Simon Goldberg presents "You and Your Cash"

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Simon Goldberg presents "You and Your Cash"

Post by longdog »

I'm pretty sure Baron von Trampbeard was talking about a lien based cryptocurrency before O'Bonkers and Goldberg were.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Hilariously, If you click on the side bar link for 'Cryptocurrency', you find an article entitled; The End of All Digital Currency?

https://www.youandyourcash.com/blog/the ... l-currency

Google is going to kill off digital currencies apparently, and so the advice is:
In my opinion, the way forward is gold. If you would like to learn more about buying gold and other precious metals, click here
Admittedly it was posted in 2019, but even so...
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Gold? Ahahaha....

Gold is deflationary; and a money supply based on gold was one of the things which made the Great Depression so much worse that it might have been, since it limited the money supply, resulting in too little money chasing too many goods. It's also a historically bad investment, because it pays no interests or dividends, and costs money to store and conceal. It is liable to stolen, at gunpoint if necessary, if anyone learns of your stash; and the price is subject to manipulation by gold producers who dump gold on the world market, or withhold it. It has never outperformed the stock market over any 10-year period, not even during the Great Depression. Gold has "intrinsic value" only because people think it does. In reality, gold is just another commodity.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools