent to our (or at least Ontario's) Community College certificates, or a trade school Certificate of Qualification (C of Q).
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Philistine wrote:Burnaby49, I think an HND would be more equivalent to our (or at least Ontario's) Community College certificates, or a trade school Certificate of Qualification (C of Q).
I stand corrected by our British posters. Both of the certificates you noted are valid useful designations, particularly the trade school certificate.

He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Don't know why anyone believes Ken's got an HND anyway after all the lies he tells. It's probably an NVQ level 1 in photography if he has any qualification at all.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

When you consider that Ken has claimed he is a baron why would anyone believe anything he says?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

First rule of thumb, ANYTHING ANYTHING ANYTHING a sovcit/fotl says claims, particularly about a qualification/source/law is almost certainly A LIE intentional or based on ignorance. The blind pig rule still applies but the likelihood of the former is still the greater.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

I think I just brought up the question of his 'qualification' as it seemed a non-sequitur. UK universities also mislike false claims being made about their award processes.

I take the point that the whole lot, from both his FB pages, his CV, the appalling web-site for the dissolved YA I NO' company and his lurid 'legal notices', is a fabrication.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
Penny Wise
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Penny Wise »

Ken Thompson
3 July ·

NOTE the name on my car insurance
"baron ken of the thompson family."
all lower case don't let get classed
as LEGAL FICTION

You can see that he changed this himself. The font is wrong and the words are not in line with the rest of the document. If you use the broken line as reference, you can see that his photoshop skills are on par with his bailiff promo skills

It is the same font and print as the xxxx, he used to hide his registration number. epic fail
Wanna balloon?
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Even the address looks wrong:

Same font used as the bad attempt at forgery in the Policy holder box below
No capital on the 'R' of riding
England has a full stop, you either use a full stop at the end of every line or usually not at all.

Not only a poor forger but grammatically challenged as well !
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Well spotted on the forgery front. I've magnified the car reg number and it read KN05 XYD. And guess what? MOT ran out 11th February! So we now know he drives an unroadworthy and uninsured vehicle :lol: https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ViewVehicle
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Penny Wise wrote:
Ken Thompson
3 July ·

NOTE the name on my car insurance
"baron ken of the thompson family."
all lower case don't let get classed
as LEGAL FICTION

You can see that he changed this himself. The font is wrong and the words are not in line with the rest of the document. If you use the broken line as reference, you can see that his photoshop skills are on par with his bailiff promo skills

It is the same font and print as the xxxx, he used to hide his registration number. epic fail

I think this forgery settles the earlier debate as to the value of an HND in art.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

AndyPandy wrote:Even the address looks wrong:

Same font used as the bad attempt at forgery in the Policy holder box below
No capital on the 'R' of riding
England has a full stop, you either use a full stop at the end of every line or usually not at all.

Not only a poor forger but grammatically challenged as well !
I suspect that is intentional. FMOTLs like to state their address in oblique ways, for fear that saying the official name of their city/county/district/whatever puts them under jurisdiction. I note also that Ken omits the postal code, which is another version of this belief.