Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Post by longdog »

Given the kooks' habit of making illegal recordings in real courts it's very surprising that the proceedings of the 'Common Law Court' aren't filmed and made available to all.

But then I suppose one man in an otherwise empty room talking to himself is never that interesting :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Plus, it's Flash, which is passe. Modern desktop browsers have Flash disabled by default, which is probably why aesmith's PC (and much of Crabby's audience) couldn't see the animation.

Companies are starting to use automated chat for customer service. But they don't use animated characters like these, just text and minimal graphics. These things are trapped in the Uncanny Valley.

There's a demo at https://voki.com/site/create. Pick the "Samantha" voice and you can put your own words into Liz Pendens' mouth (though i renamed her Quat Lucy).
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

And ...
Primula Smith Thank you for reply Robert but a computer synthesised reading of a script doesn't help at all... If anything it makes me even more worried that this really is just one person declaring himself a court and then acting as the judge, jury and everybody else. Why the anonymous and frankly silly computer characters?

The list of jurors pdfs on the CLC website are all blank and none of the judgements carry a signature. If this is a genuine common law court, and I hope it is, it really needs to behave like one and even the website itself gives the impression that judgements will be handed out to pretty much anybody who asks for them.

As I say I really want this Common Law Court to be real but to our opponants it really looks like another crank website. If the movement wants to be taken seriously it needs to be professional and not give those who would mock us a stick to beat us with.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

aesmith wrote:
TheNewSaint wrote:It's one of those "virtual representatives" that never caught on about 7-8 years ago. You have to click Play at the bottom, and she reads Crabby's script in a robotic voice.
Funny, it plays on my tablet but not on the PC. Anyway it sounds like the case in Birmingham was a perfectly normal FMOTL court case, present nonsense, argue with judge and get thrown out. Not really sure why they're all crowing so much about it, even the announcement doesn't seem to be claiming victory.
Do you think the idiot that set this CLC up just doesn't get the fact that if you leave the Court they simply carry on regardless.. I suspect a Possession Order is now winging it's way as we speak.

Does the Common Law Court now deserve it's own thread ??
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Are threads created on a deluded futility score? OK, I know they are not, it is just that the most lengthy ones score high in that regard.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

AndyPandy wrote: Do you think the idiot that set this CLC up just doesn't get the fact that if you leave the Court they simply carry on regardless.
Andy,
I read that and immediately thought, "'Carry On Regardless'? That sounds like the name of a cheap British comedy film." And lo and behold:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carry_On_Regardless

I'm not sure what gave me the idea; I don't think the "Carry On" films ever did much business in the U.S ("Carry on Constable" must have been shown here; I think I remember seeing the trailer-- but not the movie-- when I was a kid. I don't recall any of the others.) They seem to have been quite a success in the U.K., however.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

And Canada.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
longdog

Post by longdog »

Dr. Caligari wrote:They seem to have been quite a success in the U.K., however.
Good, moronic entertainment* for those "I can't be bothered even thinking" moments. I think I know Carry On Up The Khyber and Carry On Cleo off by heart... "Oh I say! He did not half crack that one did he not?" and "Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!" respectively.

* Except Carry On Emmanuel and Carry On Columbus which are just plain moronic.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

longdog wrote:
Dr. Caligari wrote:They seem to have been quite a success in the U.K., however.
Good, moronic entertainment* for those "I can't be bothered even thinking" moments. I think I know Carry On Up The Khyber and Carry On Cleo off by heart... "Oh I say! He did not half crack that one did he not?" and "Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!" respectively.

* Except Carry On Emmanuel and Carry On Columbus which are just plain moronic.
Lady Ruff-diamond "Seems I'm a little plastered' :haha: :haha: :haha:
longdog

Post by longdog »

"Fakir! Off!" :mrgreen:

"May the benevolence of the god Shivu bring blessings on your house.

And on yours.

And may his wisdom bring success in all your undertakings.

And in yours.

And may his radiance light up your life.

And up yours."

OK... I'll stop now.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Success!!!!1!!!

You've served them just the conditional acceptance yes?...if so just complete the process up the defaut and serve a misprision if they carry on after that...then yu will have established that they have agreed by tacit consent if they ignore you and, will be acting in full knowledge of the evidenced facts if they act against you....at some point you can also involve police to make it tricky for the to aid and abet unauthorised bailiffs....I'm just doing that with regrd to council; tax myself....I'll post up my latest Notice to the police shortly.
Last edited by grixit on Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: dupe
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Success!!!!1!!!

You've served them just the conditional acceptance yes?...if so just complete the process up the defaut and serve a misprision if they carry on after that...then yu will have established that they have agreed by tacit consent if they ignore you and, will be acting in full knowledge of the evidenced facts if they act against you....at some point you can also involve police to make it tricky for the to aid and abet unauthorised bailiffs....I'm just doing that with regrd to council; tax myself....I'll post up my latest Notice to the police shortly.
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

AndyPandy wrote: Do you think the idiot that set this CLC up just doesn't get the fact that if you leave the Court they simply carry on regardless.
They get that no more than they get “I realised I was going to lose so I walked out of the hearing” isn’t sufficient grounds for appeal in the real courts*.

*”Real courts” being those which can pass legally binding judgements and have the power to actually enforce those judgements on you whether you consent or not..
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Total idiot. The authority comes from the power the badge represents , not the badge itself.

And my favourite PLD portrait for some time.im just annoyed he didn’t write ‘A61’ on his boat race.

Owned by IBM . Crackpots .
:lol:
HardyW
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by HardyW »

I think this (IBM) relates to the practice where a group of local authorities forms a consortium to buy in services from the private sector. So yes this company South West One may be part-owned by IBM or similar, and have a contract with some of the local councils for facilities such as premises/estates, comms/IT, maybe payroll/accounting, etc. And no doubt in the "2009 era" the arrangement got some coverage in the local media as people questioned the need for such a deal.
King Lud
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by King Lud »

Did Darren drop a pizza on his head? What the hell is going on there?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

King Lud wrote:Did Darren drop a pizza on his head? What the hell is going on there?

Uncanny . My initial thoughts were pizza or hideous skin infection.
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

SteveUK wrote:Total idiot. The authority comes from the power the badge represents , not the badge itself.

And my favourite PLD portrait for some time.im just annoyed he didn’t write ‘A61’ on his boat race.

Someone in the UK ought to "drop a dime" to tell the local police that there's a loon running around with a fake badge likely to be attempting to impersonate cops. He's thoughtfully provided his name so he ought to be easy to find.

One can only hope this ends as badly for him as the "Continental Marshals for the Republic" imploded in early 2017 in the US. They were an offshoot of the pretend judge/pretend grand jury crowd in Colorado. They had regular conference calls bragging about how much respect they were getting when they flashed their badges. Then when four of them showed up at a jail in New Mexico with phony paperwork to spring one of their comrades, they were busted. The interrogation must have been hilarious because they actually thought they were going to get the guys out, and they couldn't understand why the real US Marshals were so confused about the validity of their paperwork. Fogbow coverage of that caper here: http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... =26&t=9527

The UK FMOTL crowd strikes me as harmless eccentrics compared to some of their heavily armed, more sociopathic US cousins. But starting to impersonate cops sounds to me like it's coming a little closer to a red line.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

and dont forget the common law crime of wearing a pizza on your head!
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

In the UK, impersonating a police officer constitutes a criminal offence under S90 of the 1996 Police Act. A fine or a prison sentence of up to 6 months are the penalties on conviction.

Not that this is likely to bother Darren.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.