Sov-Cit Victory Currencies defined, Quatloos Code

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Re: Sov-Cit Victory Currencies defined, Quatloos Code

Post by arayder »

The Observer wrote:I'd say they suffer from over-confidence. They have done things that I would simply be too scared to try myself, knowing in a million years I'd never pull it off. They, on the other hand, don't seem to worry about the consequences, and even when they are suffering consequences from their idiotic decisions, only see their current predicament as temporary. Since they now have the ebil gubmint right where they want them, their new cunning plan will save the day.
Sounds something like the Dunning-Kruger Syndrome.
TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by TheNewSaint »

Another required trait, I think, is being single.

Having a family, especially young children, makes you a lot more averse to pissing away your life savings trying to make a point. Being in a relationship also means decisions are shared; it's a lot harder to get two people down the rabbit hole than one.

In cases where the FMOTL was part of a family, the husband tended to dictate things. Tom Crawford, Sean David Morton, and Robert 'Crab Bait' White come to mind.

Or, the relationship suffers. Financial problems are a major source of stress in any relationship. That's usually what drives people to freedman theories, which make their financial problems worse. Unwillingness to compromise is another major reason that relationships fail; it's practically a required trait of freedmen.

Being a FMOTL is almost antithetical to being good at human relationships. They require opposite traits. So FMOTLs tend to be anti-social types. We can see this in the online groups they form. They have no real empathy for each other (witness Burnaby's comment about no one showing up to other people's court dates), nothing in common beyond ideology, and fall out over petty things.

There's no one term to describe it all, but i think there is a profile to be found here.
longdog

Post by longdog »

TheNewSaint wrote:There's no one term to describe it all...
What's wrong with the word 'wanker'? :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

TheNewSaint wrote:Another required trait, I think, is being single.
There are too many examples of sovrun/FOTL/tax protesters who were married and had families that would negate your claim of being single as a required trait. They may end up being single at the end of their trek, but having a family has never stopped these idiots from pursuing their dream. Certainly, the more extremist of sovrun/FOTL/TPs tend to be single. but that is probably more due to them lacking the social skills and maturity to attract the opposite sex.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Ok, "required" was a bad choice of words on my part. But i think failure at relationships in general is part of the profile.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

That I can agree with.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

It seems David Robinson himself has the answer to "What's wrong with these SovCits?"
David Robinson wrote: It is insanity to deny evidential facts, but because of all the toxins in our environment it seems to me that people are becoming more insane than enlightened.,...ego's keep people from truth
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
Penny Wise
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Penny Wise »

Given recent events is a Rekha soon to be worth more than a Crawford ?
Wanna balloon?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Penny Wise wrote:Given recent events is a Rekha soon to be worth more than a Crawford ?
Yes, no one gave consideration to the possible effects of inflationary cycles.

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Penny Wise wrote:Given recent events is a Rekha soon to be worth more than a Crawford ?
Obviously. Tom never had an arrest warrant issued for him. Rheka's breaking new ground in losing her home, going broke, and possibly losing her job and ending up in jail.

I have to constantly keep in mind that this was all over some roof tiles.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Yes, a true innovator that one is. At this rate she is going to innovate herself in to a real penal term on top of being homeless, broke, and unemployed/able.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.