Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Alfie Evans - FMOTL jump on bandwagon

Post by NYGman »

AndyPandy wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:06 pm
Hercule Parrot wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:54 pm
longdog wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:47 amI very much doubt the Italian government would do anything contrary to a British court order let alone involving a military aircraft of any description. It would be diplomatically disastrous.
Indeed. We have no evidence that this military air ambulance exists, or is actually on standby, or where. It may actually be an ex-military helicopter, or an ex-military crew, or entirely imaginary. And they didn't actually say it was an Italian aircraft, so it might be the Papal Guards with an Airfix Sopwith Camel. It might be a freelance bush pilot, a fanatical Jesuit on a unicycle or a born-again millionaire's Lear Jet.

Nonetheless, I suspect there is more to come. And some of the family's supporters do, too....

I sincerely, hope they don't get him home and then try to take him out of the Country.
I do hope they are sincere in now working with the hospital to ensure their son is as comfortable as possible in his final days. At this point, to fake sincerity and use deception to whisk him away to Italy would be like a page out of a deranged panto, just missing a turn to the audience and wink. I am sure Pope Francis would not take kindly to that, if it were to happen. And as said earlier, I am sure no other country will want to get involved in breaking the law in the UK, although maybe Russia may help.

It is a sad situation, I will accept the statement at face value, and hope he has moved to the acceptance phase of grief, with respect to the ruling, and now can spend time with Alfie before he passes.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

I’m might be biased because my partner sometimes has to go to Alder Hey,

But this is utterly disgusting, tosh.

If you scroll down you will see these protestors attacking people!

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/25/alfie-eva ... r-7497380/

Freeman filled crap!

The father should be ashamed!
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

This morning, Fox News was outraged at the british court's denial of the parents' request to take Alfie out of the country.

They even likened it to the notorious "Death Panels" that they were so outraged about, back when ObamaCare was being debated.

The one speaker I heard seemed dangerously close to the argument "how dare the British court interfere with the parents handling of their property (Alfie)." He insisted that no court in the US would issue such a ruling, completely forgetting the Terry Shiavo case, in which a court denied the request by her parents (Terry was an adult) to override Terry's husband's decision to discontinue life support. As I stated in an earlier post, after Ms Shiavo died, an autopsy proved the doctors right.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

JimUk1 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:38 pm I’m might be biased because my partner sometimes has to go to Alder Hey,

But this is utterly disgusting, tosh.

If you scroll down you will see these protestors attacking people!

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/25/alfie-eva ... r-7497380/

Freeman filled crap!

The father should be ashamed!
I thought he had a complete 180 yesterday, and went "Legit." That was published 2 days ago. Point about the mob taken though. Though he has told them to go home.

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

noblepa wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:46 pm This morning, Fox News was outraged at the british court's denial of the parents' request to take Alfie out of the country.

They even likened it to the notorious "Death Panels" that they were so outraged about, back when ObamaCare was being debated.

The one speaker I heard seemed dangerously close to the argument "how dare the British court interfere with the parents handling of their property (Alfie)." He insisted that no court in the US would issue such a ruling, completely forgetting the Terry Shiavo case, in which a court denied the request by her parents (Terry was an adult) to override Terry's husband's decision to discontinue life support. As I stated in an earlier post, after Ms Shiavo died, an autopsy proved the doctors right.
I doubt seriously that most if not all of that crowd have ever read or even looked at a newspaper unless it was to get the racing or sports news. Any news they get most likely came off the internet or from one of their "friends".
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

He insisted that no court in the US would issue such a ruling, completely forgetting the Terry Shiavo case, in which a court denied the request by her parents (Terry was an adult) to override Terry's husband's decision to discontinue life support.
It would, in fact, be much less likely (though not unknown) for a U.S. court to interfere with medical decisions made by a child's custodial parents. The Terry Schiavo case was quite different-- she was a married adult, so her husband was the one who had the right to make medical decisions for her, notwithstanding her parents' wishes. But I suspect we're treading dangerously close to political issues here, so I'll say no more.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Since the baby has no functional brain left it all seems rather pointless. In effect Alfie Evans is dead already and has been for some time.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Alfie Evans died 02:30 this morning.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:46 am Alfie Evans died 02:30 this morning.
May he Rest in Peace
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Having had two kids of my own, both of whom made it to adulthood, I can imagine how bad it would be to lose one now; and I can guess that it would have been infinitely much worse to have had one of them fall sick, as Alfie did, and know that Daddy couldn't fix them. I can't imagine looking at their cute little faces, and deciding to withdraw all but palliative care, knowing that they would not live much longer. I can only hope that Alfie's parents, in their grief, can also let go of the desperation which drove them to embrace the FMOTL woo, and realize that, no matter what they did, Alfie would never have lived very long, even in Italy, and would have not had anything close to a normal life where they could interact with him.

