The Madness of the Metes

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

SteveUK
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Madness of the Metes

Post by SteveUK »

Your 'say it three times for the record' update.

Spolier alert, all 3 of them are on the run with warrants dangling over them.

It seems they tried the usual footler bullshit on the judge, but then sensed it going down hill so just legged it mid trial.

The trial continued and they were found guilty. Sentencing is being held off until they're rounded up and hauled back in.

How to make a mountain out of a rubbish hill.
:beatinghorse:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/faversham/ ... ly-200741/
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Colour me shocked and surprised. NOT!!!!! :roll:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

This was the one where the Expert in FA gave assistance, I think. Referrig back to the original published hearing and aerial photos, they were bang to rights anyway. When dragged into court, no doubt the FOTL stuff will stand them in good stead and they will be awarded 3 farthings out of public funds.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

A gun crook nicknamed Hippy Jim has appeared in court - two months after trying to swerve justice by pretending to be dead. Scruffy James Mete, 51, had forged a letter claiming to have passed on when he was due in the dock for skipping community service.

Mete arrived for his five-minute hearing to be told officially he now has to begin his one-year jail sentence. Judge Nigel Van Der Bijl said if Mete wanted to appeal the sentence he would have to formerly instruct lawyers and contact the Court of Appeal.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury ... ete-12262/

That's proper old-school judging there - "Mr Mete, downstairs please. Thank you" :lol: :lol:
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Since he's claiming to be dead, do they have to feed him for the year?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Hercule Parrot wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:27 amJudge Nigel Van Der Bijl said if Mete wanted to appeal the sentence he would have to formerly instruct lawyers and contact the Court of Appeal.
I think you meant formally, although it might be the case that it is too late to appeal the sentence....
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

Arthur Rubin wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:37 pm
Hercule Parrot wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:27 amJudge Nigel Van Der Bijl said if Mete wanted to appeal the sentence he would have to formerly instruct lawyers and contact the Court of Appeal.
I think you meant formally, although it might be the case that it is too late to appeal the sentence....
The quotation is verbatim from a Kent Online and unless corrected subsequently is their misinterpretation.

I think that the appeal Judge Van Der Bill May have been referring to was against the activation of the suspended sentence. The 12 month sentence for the firearms offences would seem appropriate under the circumstances. They were clear contraventions of the Firearms Act but criminal intent would seem to have been absent. The likelihood of Metes reoffending would have been assessed as low once the firearms had been removed, hence the decision to suspend. However a good measure of FOTL idiocy successfully ensured that a humane and sensible outcome was transformed into at least 6 months loss of liberty.

TheRambler
longdog

Post by longdog »

Arthur Rubin wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:37 pm
That was an earlier case with sentencing in 2014 and he was having his suspended sentence activated because of non-compliance with the community service. The sentence was handed down in 2012 so he would have had more chance of being wanked off by a snowman than getting anybody to give him the time of day with an appeal two years out of date.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Can he be charged over the fake death notice? That would seem to be a serious matter.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

grixit wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:47 am Can he be charged over the fake death notice? That would seem to be a serious matter.
Wasn't it only telling the court in that case that he was dead as an attempt to avoid prosecution? No worse than saying he wasn't the person being sought to be prosecuted, although in a more exotic way. I don't think he did anything else but even if he did, I doubt it would be worth prosecuting.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

grixit wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:47 am Can he be charged over the fake death notice? That would seem to be a serious matter.
It's on a par with him answering the door and saying "I don't know him, he's not here. I haven't seen him and I don't know where he is". He didn't actually make a register his death and in doing somake a false declaration; now that might be worth pursuing. However seeing as he is banged up anyway it's unlikely that any minor cahrges would be deemed in the public interest.

In other words, he's just not worth bothering about.

TheRambler
longdog

Post by longdog »

I have occasionally seen cases where people have been prosecuted for lying about qualifications when applying for jobs but I suppose that's a case where somebody can say "You made £XXXX through your fibbing which you wouldn't otherwise have made". That's why I rarely actually lie in job interviews... I just imply....

"Are you fully qualified?"

