Known Bailiff Advisor Outed In Car Registration Scam

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Dutch Oven
Stowaway
Stowaway

Known Bailiff Advisor Outed In Car Registration Scam

Post by Dutch Oven »

Evening all. It's come to my attention that a well known advisor on bailiff problems has been (and may well still be) involved in a paid for service to allow your car to be registered at their mailbox address to allow you to avoid tickets and enforcement action.

I've been made aware that they have been subject to police involvement by charging clients for their Vehicle Excise Duty, paying for the duty at the post office, sending the client the disc, then cancelling the cheque, leaving the client unaware that their vehicle isn't taxed.

This came to light when one of their clients was pulled over for an unrelated issue and it was discovered their vehicle was untaxed. They were most displeased.

Due to a disc being involved, this particular incident must have been before they were phased out, however the scam is now much easier as you can do everything online. By hiding behind the mailbox, all correspondence, defaults and enforcement notices can be hidden from the client. Why would anyone want to pay for such a service?

I should add that this and further posts have been made in good faith.
Last edited by Dutch Oven on Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: Known Bailiff Advisor Outed In Car Registration Scam

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

This is old news. http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtop ... 52&t=11160 and others.
Don't start a new topic about this please unless you have some new verifiable information.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:10 pm Don't start a new topic about this please unless you have some new verifiable information.
Plus the fact that there are have been no tax discs in the UK since October 2014! Very suspect provenance.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Dutch Oven
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Dutch Oven »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:10 pm This is old news. http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtop ... 52&t=11160 and others.
Don't start a new topic about this please unless you have some new verifiable information.
Seems you've assumed who I mean. No, not Jason Bennison. This is something that has not been previously exposed.
Dutch Oven
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Dutch Oven »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:13 pm Plus the fact that there are have been no tax discs in the UK since October 2014! Very suspect provenance.
Indeed, as I said. This info has only just become known, but seeing as they are still operating the mailbox, it's reasonable to expect it's still happening.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Can we have more details then instead of cryptic clues please?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Dutch Oven
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Dutch Oven »

First off, I'm aware that this person posts on this forum and has, from what can see, been offered a degree of protection for want of a better word, despite continually offering misleading advice. It appears at face value that because they participate in the mocking of the fmotl crackpots that their shortcomings are glossed over.

This person also has about 20 failed businesses behind them, leaving others out of pocket yet amazingly never sees them lose out, as can be seen in their £1million pound country house.

This new information was given unprompted during conversations with the police whilst discussing a separate matter regarding this person. The police have no issue with this matter being in the public domain - as far as they're concerned it's a matter of public record and can be discussed under public interest due to this person's perceived importance in the bailiff advice sector. In fact, the officer finds it strange that this person so blithely continues despite these matters and the suspicious business closures.

I'm talking about Sheila Harding. It's telling that the mod's first instinct was to link this thread to Jason Bennison, given their history and again strengthens the impression that Sheila is protected on this forum.

Let's hope this thread is allowed to stay open as I fully expect Sheila to make comment.
TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TheHallouminati »

I take it Sheila Harding is 'Bungle'. But can you give us newcomers a bit more background please?
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Dutch Oven wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:01 pm

This new information was given unprompted during conversations with the police whilst discussing a separate matter regarding this person.
Instead of hearsay how about you provide verifiable evidence that proves your claim?
but seeing as they are still operating the mailbox, it's reasonable to expect it's still happening.
You have made an allegation of precisely one example of this happening. At this moment it is an unproven example. It is not reasonable to suspect this is still happening or indeed has ever happened.
If you are going to make serious allegations about members on here you should provide proof.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Dutch Oven
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Dutch Oven »

TheHallouminati wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:17 pm I take it Sheila Harding is 'Bungle'. But can you give us newcomers a bit more background please?
Yes she is Bungle but I believe she also has other accounts on here.

She runs an online service offering debtors advice on bailiff issues. However, over the years there have been links to her working with bailiff companies - one such occasion saw a debtor seeking her advice and the bailiff didn't have their current address. Sheila wanted the address to 'send information' to the debtor - the debtor was suspicious and with the help of another adviser gave Sheila a fake address (it was in fact the other adviser's address). The next morning the bailiff's duly turned up at the address.

Sheila is close to both Ron Clark and Steve Baker. Ron operates a scheme that mirrors the subject of this thread, offering a fake address service to register cars. Steve is a Guido Fawkes mask wearing activist helping others to evade driving penalties.

Sheila also runs a blog that amongst its subject matter openly goads and harasses a vulnerable man who she knows has attempted suicide on several occasions. Until a few years ago, Sheila was 'friends' with this person (I use the word friends lightly) until he became so tired and stressed of her calling him dozens of times a day trying to persuade him to make forum posts or set up websites attacking or defaming someone she considers a deadly rival. She also did the same to another vulnerable man with an acquired brain injury but tends to leave him alone now.