Alfie is at peace; and I wish the same for his parents -- as much as they can have, knowing that they have lost their beloved son.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
MaritalArtist
First Mate
First Mate

Post by MaritalArtist »

Our old pal Ceylon speaks out.
...HAVE THEY MURDERED ALFIE?
https://www.bitchute.com/video/tXDwNVjVXgIB/
That's right, The Mascara Snake, fast and bulbous! Also, a tin teardrop!
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

MaritalArtist wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:19 pm Our old pal Ceylon speaks out.
...HAVE THEY MURDERED ALFIE?
https://www.bitchute.com/video/tXDwNVjVXgIB/
The sheer bile and hatred spewing from that man is almost physical.

My god but he’s a fucking scumbag.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

The Christian campaign group that acted for the family of Alfie Evans could face an investigation by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), the Guardian has learned.

The legal watchdog confirmed it was reviewing the Christian Legal Centre’s role in the high-profile life-support battle that ended with the death of the 23-month-old boy on Saturday, five days after he was removed from a ventilator.

Three court of appeal judges criticised the role of supporters who may have “infiltrated or compromised” the legal representation of Alfie’s parents, Tom Evans and Kate James.

The high court judge Mr Justice Hayden was particularly critical of the role of Pavel Stroilov, a Russian-born law student who appeared to have taken the lead in representing Alfie’s parents for the Christian Legal Centre (CLC).

The judge described Stroilov, who formerly worked for the Ukip leader, Gerard Batten, as a “fanatical and deluded young man” whose legal advice was “inconsistent with the real interests of the parents’ case”.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/ma ... evans-case
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

42. On 12th April 2018 the father went to the hospital with some other people who included a foreign doctor and air ambulance staff. The father had a letter written to him by Mr Pavel Stroilov of the Christian Legal Centre which, we were told, is a campaigning organisation. In the letter Mr Stroilov, who we have been told is not a lawyer, purported to give the father legal advice. He said that it would be lawful for the father to remove Alfie from the hospital and take him to any other place he chose. The previous order made by Hayden J was said not to have circumvented "your parental rights".

43. The letter, which was disseminated on social media (presumably with the knowledge and consent of Mr Stroilov), stated that: "as a matter of law it is your right to come to (the) hospital with a team of medical professionals with their own life-support equipment and move Alfie to such other place as you consider is best for him. You do not need any permission from (the) Hospital or the court to do so".

44. This letter was misleading to the extent of giving the father false advice. We have been told that it had the most regrettable consequences in that it led to a confrontation in which Alfie was involved. The Police had to be called. An application had to be made as a matter of urgency to Hayden J.

45. The letter gave false advice because the previous decisions made by the courts in this case have directly addressed whether the parents have the right to decide what should happen to Alfie. The clear answer which has been given is that the parents' wishes are not determinative. The court has also expressly decided that removing Alfie from the hospital as the parents wanted was "irreconcilable with (his) best interests" and that his treatment and care "shall" be given by this hospital. To act inconsistently with or contrary to the court's determination and order would be to act without lawful authority. This includes the hospital which would have been acting in breach of the court's order if they had permitted Alfie to be removed from the hospital.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2018/805.html
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Hercule Parrot wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:40 pm The Christian campaign group that acted for the family of Alfie Evans could face an investigation by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), the Guardian has learned.
https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/ma ... evans-case

Good! These people should face the full force of the law. They prey on vulnerable people, selling false hope. I wonder how much the CLC raised, and I wonder if they are even a legitimate group.

Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

CLC is part of Christian Concern, neither qualify as charities although there is a third 'arm' which is a charity, that is Faith, Truth and Hope.

Their aim is to restore Christianity to the UK and ultimately Europe whilst carrying out some work globally as well. They also take legal cases where people have been suffered discrimination due to their biblical beliefs, they have been involved in a number of high profile cases almost all of which they have lost (Jeff and Sue Green for example who ran a B&B and banned same sex couples).

The accounts filed at Companies House for the company make interesting reading.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Links are always good.
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

longdog

Post by longdog »

Footloose52 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:39 am Sorry - Christian Concern - http://www.christianconcern.com/
They really ought to change their name to something more accurate like 'Christian Shutting The Stable Door After The Horse Has Bolted' or 'Christian Still Living In The 1940s' or perhaps 'Christian Totally Obsessed With Transgender Issues For Some Reason'.

There's something truly tragic about people with an inability to realise they are living in the past. You can argue about how long Britain has been a secular society but you'd be doing well if you argue convincingly that it isn't one.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:02 am Links are always good.
sausage?