Meet the Dragons

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Siegfried Shrink
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Meet the Dragons

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

letissier14 wrote: Michelle Reid has been slated on there numerous times in the past for her fmotl stance.
This may well be part of the joke. Sometimes being oblique is something clever people do to avoid being bored. I may go and have a look, I can 'borrow' a password. :-)
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Michelle Reid

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

With nostrils like that, Michelle does actually look at bit like a dragon. No offence. :mrgreen:
Hope you enjoyed brousing on FOTL Fails, Siegfried, and witnessed for yourself that the dragons truly don't do irony, double entendres, parody or anything remotely clever. They are the most aggressive and nastiest bunch of FoTLs ever to emerge in FoTledom. :Axe:
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

I was torn between parody, and a really bad sense of humor and sarcasm, although perhaps she is blissfully unaware of the subconscious parody side of herself, a real Jeckle and Hyde. On the other hand, perhaps she is a true performance artist, who emerses themselves in the subject to really get a better mastery of it all, and is either faking it, or has fallen in to it, and is subconsciously broadcasting messages of distress.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Siegfried Shrink

I have considered posing as various kinds of loony, just for fun, and I am sure I am not alone. Channeling a bit of woo and seeing just how subversive I could be without blowing my cover would be an alternative to crossword puzzles.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: I have considered posing as various kinds of loony, just for fun,
So YOU'RE Michelle Reid, Siegfried!
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
Siegfried Shrink

No, I am just a bit too lazy to do anything consistently. We do seem to have the West Midlands in common, though. Assuming neither of us are lying.:-)

Could someone post a link to the FB page I should be looking at, please?
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Don't upset the Dragons because they do and will "Sue" you :haha:

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

What a total and complete prat.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

letissier14 wrote:Don't upset the Dragons because they do and will "Sue" you :haha:
I hope they don't "Rita" and "Bob" them too!
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

exiledscouser wrote:
letissier14 wrote:Don't upset the Dragons because they do and will "Sue" you :haha:
I hope they don't "Rita" and "Bob" them too!
:haha: One of the best films ever !! :haha:
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

So Moore promotes his vision of 'Little England' from a site hosted in South Africa; check the redirection of Motiv8 radio's UK URL.

https://www.motiv8.digitalmarketinghub.co.za

I wonder if he's even aware of the irony...
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Wakeman52 wrote: I wonder if he's even aware of the irony...
Also, the site calls itself the #1 internet radio station, and all the show descriptions are "Lorem ipsum dolor" placeholder text :snicker:
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

TheNewSaint wrote:
Wakeman52 wrote: I wonder if he's even aware of the irony...
Also, the site calls itself the #1 internet radio station, and all the show descriptions are "Lorem ipsum dolor" placeholder text :snicker:
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

You have 8 days to object to any application

Dear Deidre

Thank you for contacting the Electoral Commission.

I can confirm the Commission has received an application to register a political party under the name “England, Take Back Control”. You can view details of all current applications under consideration on our website here: https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/ ... plications

That web page also includes a form (at the bottom of the page) that you or anyone else may use to comment on an application. Comments are taken into consideration when we make decisions on whether to register a party name, description or emblem.

The decision on whether this application will be registered will be made in due course and the decision will be published on our website.

You may also be interested in our guidance for political parties on receiving donations, which is available on our website https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/ ... ons-rp.pdf
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

letissier14 wrote: That web page also includes a form (at the bottom of the page) that you or anyone else may use to comment on an application. Comments are taken into consideration when we make decisions on whether to register a party name, description or emblem.
Just curious, what are the chances the logo they are using was actually made, and copyrighted by someone else.
While a simple white Dragon on a black flag is not unique, that dragon has a lot of detail, someone must have spent time on it. Granted, my knowledge of historical flags is lacking, and this could be public domain.

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

NYGman wrote:
letissier14 wrote: That web page also includes a form (at the bottom of the page) that you or anyone else may use to comment on an application. Comments are taken into consideration when we make decisions on whether to register a party name, description or emblem.
Just curious, what are the chances the logo they are using was actually made, and copyrighted by someone else.
While a simple white Dragon on a black flag is not unique, that dragon has a lot of detail, someone must have spent time on it. Granted, my knowledge of historical flags is lacking, and this could be public domain.
What like this

NYGman

Post by NYGman »

So does this particular dragon belong to the dark knight armoury, or have they just embellished a public domain flag. Does the elections commission do a copyright search on their emblemen? Would love for the owner (if there is one) to sue them for its unapproved use without compensation... Maybe just wishful thinking

Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

Would love for the owner (if there is one) to sue them for its unapproved use without compensation... Maybe just wishful thinking
Certainly looks as if the design may belong to Dark Knight

http://www.darkknightarmoury.com/p-2451 ... anner.aspx

You could dob the Dragons in here if so minded.
http://www.darkknightarmoury.com/t-contact.aspx
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

NYGman wrote:

No, like this:

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/B ... areer/2021

They shopped it to white though.