She considers him a rival in part as he offers for free a service she charges £45 a time for.
Dutch Oven
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Dutch Oven »

rumpelstilzchen wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:29 pm You have made an allegation of precisely one example of this happening. At this moment it is an unproven example. It is not reasonable to suspect this is still happening or indeed has ever happened.
If you are going to make serious allegations about members on here you should provide proof.
It's my understanding that of the three criminal convictions she has, two of them relate directly to this issue, both resulting in a court appearance and a fine. I can provide the press reports if needed. The other conviction is of a similar nature but appears to relate to her own vehicle.
rumpelstilzchen

Dutch Oven wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:36 pm

It's my understanding that of the three criminal convictions she has, two of them relate directly to this issue, both resulting in a court appearance and a fine. I can provide the press reports if needed.
Yes please.
The other conviction is of a similar nature but appears to relate to her own vehicle.
So that one is irrelevant.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Dutch Oven
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Dutch Oven »

rumpelstilzchen

Those two news reports do not prove your claim.
Big fail.
They do suggest she applied for a tax disc IN HER OWN NAME
If your fairy story was true the prosecution would have prosecuted the person who is the registered keeper.
The registered keeper would have had to return the tax disc, not Sheila Harding.
Another big fail for you.
BHF wrote:
Dutch Oven
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Dutch Oven »

rumpelstilzchen wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:46 pm Those two news reports do not prove your claim.
Big fail.
They do suggest she applied for a tax disc IN HER OWN NAME
If your fairy story was true the prosecution would have prosecuted the person who is the registered keeper.
The registered keeper would have had to return the tax disc, not Sheila Harding.
Another big fail for you.
As I said, protected.

I don't think you understand the nature of the 'service'. Sheila provides a mailbox address under her name (or a company name) to allow the owner of the car to have a false registered keeper. As far as DVLA were concerned, Sheila (or a company in her name) was the RK.

The conversation I had with the police revealed she was found out as one of her clients was pulled over for an unrelated issue and it was discovered the car was untaxed. The client was angry as they'd paid Sheila to get the tax disc, which she did but then cancelled her cheque. The client was unaware that Sheila had simply pocketed the tax disc money. Until being told this by the police, I had no idea that this was the depth of her 'service'.
rumpelstilzchen

I do not believe your story.
I have seen these schemes before. You register the vehicle at a company's address who provides this service. But it is your name that goes in the book at the company's address. That is perfectly lawful. No problems there.
The bit I don't believe is that they are all registered in Sheila Harding's name. She would be personally liable for insurance, tax, SORN, making sure every driver had a licence, parking tickets, red light offences, yellow box offences, dart crossing charges, toll charges etc etc on every car.
I call bullshit.
How do the owners of the vehicles insure their vehicle if it is registered in Sheila Harding's name?

BTW.......you still have not provided proof of your claim......just sayin......
BHF wrote:
Dutch Oven
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Dutch Oven »

All I know is what the police told me unprompted and the coincidence of the criminal fines. The police had no reason to tell me what they did and seemed to assume I already knew what had happened with the client.

It seems you are happy with someone offering a service for a fee that allows complete strangers to register their cars at a false address that they have no links to for the sole purpose of avoiding lawful penalties. Make no mistake, that is the sole purpose of this scheme as Ron freely advertises.
rumpelstilzchen

Dutch Oven wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:19 pm All I know is what the police told me unprompted and the coincidence of the criminal fines. The police had no reason to tell me what they did and seemed to assume I already knew what had happened with the client.
Hearsay. End of.
It seems you are happy with someone offering a service for a fee that allows complete strangers to register their cars at a false address that they have no links to for the sole purpose of avoiding lawful penalties.

It is lawful.
If you believe a RK must register their vehicle at the address they live at...... then show me that law.
Make no mistake, that is the sole purpose of this scheme as Ron freely advertises.
Indeed. But, and it is a big but, the only way the scheme can work is if you register your car at the company's address IN YOUR OWN NAME. That way you can escape parking tickets etc etc. You can't escape criminal stuff like speeding under that scheme. Registering the car in Sheila Harding's name at an address where she can be physically contacted defeats the object. That is why it must be in your name. That is why I knew your story was bullshit.
BHF wrote:
Dutch Oven
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Dutch Oven »

Again, all I can repeat is what the police told me. I had no clue that she was running such a scheme, uncovered after the client discovered Sheila had pocketed the tax disc money, until they mentioned it to me.

Clearly you are one of Sheila's stooges, I don't know, maybe even the FMOTL activist Steve Baker himself. Nothing to say on her blog that harasses a vulnerable adult?
rumpelstilzchen

Dutch Oven wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:33 pm Again, all I can repeat is what the police told me. I had no clue that she was running such a scheme, uncovered after the client discovered Sheila had pocketed the tax disc money, until they mentioned it to me.
You are just repeating your unproven allegations.
Do you think if you repeat it enough times people might start to believe you? I should warn you, standards on here are much higher than that.
Clearly you are one of Sheila's stooges,
Hahahaha.
I know nothing about her. I am only interested in truth, not fairy stories. Perhaps you should try that one day?
I don't know, maybe even the FMOTL activist Steve Baker himself.

I can honestly say I have never heard of him.
Nothing to say on her blog that harasses a vulnerable adult?
Right.....so your "registration scam" story has failed so now you want to attack her in another way. How fucking typical. You must be that Tuco or whatever his name was. He hated her too. LOL
BHF wrote: