Facebook Group - We Buy Any Debt

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Re: Facebook Group - We Buy Any Debt

Post by Comrade Sharik »

Whereas your average Brit is happy that we rid our country of religious bigots on the Mayflower
The DUP* et al won't be happy with the idea that they're not Brits....

* As in 'Ulster says NO to sodomy and yes to creationism'
longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by longdog »

Comrade Sharik wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:46 am
Whereas your average Brit is happy that we rid our country of religious bigots on the Mayflower
The DUP* et al won't be happy with the idea that they're not Brits....

* As in 'Ulster says NO to sodomy and yes to creationism'
Ah yes... The Dublin Ulster Party as one Facebook 'expert' on Brexit and all things constitutional law thought they were called the other day.

Seriously... He didn't know that The Republic of Ireland wasn't part of the UK and wouldn't be leaving the EU any time soon. He seemed to think Dublin was in Ulster but wasn't entirely sure where Ulster was. And they let people like this vote :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

And they let people like this vote :snicker:
To be fair, we've had a Secretary of State for Northern Ireland who was quoted as saying:
I freely admit that when I started this job, I didn’t understand some of the deep-seated and deep-rooted issues that there are in Northern Ireland. I didn’t understand things like when elections are fought, for example, in Northern Ireland – people who are nationalists don’t vote for unionist parties and vice versa
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... h-politics

So perhaps Jo Public can be excused their ignorance. (Though, like you, I find it astonishing..)
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

CrankyBoomer wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:33 am Gregg, I actually follow that dictum in real life - keeping off religion and politics as far as possible - though I don't think anything I posted would have come across as trying to convert anyone....I was just saying what my personal allegiances were. In real life many of my friends and acquaintances are agnostic or atheist but I will of course do my very best henceforth to adhere to the guidance/rules that help the site to function smoothly. (I don't like to say I definitely will because I'm human and can make errors). I'm not 100% sure what you found offensive. I have recently (well today) discovered that I can edit posts so I am willing to go back and excise any part of the post that was deemed offensive though I'm not sure what I did wrong.

(I tried to spell 'atheist' the British way and autocorrect changed it to 'athirst but fortunately I noticed before posting).
You didn't do anything wrong, I noticed you had double posted, sort of, like you got halfway through and posted then finished and reposted... I just removed the duplicate. It was late and I may have made a mistake in that they weren't duplicates and and I did I'm sorry.

I just post the guidelines every so often when I see someone new, as a helpful aid and not in response to anything anyone says. To be honest half of it is I think its a funny little piece and I'm showing off. I am personally an Atheist, but a tolerant one, so no offense taken there.

And to whoever suggested someone younger than my longtime British Squeeze Liz Hurley, she's my age and has aged like wine where I'm firmly in the aged like milk category. Honestly, have you seen here lately!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Seriously... He didn't know that The Republic of Ireland wasn't part of the UK and wouldn't be leaving the EU any time soon. He seemed to think Dublin was in Ulster but wasn't entirely sure where Ulster was. And they let people like this vote :snicker:
Ulster is in Costa Rica, iddinit?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:21 pm Ulster is in Costa Rica, iddinit?
No, Costa Rica is one of those "Mexican countries," according to Fox News.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:43 pm Whereas your average Brit is happy that we rid our country of religious bigots on the Mayflower, the USA has to celebrate it as a founding myth 😅
If I recall correctly, most of the Pilgrims had departed England for the Netherlands (and its relative religious freedom) a couple of decades prior to the voyage of the Mayflower. There was a companion ship that brought the Pilgrims from the Netherlands to Southampton (the Speedwell) and which was supposed to accompany the Mayflower across the Atlantic, but it proved unseaworthy and - after a couple of repair attempts - was abandoned at Plymouth.
longdog

Post by longdog »

jcolvin2 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:44 pm If I recall correctly, most of the Pilgrims had departed England for the Netherlands (and its relative religious freedom) a couple of decades prior to the voyage of the Mayflower. There was a companion ship that brought the Pilgrims from the Netherlands to Southampton (the Speedwell) and which was supposed to accompany the Mayflower across the Atlantic, but it proved unseaworthy and - after a couple of repair attempts - was abandoned at Plymouth.
I'm pretty sure most of the religious intolerance they were escaping was people not being very tolerant of their religious intolerance.

They were after all the people who gave the phrase "witch hunt" it's modern meaning.

And unlike us secular atheists they really did ban Winterval Christmas.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

longdog wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:49 pm I'm pretty sure most of the religious intolerance they were escaping was people not being very tolerant of their religious intolerance.
Sadly, like most of Western Europe (and later North America), religious tolerance had not arrived in England in the late 16th and early 17th centuries. It was truly a slow train coming …

Excerpts from Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilgrims_ ... th_Colony)):
The core of the group called "the Pilgrims" were brought together around 1605 when they quit the Church of England to form separatist congregations in the north of England, led by John Robinson, Richard Clyfton, and John Smyth. Their congregations held Brownist beliefs—that true churches were voluntary, democratic communities, not whole Christian nations—as taught by Robert Browne, John Greenwood, and Henry Barrow. As separatists, they held that their differences with the Church of England were irreconcilable and that their worship should be independent of the trappings, traditions, and organization of a central church.

