The Madness of the Metes

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

He Who Knows
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Madness of the Metes

Post by He Who Knows »

Could only manage the first 30 seconds of Expert in FA's dirge before I found myself trying to work out what his arm tatts were other than a sleeve of blue ink :shrug:
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

He Who Knows wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:44 am Could only manage the first 30 seconds of Expert in FA's dirge before I found myself trying to work out what his arm tatts were other than a sleeve of blue ink :shrug:
To be fair, they're a lot clearer than his legal arguments
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

I was checking on expert in FAs site for any updates and it seems the case files have been taken down, shocking! Well, I suppose its bad for business to publish all those wins.

Instead I stumbled across this gem of a news story from a while back:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-new ... ce-2899998
However, a letter was sent to the court which claimed to be from “The General Executor” of “The estate of James Mete”.

The two-page note - full of bizarre legal waffle - said that Mete’s “estate” admitted he had been in breach of the court order.

But when the probation service had requested a death certificate, none had been sent - and there is no record of any James Mete dying during the past year, the court was told.

Judge Nigel Van Der Bijl said “given the nature of the letter” the authorities were understandably “sceptical”.

but the amazing move to sideline justice had the usual FMOTL outcome:

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/ ... ete-12262/
Mike_p
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Mike_p »

SteveUK wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:19 am I was checking on expert in FAs site for any updates and it seems the case files have been taken down, shocking! Well, I suppose its bad for business to publish all those wins.

Instead I stumbled across this gem of a news story from a while back:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-new ... ce-2899998
However, a letter was sent to the court which claimed to be from “The General Executor” of “The estate of James Mete”.

The two-page note - full of bizarre legal waffle - said that Mete’s “estate” admitted he had been in breach of the court order.

But when the probation service had requested a death certificate, none had been sent - and there is no record of any James Mete dying during the past year, the court was told.

Judge Nigel Van Der Bijl said “given the nature of the letter” the authorities were understandably “sceptical”.

but the amazing move to sideline justice had the usual FMOTL outcome:

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/ ... ete-12262/
This update does give me the merest hint of a feeling of deja-vu! :)
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Steve

You missed the best bit, the sort of deadpan one-liner judges can sometimes rattle out;
Judge Nigel Van Der Bijl......told him: "This is just a mention hearing. Mr Mete, downstairs please. Thank you."
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

My humblest apologies!
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Seems the planners are also unimpressed by the 'illegal' waste site that is Larky Farm, the former abode of the Mete's

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/ ... ous-38486/

According to HF Developments, Mete’s mortgage company then repossessed the farm after he fell into arrears.

Attempts were made to auction the land last year for a guide price of £130,000. However, there was a legal disclaimer that anyone bidding for the land would do so at their own risk.

Clive Emson auctioneers were unable to give tours of the site due to “an encampment believed to be occupied by the defaulting borrower in the adjacent field”.

The farm was withdrawn from the auction after it emerged the terms of a Kent County Council enforcement order from 1999 stipulated a complete environmental clean-up of the site.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

The woo seems to be running through the whole families DNA
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Love the bit about the Probation Service writing to "Hippy Jim" Mete's address requesting a death certificate for Mr Mete. The clue lay in the very much un-dead Jim Mete responding with a letter asking why was it required, he didn't think he needed to send one!
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

more garbage from that nuthouse of a family

:beatinghorse:
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Duh! Makes my head hurt.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

I cannot actually read the text, any idea what this is supposed to be for?

There must be a large number of people who encounter these ideas, do a bit of checking and find out that they are totally useless. The ones that manage to avoid all common sense and past experience should be treasured for the raritiy, and usually self sacrificing rarities they are, all that effort, just for a laugh,
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

The original is here. Expert in FA has reposted the transcripts and added that whacko document. Unfortunately I cant seem to download the picture, so its a dodgy zoomed out screen shot.

http://expertinalllegalmatters.com/crow ... ranscripts

Scroll to the very bottom.

Stop press:- I've just noted the top transcript on that link is new material that pre dates the wonderous transcript we've already had.Only the Mete's involved, not that other bloke. Its some sort of pre trial hearing I think.

They challenge everything, including their nationality when asked.They all appear to be on bail as well, not sure for what as I thought it was a civil matter re:recycling. Perhaps they've been busy. The rest is the usual bluster about trying to arrange court dates.

EDIT:

This just uploaded whilst I was reading. Hopefully theres a new flurry of nonsense coming.

Expert in FA, representing their "trust" has just liened the court for £1m :mrgreen:
Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

They all appear to be on bail as well, not sure for what as I thought it was a civil matter re:recycling.
As far as I can work out, the Environment Agency are prosecuting them for breaches of waste regulations, so criminal.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Comrade Sharik wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:36 pm
They all appear to be on bail as well, not sure for what as I thought it was a civil matter re:recycling.
As far as I can work out, the Environment Agency are prosecuting them for breaches of waste regulations, so criminal.
Ah, thanks. Yes, I recall. Thought they were perhaps being sued.
Siegfried Shrink

It is a criminal matter involbing illegal dumping of waste. They seem to have used some farmland they own as a dumping site and the Environment Agency is not happy about this. Mr Swindells appears to have been the dumper and the Metes the dumped upon, as it were.
Not that the Metes were unhappy, they got well paid for ignoring all manner of legislation to Mr Swindell's advantage.
It would be hard to hide thousands of tons of rubble or whatever it was, so the case seems pretty open and shut. "Did you have a permit for this activity?" "No" "Guilty as charged"

It is impossible to predict what the Expert in FA think he can do in this case, although it is quite easy to predict it will be worse than useless.

Reclaiming brownfield sites for building is quite popular nowadays, but old factory sites may have several feet of contaminated soil that needs removing and it has to go somewhere. What the Environment Agency wants is not to have all manner of chemical contaminents leaching into the local groundwater, so supervision is theoretically strict, penaties are severe, and legal waste sites are expensive.
Last edited by Siegfried Shrink on Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
longdog

Post by longdog »

There's also the matter of Landfill Tax which has almost certainly not been paid and was probably the motivating factor behind the illegal dumping in the first place. It's currently just short of £90+VAT per tonne which means the amount owed would be astronomical.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Siegfried Shrink

That is true, I'd forgotten that aspect. Any value the land had would be far less than the penalties.
A google Earth view of the farmland shows what might be a couple of acres covered with dumped material.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:11 pm That is true, I'd forgotten that aspect. Any value the land had would be far less than the penalties.
A google Earth view of the farmland shows what might be a couple of acres covered with dumped material.
There's a photo here, they estimate about 5 Olympic sized swimming's pools worth.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/ ... ous-38486/
Siegfried Shrink

That is certainly a high risk bet for the developer. I'd not get into that mess without some pretty firm if covert assurances that the planning thing would go his way, whatever they are saying in public.

It really does not make a lot of sense otherwise. Cleaned up the land may be worth a tenth of the clean-up cost.