Sovcit Glossary - translating the nonsense

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Sovcit Glossary - translating the nonsense

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

MaritalArtist wrote: Birth certificate - an account to get free stuff.
A4V - free stuff.
Promissory note - free stuff.
Honour - I have proved I'm owed free stuff.
Dishonour - you won't give me free stuff.
Free stuff: Anything that is funded by tax payers.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
longdog

Post by longdog »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
MaritalArtist wrote: Birth certificate - an account to get free stuff.
A4V - free stuff.
Promissory note - free stuff.
Honour - I have proved I'm owed free stuff.
Dishonour - you won't give me free stuff.
Free stuff: Anything that is funded by tax payers anybody but me.
FTFY 8)
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

TheNewSaint wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote: Nunc pro tunc. As with Praeteria Preteria (c.f.), no one knows what these phrases really mean
Nunc pro tunc, literally "now for then", is a legit legal term that means something is to be applied retroactively.
When I was practicing law, I encountered "nunc pro tunc" more than once. In SovCit Land, however, I'll wager that few, if any, know what the phrase actually means; and most will use it because it sounds like "real lawyer talk", and because they view the term as a magic incantation against the Forces of Gummint Ebil, or something.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:When I was practicing law, I encountered "nunc pro tunc" more than once. In SovCit Land, however, I'll wager that few, if any, know what the phrase actually means; and most will use it because it sounds like "real lawyer talk", and because they view the term as a magic incantation against the Forces of Gummint Ebil, or something.
You are correct, of course. But in the context of compiling a sovcit dictionary, I think its beneficial to point out that some sovcit tropes have legitimate uses. And to distinguish them from sovcit inventions like "notice to principal is notice to agent."
longdog

Post by longdog »

TheNewSaint wrote:...And to distinguish them from sovcit inventions like "notice to principal is notice to agent."
I'm not sure about 'notice to principal is notice to agent' but surely 'notice to agent is notice to principal' is a tautology. The whole point of acting through an agent is that the agent is representing your interests... That's what an agent is. The sovs throw the phrase into letters when they are writing to an employee of an organisation as though there might be some doubt as to whether or not they might be addressing the employee solely in a personal capacity :shrug:

ETA... Thinking about it 'notice to principal is notice to agent' is just as meaningless as it presupposes that an organisation as an artificial person can be compelled to communicate the sov's gibberish to every Tom, Dick and Harriet who happens to work for them.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
HardyW
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by HardyW »

Yes but if they want to instruct a constable to act under his/her oath and arrest the "agent" (employee) for treason (what else?), it's only fair that the "agent" has had notice. And if the principal has failed to pass on the notice to all the agents in the workforce, it's not the notice-writer's fault.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And i have long seen evidence that sovcits/fotls DO NOT comprehend the concept of public/private capacity or what constitutes either. They certainly don't understand the concept/reality of treason.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

notorial dissent wrote:And i have long seen evidence that sovcits/fotls DO NOT comprehend the concept of public/private capacity or what constitutes either. They certainly don't understand the concept/reality of treason.
For years, my wife and I have been advocating for a return to the teaching of Civics in schools -- and not just as a brief unit in a larger class. Too many people, today, have little or no understanding of how our government works, and what our Constitution means. Regarding treason, they usually glean their (mis)understandings of the term from centuries-old European sources, or make up things out of whole cloth. During Obama's eight years in office, many right-wingers ranted, loud and long, about "Obama's treason"; and now that Trump is in office, I hear the same rants from left-wingers about "Trump's treason".

