Ken Thompson - Film-maker to the SovCits

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Ken Thompson - Film-maker to the SovCits

Post by TheHallouminati »

Watch out Burnaby and other Canadians, Ken is in Canada!!
Ken Thompson is in Airdrie, Alberta.
2 July at 10:00 ·

Happy Canada day to all my friends across the pond.

Comments

Sylvia Dingle
Sylvia Dingle Why didn’t you say you was going to Canada, when you was on the phone to me this morning. ??
I could have dusted down my passport, ironed my bikini. Then we could have flown out and been in togetherness. Xxx

Enjoy !
TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by TheNewSaint »

Airdrie is the site of one of his abandoned projects. We should alert the locals, they may want to get their pitchforks out.
TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

Ken still pretending he's a journalist
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

From our reporter over at Council tax is unlawful, K otf T is not happy with the CLC.
David Powell offers a rare common sense observation too & isn't banned for his dissent.

JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

“Curupt”.

When you can not even spell check.....
TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

When Ken mentions those he's working with having "lost their homes, their lives in fact everything" he of course means his bessie mate Princess Rekha Patel who is still sofa surfing (probably on his couch), unable to get a proper job until she rids herself of the pesky 5-year restraining order... No wonder he's so annoyed with the most unhelpful Clown Court -it's probably costing him half his JSA keeping her in printer ink and paper :beatinghorse:
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

TheHallouminati wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:51 pm it's probably costing him half his JSA keeping her in printer ink and paper :beatinghorse:
UC. Please update your insults :wink:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

UC hasn't been rolled out everywhere
AnOwlCalledSage

TheHallouminati wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:55 am UC hasn't been rolled out everywhere
It has been fully rolled out as of December 2018 (my sister is a DWP fraud investigator and myself a relatively recent claimant :wink: ). There is a transistion period for existing JSA claimers and this is currently active, however, I very much doubt that Ken is on JSA. I have him down as an incapacity benefit seeker. :snooty:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

The thing I love about Quatloos is that even speculative insults get fact-checked! So refreshing in this Fake News world.
I'm happy to be proven wrong but Ken will not have been a new claimant since December 2018 as nothing in his circumstances has changed (other than his decline in judgement). It's just as likely that being long term unemployed, he hasn't yet migrated over from JSA to UC.
Other than checking with his local job centre, I don't know how this can be verified - assuming anyone even cares. Clearly not enough going on in the freetard world for this pedantry to continue... I too plead guilty!
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Keep in mind that we non-brits have no idea what JSA and UC mean apart from the fact that they must relate to some government benefits.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
AnOwlCalledSage

JSA - Job Seekers Allowance
UC - Universal Credit

As a former claimant, I'm actually a big fan of the principle of Universal Credit. The shame is it was done as a non-cost neutral change. The actuality is a complete cluster f***. My sister has to bear the brunt.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

I'm waiting for a phone call so I decided to peruse some Quatloosian threads that I normally skip over so I've been reading up on this local boy. Local in the sense that Airdrie is sort of the half hour away closest major shopping town to me.
TheNewSaint wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:56 pm Airdrie is the site of one of his abandoned projects. We should alert the locals, they may want to get their pitchforks out.
I realize that this is a reply to a fairly old post but the local constabulary I am sure are waiting with anticipation any time they hear he is back in town. A project from his website:
https://www.yainoproductions.com/is-the ... cumentary/
BTW, since the picture is of a local cop enforcing our horribly complex speed limits on our main drag, maybe that's it. Hint you have to come to almost a dead stop to read the sign detailing the rules as you enter the speed zone - it's a whole paragraph.
So why is he so mad at the RCMP in my little village (population 823)?
Maybe this is the reason:
https://www.airdrietoday.com/local-news ... ng-1406742
“If he has a shoulder injury, you think he would cooperate,” said Nan. “(Firmston) wouldn’t have had to sit on him if he hadn’t aggravated him to the point of it being necessary to restrain someone.”
:shrug:

Some background: In Alberta it's up to the individual local council whether or not to permit electronic recording of meetings. Thompson, who lived in Airdrie at the time, used to record local council meetings in the hope that he could sell footage to "real" media sources. He drove out here, local council told him where to go, and things went from there. BTW, if Thompson had any modicum of journalism training he would have known the rules for that local council for electronic recording or could have just asked permission before hand.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I'm still a bit at sea. What's a Universal Credit?
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Someone from the UK could probably answer the question better but from what I can tell it's an attempt to do a mind meld of what in Canada would be EI, welfare, and disability. Certainly interesting in theory...
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41487126
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Credit
AnOwlCalledSage

Burnaby49 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:27 am I'm still a bit at sea. What's a Universal Credit?
To keep it simple, for most people it's unemployment benefit.

It wraps up what were separate income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, and Income Support; Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit; and Housing Benefit into a single system and also subsidises employment in low pay and part time jobs. For example, I was still getting it whilst I worked in an Amazon warehouse.
TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

Great bit of research, Eric, on our Ken's antics in Airdrie. Seems like Ken employs the same 'filming' tactics on both sides of the pond.
The local newspaper said:
Thompson, an Airdrie-based freelance videographer who has worked more than 30 years as a journalist including with the BBC in England, said he intended to film the meeting to sell to local media outlets.
I would stake my house on the fact that he's never worked for the BBC. They have rigorous standards - one of which is that you must be literate.
TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

My profuse apologies. Ken is actually 67 so is on a State Pension therefore claiming neither UC nor JSA !!
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 9/officers
I promise to fact-check my insults in future (although I haven't yet fact-checked the BBC claim :shock: )
AnOwlCalledSage

TheHallouminati wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:20 am I would stake my house on the fact that he's never worked for the BBC.
There is a possibility you could be houseless! The BBC is a big organisation and has employed a lot of people over the years. Even I have "worked for them".

He's clearly using "worked for the BBC" in an attempt to bolster his "journalist" credentials. However, even if it was in a journalistic role, it means nothing without citations. John Pilger worked at the BBC but he's also a batshit crazy conspiraloon.
TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

Yes but John Pilger can spell. I won't give up my house on the basis of mere speculation - give me facts.