Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

D-C
Scalawag
Scalawag

Re: Melanie Shaw gets dubious help from Troofers

Post by D-C »

Report into the court case
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/wes ... s-15287342
…a jury of seven women and five men spent less than an hour reaching the verdict that she committed three counts of arson being reckless as to whether property was damaged or destroyed.
jonathan01n
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by jonathan01n »

I want to ask, how the fitness to plead things work. If someone in court being asked “do you understand?” And says no , and after explaining the person still persist “they don’t understand the charges” then what do the court do? What is the difference of ignorance of law differ from don’t understand the trial process? Sorry for this q :?:
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Happened frequently with my Poriskyite tax evaders. They seemed to think if they just babbled on about how they didn't understand the charges they'd have to be let off. The judge just entered not guilty pleas on their behalf.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by longdog »

I think the bar for not understanding the charges is set at about the same height as being so mentally impaired as to be considered not responsible for your actions. This pretty much implies that the person would be detained under some section or other of The Mental Health Act and the court would then just make a 'findings of fact' judgement.

Going for that sort of 'get out clause' would be a very dangerous road to go down not least because the mental health professionals consulted by the court are unlikely to be fooled and the court is not going to look very favourably on the person trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the court.... And then there's always a risk that you could be believed and talking yourself into a stay in a secure unit which would last longer than the potential sentence... Think One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

As Burnaby says. The most likely situation if the accused just pretends not to understand the charges when they clearly have no mental impediment (other than stupidity) is a not-guilty plea being entered on their behalf. If they persevere with the 'me no comprendi' during the trial that's their own funeral.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Tevildo
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Tevildo »

longdog wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:27 pm I think the bar for not understanding the charges is set at about the same height as being so mentally impaired as to be considered not responsible for your actions. This pretty much implies that the person would be detained under some section or other of The Mental Health Act and the court would then just make a 'findings of fact' judgement.
Depending on how dangerous the accused is, the available dispositions are an absolute discharge (which is still a finding that the accused did the act), a guardianship order under Section 37, or a restriction order under Section 41. See this document for the official details.

The first question of the common-law test in R v Prichard (1836) 7 C&P 303 was - "Does the prisoner stand mute of malice or of the visitatation of God?" I think that in most of the cases we're concerned with, this question isn't difficult to answer. :)

Deliberate refusal to plead results in a plea of "Not Guilty" being entered.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Tevildo wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:18 pm Deliberate refusal to plead results in a plea of "Not Guilty" being entered.
Ah, for the days of the old common law "Peine forte et dure". :cry:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

This article will set the cat amongst the pigeons. How long until the first Freetard appears?
correction - 2nd freetard as one has just popped up now.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/not ... aw-2381898
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
longdog

Post by longdog »

SteveUK wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:29 pm This article will set the cat amongst the pigeons. How long until the first Freetard appears?
correction - 2nd freetard as one has just popped up now.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/not ... aw-2381898
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................ Don't point out the arson charges... You'll ruin the whole thing.

She is an whistle-blower and an protector of children. The fire-buggery charges are just part of the conspiracy... A part you're not supposed to mention.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Sounds more like a dangerous nut case to me, on top of being a generally unpleasant individual.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

notorial dissent wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:24 pm Sounds more like a dangerous nut case to me, on top of being a generally unpleasant individual.
Melanie clearly has mental health issues. However, she has on previous occasions repudiated the FOTLer nutters who have been flocking to her cause. There is hope for her with the proper help.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

I guess ND whether you take the view that an abusive childhood is a get out of jail free for criminal acts committed later in life.

Melanie sets fire to things. Quite a bit. There will come a time when this will result in injury or death. She shows no sign of renouncing a career as an arsonist (there’s too much “arson about” in my opinion ha ha) and it will be hard to be an apologist for Melanie if tragedy strikes. By the sound of things the plods took her accusations seriously as you’d expect them to in the post-Savile environment but they and the CPS found nothing to take further.

That feeds into and supports conspiracy nut cases as evidence that things have been suppressed which in turn feeds into Melanie’s mental health and round and round we go.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I would say from the information given that she had a pretty genuinely awful childhood and upbringing, but be that as it may it doesn't excuse ANY of her behavior. I think she is in definite need of some serious mental health work, and which she equally obviously hasn't gotten. I don't know if she is a danger to herself, but she is definitely a danger to those around her.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
jonathan01n
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by jonathan01n »

This is a bit OTT for Quatloos comments, thank you. We might well take the piss out of some people but we don't go wishing them dead. This has been referred to the moderators.

ArthurWankspittle
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

notorial dissent wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:04 pm I would say from the information given that she had a pretty genuinely awful childhood and upbringing, but be that as it may it doesn't excuse ANY of her behavior...
No, but to a degree it does explain and mitigate her behaviour. We know that mentally-Ill people can believe and act upon irrational, false beliefs. They need care and protection, to stop them causing harm while in that state of mind. I think Melanie Shaw should be in a secure hospital rather than a prison, but women's prisons in UK generally have very good health and welfare provision (vastly better than anything provided to male prisoners).

With the right treatment and support, she could probably recover a fulfilling and safe life in the community. But this is gravely threatened by the mob of FMOTLs and weirdos who are reinforcing her delusions. Those pathetic, nasty fools are going to destroy her chance of future happiness, because she's a convenient pawn for their own obsessions.

I cannot imagine anything more harmful than telling her that there is a governmental conspiracy to silence her, because the evil Jewish freemasons are abusing all the children, and the prison/medical staff are trying to poison her, and everything she has said or believed is true, and she will fail the children if she ever stops, etc.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

I am reporting this post for removal. I think it's in poor taste, and does not reflect the values of the Q community.
Being referred see above.
ArthurWankspittle
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

Melanie Shaw is clearly a disturbed individual worthy of sympathy. Her upbringing and experiences have no doubt contributed to her present state including her perception that no one has really listened to her except the rabble rousers of the lunatic (select the persuasion of your choice) fringe. However what cannot be overlooked is her propensity for arson. Arson poses a special threat where a relatively small act can have consequences well beyond its original scope. Maybe this is a little close to home in Nottingham where a prime example was last year’s Station fire.

Whilst any tendency whatsoever to resort to arson exists then the individual must be considered a grave threat to the public at large and it may prove extremely difficult to sanction their release. However, I do agree with a previous poster that the most appropriate place for Melanie is probably in a secure hospital.

TheRambler
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Melanie has finally won something !!!1!!! A free holiday to Rampton Secure hospital.

Seems she won her prize for dirty protests and racial abuse,alongside the usual setting fire to things.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/not ... er-2711679
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
longdog

Post by longdog »

I see the nutters who are still refusing to even admit the arson are now claiming that she is being held incommunicado at Rampton as the hospital staff are not allowing letters from them.

Obviously this is proof that TPTB are silencing her 'whistle-blowing' which would bring down 'the system' and nothing at all to do with cutting her off from the ghouls who have reinforced her delusions and would hinder her recovery.

Hopefully she'll now get the treatment she needs and be kept well away from her 'supporters' who have exploited her for their own egotistical ends.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

longdog wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:17 pm I see the nutters who are still refusing to even admit the arson are now claiming that she is being held incommunicado at Rampton as the hospital staff are not allowing letters from them.

Obviously this is proof that TPTB are silencing her 'whistle-blowing' which would bring down 'the system' and nothing at all to do with cutting her off from the ghouls who have reinforced her delusions and would hinder her recovery.

Hopefully she'll now get the treatment she needs and be kept well away from her 'supporters' who have exploited her for their own egotistical ends.
It might also be an attempt to limit her access to kindling. Just saying.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.