Even if the ranters have read the Constitution, they look at the "adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort" clause, and proclaim (for example) that "since Russia is our enemy, and Trump is clearly adhering to them and giving them aid and comfort, he is guilty of treason". Others did much the same when Obama was President. The only problem is that we have to be in a state of declared or open war with another nation or entity, which means a "shooting war"; and even then, treason prosecutions are extremely rare. I don't recall any such prosecutions after the Civil War, when the Confederates were clearly guilty of treason but, for political reasons, no prosecutions went forward); and during or after the two World Wars, there were only a handful off prosecutions. None of the Americans who spied for the Soviet Union -- not even Julius or Ethel Rosenberg -- were ever charged with treason, let alone convicted of it.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Treason - pretty much anything a sovcit or fotl doesn't agree with, or someone ignoring their fanciful interpretation of the law or reality.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

"Treason" along with "sedition" sound so evil. What the words actually mean is irrelevant to these nut jobs. What is important to them is for them to start their position with the premise that those who oppose them, those that have a different viewpoint, are evil, nasty horrible people, so they throw these words out there in an attempt to paint themselves as victims. Victims of the actions of evil people.
Having said that, people who engage in normal political debate often use the same tactics in an attempt to label an opponent whose views differ from their own. The PLDers are only doing what many of us do so I would not single them out for doing so.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

Bailiff: Burglar hired by the corporate courts/banks to enforce their corrupt decisions generate profit by unlawful sacking of private castles.

Police: Common mercenary thugs who aid and abet the corporate judges' iron-fisted rule over their unlawful courts by forcibly ejecting victims before they have a chance to overthrow the corrupt system. In the UK, they have so much control over the masses that they don't have to carry guns, whereas in the US they are in such fear of "Second Amendment rights exercising" sovereign citizens that they ALL carry guns.

Sheriff: Local elected official bastion of common law enforcement whose authority is second only to God Himself, unless until he refuses to arrest the judge/prosecutor/clerk/other local officials
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Proof: For the Sovtard, his mere assertion of something. For the opposition, an impossibility.

The Law: When supposedly expounded by a Sovtard, something pulled out of his lower torso. When cited by the opposition, something somehow invalid for reasons never quite made clear.

Payment: The extinction of a debt, an action that, according to Sovtards, is accomplished by the mere presentation of a promissory note with no intention of follow-up, but which is not accomplished by the tender of govt-issued currency.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

FMOTL Research: Looking at videos on You Tube that agree with what I say.

Actual research: Looking at all available relevant information from all sources including 'Books' (remember them, heavy boring stuff with no pictures that took ages to read and were often hard to understand)
Then coming to a conclusion based on available evidence which you accept even if it is not what you were looking for because your original idea seems to be wrong.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win: A favourite sovcit quote erroneously attributed to Mahatma Gandhi.
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

Utter bovine scatology: The legal system wherein documents written in French on parchment with a goose quill by men who had no knowledge of the world beyond their own fiefdoms and later nullified by the Pope somehow trump acts passed during the Space Age.
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Payment: The extinction of a debt, an action that, according to Sovtards, is accomplished by the mere presentation of a promissory note with no intention of follow-up, but which is not accomplished by the tender of govt-issued currency.
I never quite understood that, a promissory note is the instrument of the debt, giving the bank a promissory note to pay off your loan doesn't work mostly because the bank already has a promissory note from you, you signed it when they gave you the check to buy the car. When you give them actual money to repay it, they send it back to you.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

BoomerSooner17 wrote:Utter bovine scatology: The legal system wherein documents written in French on parchment with a goose quill by men who had no knowledge of the world beyond their own fiefdoms and later nullified by the Pope somehow trump acts passed during the Space Age.
Or Latin? MC was written down by clerics in Latin.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

JimUk1 wrote:First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win: A favourite sovcit quote erroneously attributed to Mahatma Gandhi.
See also "when the flak is heaviest, you know you're over the target"
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
BoomerSooner17 wrote:Utter bovine scatology: The legal system wherein documents written in French on parchment with a goose quill by men who had no knowledge of the world beyond their own fiefdoms and later nullified by the Pope somehow trump acts passed during the Space Age.
Oops! That serves me right for relying on Robin Hood, Ivanhoe, and barely-remembered high school world history class for my knowledge of medieval Britain.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

BoomerSooner17 wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Oops! That serves me right for relying on Robin Hood, Ivanhoe, and barely-remembered high school world history class for my knowledge of medieval Britain.
Let that be a lesson to stop dabbling in questionable popular culture folk tales. If you want to discuss medieval Britain you have to knuckle down, do the work, and actually study a reputable, historically accurate source. Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I'm still, at my advanced age, researching Castle Anthrax.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs