Facebook Group - We Buy Any Debt

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Tevildo
Pirate
Pirate

Re: Facebook Group - We Buy Any Debt

Post by Tevildo »

notorial dissent wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:19 am Yes, but if he commits the same fraud in both jurisdictions?
In general (emphasis added), where more than one court can have jurisdiction, the court first seised of the claim will deal with the case, and the other court should stay its proceedings. Lis alibi pendens is the technical term. However, deciding which court has jurisdiction is not a trivial matter, and may form a substantial part of the overall dispute (and the associated legal costs).
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:00 am Impeccable logic, and I was thinking that too. However, I do now think it's a case of you get a choice of fine or prison. I've found it hard to pin down a page explaining Greek law, but I did find a case of a British man convicted in his absence who faced either a 3,500 fine or 15 months in prison, so it does appear that you get a choice.
This would be what PG Wodehouse referred to as "with the option". What his beloved upper class twits feared most was having a judge send them up "without the option".
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

And what has happened to our Greek tragedy?
Matthew Raywood 10 grand was raised but she needed 21 to release her. Nothing has been heard since?
Fear not. We have news of our heroine for good people do not need law to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.
Tim Wilson Leasa is still in Greek jail, we are still trying to raise the 21k, she has not contracted with her name and so is in limbo until another party lifts the lien off of her debt name which she is now the retired creditor of... if she doesn't contract, they can't tap her credit file to pay for prison, so may well turn to her advantage.. but if the Trust as represented by us all, can buy the debt, then they will have to free her.
The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits so is there any hope of salvation?
Philip Bush This requires money then to pay them off. Any news on the sale of the catering van, that looked like it would bring some money in?
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy. The oracle therefore has a question for the metoikoi...
Barbara Anne Roberts Elizabeth has helped free so many from debt and given them access to their trust fund. So why isn't this being covered by the beneficiaries? (Just need to understand)
We shall leave Plato with the last words: "She who steals a little steals with the same wish as she who steals much, but with less power."
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I think someone should point out that the 'beneficiaries" are, to a man, flat broke, even the ones that weren't when they started out to get free.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

First off the top I question the
Elizabeth has helped free so many from debt and given them access to their trust fund.
bit, which I think is pure fantasy on their part. It sounds to me like she has finally conned herself in to a real jail sentence. Last I heard Greek jurisprudence wasn't quite as friendly as other countries. A lot of bad choices there I think. Her followers are as broke and dumb as she is so I don't think she is going to be out any time soon.

The comments from her followers is not at all comforting for either her or their futures.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I'm betting what they've raised so far has been transferred to the "living expenses in Greece" fund and bailing her out has been back burnered.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent

Say it ain't so????? :haha:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Sub category, Smoking Dope in Greece maybe
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

she has not contracted with her name and so is in limbo until another party lifts the lien off of her debt name which she is now the retired creditor of... if she doesn't contract, they can't tap her credit file to pay for prison, so may well turn to her advantage.. but if the Trust as represented by us all, can buy the debt, then they will have to free her.
No, you need to pay the fine, then they'll let her go.

My God, what a grotesque evasion of reality that is. Especially the part where things "turn to her advantage" without them doing anything, with no explanation how that's supposed to work.

It probably didn't go down this way, but I'm picturing Elizabeth Nolson desperately trying to explain to one of her followers that she needs 21k Euros in cash now to avoid a nasty prison experience, only for the follower to parrot back that drivelpuke, straight from her own scam. Elizabeth Nolson, a woman who learned the real value of kindness credits... in The Twilight Zone.
notorial dissent

Heh, heh.... So she got what she wanted. She bought the debt and became responsible for it, just as she claimed, and then got fined and landed in jail because it seems the Greek authorities took her at her word, since the didn't have the original debtor, that she was now responsible for the debt, except of course it didn't work the way she claimed it would. She's now responsible for the debt, the fines, and the probably the prison time if it comes to that. Love it when a plan comes together. Heh, heh. :haha:
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Greece is a country with high unemployment, neighbors who want them to take back migrants who passed through them, and serious political volitility. They've got both neo-fascists and neo-bolsheviks out in the streets and sitting in parlement. I don't think their justice officials want to hear about any creative financial gimmicks.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
longdog

Post by longdog »

notorial dissent wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:33 pm Heh, heh.... So she got what she wanted. She bought the debt and became responsible for it, just as she claimed, and then got fined and landed in jail because it seems the Greek authorities took her at her word, since the didn't have the original debtor, that she was now responsible for the debt, except of course it didn't work the way she claimed it would. She's now responsible for the debt, the fines, and the probably the prison time if it comes to that. Love it when a plan comes together. Heh, heh. :haha:
I thought this jail time was unrelated to the debt thing and down to the "medical" cannabis thing. Some sort of "possession of 15kg of 'medicine' with intent to supply" thing.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent

longdog wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:49 am
notorial dissent wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:33 pm Heh, heh.... So she got what she wanted. She bought the debt and became responsible for it, just as she claimed, and then got fined and landed in jail because it seems the Greek authorities took her at her word, since the didn't have the original debtor, that she was now responsible for the debt, except of course it didn't work the way she claimed it would. She's now responsible for the debt, the fines, and the probably the prison time if it comes to that. Love it when a plan comes together. Heh, heh. :haha:
I thought this jail time was unrelated to the debt thing and down to the "medical" cannabis thing. Some sort of "possession of 15kg of 'medicine' with intent to supply" thing.
Could be, I got the impression she was jailed for not paying, could be very wrong since taking anything much this crowd says or claims is always a really bad idea.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

longdog wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:49 am
The best we could come up with was unpaid fine, which turns into 5.5 years inside if you don't pay. What the fine relates to :shrug:
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

C'est triste.
Brown Darren 26 July at 10:53
Any news on Liz ?
Two days and no-one appears to care about our buy any debt heroine Image
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

They took the money which wasn't enough to cover her fine, but was enough to buy a lot of really good dope, and bought a lot of really good dope. For the current time being, they really don't care about much else.
notorial dissent

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:16 pm C'est triste.
Brown Darren 26 July at 10:53
Any news on Liz ?
Two days and no-one appears to care about our buy any debt heroine Image
SASS*, pretty much covers it with this crowd.
*(Short Attention Span Syndrome)
longdog

Post by longdog »

Gregg wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:45 pm They took the money which wasn't enough to cover her fine, but was enough to buy a lot of really good dope, and bought a lot of really good dope. For the current time being, they really don't care about much else.
Spent 90% of the money on beer, weed and hookers... The rest they just wasted.

I like the cut of their jib to be honest.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent

Of course there is always the question of how much they actually collected. I have problems taking the word of proven liars and generally unreliable types.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

longdog wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:54 am
Gregg wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:45 pm They took the money which wasn't enough to cover her fine, but was enough to buy a lot of really good dope, and bought a lot of really good dope. For the current time being, they really don't care about much else.
Spent 90% of the money on beer, weed and hookers... The rest they just wasted.

I like the cut of their jib to be honest.
If they were proper folk, they'd have a dedicated ''Hookers and Blow Fund" anyhow.