The Separatist movement was controversial. Under the Act of Uniformity 1559, it was illegal not to attend official Church of England services, with a fine of one shilling (£0.05; about £19 today[4]) for each missed Sunday and holy day. The penalties included imprisonment and larger fines for conducting unofficial services. The Seditious Sectaries Act 1593 was specifically aimed at outlawing the Brownists. Under this policy, the London Underground Church from 1566, and then Robert Browne and his followers in Norfolk during the 1580s, were repeatedly imprisoned. Henry Barrow, John Greenwood, and John Penry were executed for sedition in 1593. Browne had taken his followers into exile in Middelburg, Netherlands, and Penry urged the London Separatists to emigrate in order to escape persecution, so after his death they went to Amsterdam.

Many Puritans had hoped that a reconciliation would be possible when James came to power which would allow them independence, but the Hampton Court Conference of 1604 denied nearly all of the concessions which they had requested—except for an updated English translation of the Bible, the King James Version. The same year, Richard Bancroft became Archbishop of Canterbury and launched a campaign against Puritanism. He suspended 300 ministers and fired 80, which led some of them to found Separatist churches. Robinson, Clifton, and their followers founded a Brownist church, making a covenant with God "to walk in all his ways made known, or to be made known, unto them, according to their best endeavours, whatsoever it should cost them, the Lord assisting them".

Archbishop Hutton died in 1606 and Tobias Matthew was appointed as his replacement. He was one of James' chief supporters at the 1604 conference, and he promptly began a campaign to purge the archdiocese of non-conforming influences, both Puritans and those wishing to return to the Catholic faith. Disobedient clergy were replaced, and prominent Separatists were confronted, fined, and imprisoned. He is credited with driving people out of the country who refused to attend Anglican services.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:37 pm
Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:21 pm Ulster is in Costa Rica, iddinit?
No, Costa Rica is one of those "Mexican countries," according to Fox News.
Ah yes, part of the Portuguese commonwealth, from Morocco.
MiddlesexFinn
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by MiddlesexFinn »

longdog wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:25 am
AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:43 pm True. Whereas your average Brit is happy that we rid our country of religious bigots on the Mayflower, the USA has to celebrate it as a founding myth 😅
Oh I don't know... We can still grow our own insane, bigoted religious maniacs when we put our mind to it. These days we don't just restrict ourselves to bible-bashing lunatics. We have a highly commendable and egalitarian selection of lunatics more than happy to bash a wide range of "holy" books. :snicker:
One wonders what happens when you put Tommy Robinson, Ian Bone (he of the Marxism and weird obsession with the Mogg's kids) and Anjem Choudary in a room and lock the door (a la Papal conclave). :thinking:
longdog

Post by longdog »

Include a large selection of lethal weaponry and I can't see anything other than a positive outcome.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Our financial genius Elisabeth Nolson has exposed the fraud at the heart of the debt industry once again. :snicker:
Elisabeth Nolson
31 December 2019
Because they cant say yes We Buy Any Debt and Kindness Credits works they have to make "goodwill gestures" instead ... this company called it a "Write off sale " fucking write we write it off lol .. otherwise they would be admitting liability of the fraud we expose with the truth. https://youtu.be/5Fmsi3dSwOo
Can't find evidence that anyone has tried using her potty scheme to pay this debt off and I'm not suggesting anyone should waste their time looking further, but it looks like a debt of £15,233 was written down to £6,344 after the forced repossesion and auction sale of a vehicle. Looks like smart cutting losses to me.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

On this side of the pond that "written off" amount comes bas as a 1099 misc income gift to the person's taxes. So winning.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

If it is a debt, would it not be a 1099-C for cancelation of indebtedness not a 1099-MISC?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

notorial dissent wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:54 pm On this side of the pond that "written off" amount comes bas as a 1099 misc income gift to the person's taxes. So winning.
On this side of the pond, all you win is a shitty credit rating!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

they have to make "goodwill gestures" instead
I fear she is lacking a certain degree of understanding as to the meaning of the expression "goodwill gesture".
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I'm sure there will be a few gestures, all right.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

longdog wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:46 pm
they have to make "goodwill gestures" instead
I fear she is lacking a certain degree of understanding as to the meaning of the expression "goodwill gesture".

A bit like this (2:30 minutes in).
https://youtu.be/tRJlo2WRDbw
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

NYGman wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:33 pm If it is a debt, would it not be a 1099-C for cancelation of indebtedness not a 1099-MISC?
Isn't the 1099-C used when the entire debt is written off?
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt