The Family:Sterling - a tragic eviction

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

SteveUK
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

The Family:Sterling - a tragic eviction

Post by SteveUK »

Right, given our recent focus (jest?) at our friends over at http://www.commonlawcourt.com , I thought I'd do some digging on Theresa's eviction. I've noticed that all of their 'cases' seem to always be proven despite a lack of jury and a total lack of evidence, or even what the issue is.

Some sad news - Theresa WAS evicted recently and sadly her partner passed due to cancer.

The story is quite a sad one. Took out a mortgage for about £70k , remortgaged, had some fees added etc, with the net results that the bill soared to £170k. This was clearly out of range and inevitably they fell behind with the payments in 2014. It ended up in court, and they lost. Which brings us to December 2016 after a wave of appeals ala Rekha style.

Appeal linkey: https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-ju ... 0000d74aa7

This is where it goes all bat shit crazy. A few items raised in her appeal included:

-she didnt receive the letters dragging her to court, it was therefore unfair process.
-the court system is somehow in a conspiracy.
-no jurisdiction
-minor typo in their contract therefore voiding it all (oh, how did Helen Gardiner get on?)
-a jumbling up signatures versus seals.
-the old 'unfair lending' arguments.
-securitisation
-non original documents.

The judge kicked it out and the bailiffs moved in.It seems they may have been a bit hasty. Her husband was terminally ill and passed soon afterwards, so I can understand the anger.

The compulsory 'sad local photo' news story can be found here: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott ... y-11225688

But wait. It turns out she was quite an interesting FOI agenda, telling me she was way down the rabbit hole as early as 2013.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/user/byt ... g_ucc1_207 . Its a mish mash of agenda 21, corrupt judges and the 'you cant tax me' junk'. My favourite :
Dear Scottish Police Authority,

I require confirmation of the Legal Status of Police Scotland.

Is Police Scotland Publicly owned or is it a Private Organisation.

How much does it receive annually from the public purse.

Yours faithfully,

Theresa Stirling
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: The Family:Sterling - a tragic eviction

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

SteveUK wrote:The judge kicked it out and the bailiffs moved in.It seems they may have been a bit hasty. Her husband was terminally ill and passed soon afterwards, so I can understand the anger.
English law says he shouldn't be chased for a debt but this is Scottish law and a possession case, so it may well be different. Seems a bit OTT though given the circumstances.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog

Post by longdog »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:English law says he shouldn't be chased for a debt...
Is that 100% accurate? I can see that being terminally ill would, or at least could, render a debtor vulnerable but I don't see how that would ultimately affect the recovery of a debt. I can see it could affect how a creditor went about collecting the debt but not their actual ability to do so.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

its certainly an odd case and I'm no expert in the fine differences between EW and S law.
I do have some sympathy but see it from the bailiffs view - the family have been fighting every step of the way for years. At some point you have to say 'enough is enough'.
ArthurWankspittle

longdog wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:English law says he shouldn't be chased for a debt...
Is that 100% accurate? I can see that being terminally ill would, or at least could, render a debtor vulnerable but I don't see how that would ultimately affect the recovery of a debt. I can see it could affect how a creditor went about collecting the debt but not their actual ability to do so.
I could have worded it different. If it were England and he was being chased for a debt, bailiffs turn up and find he's terminally ill they should note he is "vulnerable" and follow it up later (as in a lot later when things are over, and maybe contact solicitor doing will etc.).
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
ArthurWankspittle

SteveUK wrote:its certainly an odd case and I'm no expert in the fine differences between EW and S law.
I do have some sympathy but see it from the bailiffs view - the family have been fighting every step of the way for years. At some point you have to say 'enough is enough'.
It seems a mess all round. First time they applied for possession the mortgage company got it wrong. There is a bill for nearly £15k for something and no one seems to explain it.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
SteveUK wrote:The judge kicked it out and the bailiffs moved in.It seems they may have been a bit hasty. Her husband was terminally ill and passed soon afterwards, so I can understand the anger.
English law says he shouldn't be chased for a debt but this is Scottish law and a possession case, so it may well be different. Seems a bit OTT though given the circumstances.
I don't think he was named on the mortgage. The cited Appeal judgement refers to:
[1] In 2002, the pursuers made a loan to the defender " (note singular)
[5] ...served upon her husband Mr Stirling as the entitled resident..
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

SteveUK wrote:But wait. It turns out she was quite an interesting FOI agenda, telling me she was way down the rabbit hole as early as 2013.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/user/byt ... g_ucc1_207 . Its a mish mash of agenda 21, corrupt judges and the 'you cant tax me' junk'.
And it will surprise nobody here that she was in league with Mark "Ceylon" Haining at that time, example as below. Maybe she was a GOOFY member too, can we still search their forum posts? Anyhow, a big thumbs-up to Ceylon - that's another family's life ruined.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... d_practici?
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... solicitors
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Ceylon’s dirty fingerprints - why am I not surprised.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

I am sure they missed a step, when following Ceylon's advice, at least that is what he will say. But yes, another house Ceylon has had a hand in losing. I wonder what he is doing now, really haven't seem much of him since GOOFY sold, and closed (Thankfully). No more Mak and Crak shows to entertain. I wonder if reality has set in, and his followers have deserted his winning ways?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

He’s still kicking about. He’s in Chichester this Friday, the star attraction at some common law talk being promoted via PLD. More impressional fodder he can lead to ruin.

It amazes me that despite his 100% failure rate there seems no end of marks willing to swallow his message and drop themselves in the shit. None ever seem to hold him and his methods to account.

He is a man of many identies (Seylon/Ceylon/srilankaC), still posting quack cancer cures, white lines in the road, flying rods spying on him, obsessing about paedophila and making completely unfounded accusations of genocide allegedly carried out daily by Nottingham City Council. You’d think someone might have noticed this latter obsession by now if it were true. He’s also posting on the “Goodf lite” site where he is held in awe by the sad remnants of the old site.

He doesn’t practice what he preaches however and I still chuckle at his capitulation in court, refusing initially to give his name following arrest for the pointless rooftop protest then caving at the prospect of a visit to prison. Paper tiger.

But like Fu Manchu he hasn’t gone away, oh no, the world will (sadly) continue to hear from him again.