"Of course I am" (Without specifying what I'm qualified at)

It would be an odd world if everybody was prosecuted for telling porkies. Every convicted felon charged with perjury for claiming under oath "It wasn't me guv'nor. I was in church praying for world peace at the time" despite being caught red handed picking pockets at a police parade.

I suppose that's what makes perjury convictions so entertaining... Their rarity and of course a large dose of "serves you right".
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

You can't keep a good grift down!

Environment Agency investigating claims of illegal waste activity at Thirwell Farm in Hernhill near Faversham

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/faversham/ ... be-211006/

"Warrants for the arrests of the pair remain in place after they went missing during the trial."
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Not all that much activity since the Metes went on the run. But last month a newspaper revealed that at least two Metes have finally Met their Matches. The article starts promisingly;
A Faversham woman who went on the run in the hope of derailing a trial involving her family is behind bars.
Her sentence?
Lucy Mete had owned land on which an illegal dumping ground was run. But when her father, James, 57, and a sister, Billie, went on trial at Maidstone Crown Court, the 27-year-old went missing.

Now after handing herself into police after 10 months she has been sent to jail for 30 weeks.Mete began sobbing and screaming after realising she wouldn't receive a suspended sentence like sister Billie.

Her screams could be heard in the court at Maidstone for several minutes after Judge Martin Huseyin passed sentence for the breach of bail.

He had heard how Billie Mete, 27, who was sitting in the public gallery, had managed the facility with her and sister on land adjoining Thirwell Farm in Drove Lane, Hernhill.
A reminder of what all the fuss was about;
Lucy was found guilty in her absence of breaking environmental law following a six-day trial last year.

The Environment Agency prosecuted her father and his daughters after discovering 135 lorry-loads of soil and builders’ waste were being dumped and treated on the land between 2014 and 2016.

The work needed an environmental permit which it didn’t have.Lucy had owned part of Thirwell Farm, where she also lived, allowing her father to use the farm to deposit and treat the materials against the law.

In a letter to the judge Lucy claimed she had been given told by "a paid adviser" she could wreck the trial by staying away.
She should ask the 'adviser' for a bit of a refund.
The judge said he accepted her adviser - who was paid £400 a time - was "malignant and manipulative and unqualified" and had tried to disrupt the trial.

He said because of that he would reduce her sentence for both the illegal tipping and the breach of bail.

But he told her that she had owned part of the land and was fully aware of the illegal activity.

She then sobbed: "I've had no benefit whatsoever."

After passing the immediate 30-week sentence, she said: "Are you serious?"
Deadly, it would seem.

The article concludes;
As she was reluctantly led away, Billie shouted: "Why wasn't it suspended. I want to appeal."

Prosecutor Gordon Starkes told the court the trial had cost the Environmental Agency more than £40,000.

Chris Back, environment manager for the Environment Agency in Kent, said after the trial: "This was a deliberate breach of the law.

"James, Lucy and Billie Mete all knew their actions amounted to a criminal offence, but still allowed waste to be dumped, kept and treated at Thirwell Farm for a number of years with no permit from the Environment Agency."

The jury had heard how officers from the Environment Agency and police raided the farm following a number of reports of waste being tipped there. Officers found many large piles of waste soils and rubble, as well as machinery for processing it.

During the visit, environment officers turned back a lorry that had arrived to tip waste.

Both the lorry driver and the owner of a building supplies firm gave statements to the Environment Agency saying James Mete was their main contact at the farm.

On 10 July last year Billie Mete was sentenced to six-weeks in prison, suspended for two years.

She was also given 28 days in jail for breaching the terms of her bail by not attending court for sentence in March, but walked free from court having already served more than half this amount in custody.

James Mete still has to be dealt with.
Looks like just the dad - :Scum of the family :Bag - to be dealt with. He clearly gives not a shit about the fate of his two adult children.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

The judge said he accepted her adviser - who was paid £400 a time - was "malignant and manipulative and unqualified" and had tried to disrupt the trial.
Would I be wrong in thinking that, like Michael Gove, he'd had enough of 'experts'?
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

I wonder if this involved the Expertinfuckall? Has certain hallmarks of his hand at work.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

I wonder what "treatment" the waste got?

Dig a big hole & chuck it in I suspect.

Would it be wrong to assume that the Metes are fine upstanding members of the Travelling Community?