The comedy court of Common Law

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

John Uskglass
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The comedy court of Common Law

Post by John Uskglass »

I'm sure we've all been waiting with bated breath for the result of the case against Mr Farrington#

https://commonlawcourt.com/cases/#flipbook-df_5813/12/

The Committee for Public Safety Common Law Court has also published the findings of a hearing against multiple 'defendants' for multiple crimes as a handy flip book. From Blackburn to Gottingen, nowhere escapes the reach of the People.

https://commonlawcourt.com/cases/#flipbook-df_5386/3/
longdog

Post by longdog »

Looking forward to the further action to enforce the judgement :shrug:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

longdog wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:13 pm Looking forward to the further action to enforce the judgement :shrug:
Exactly the problem I noted in the discussion I started on Naomi Arbabi. She was a Vancouver lawyer who sued a neighbour over a trivial issue and planned to sue her in a fake court run by Arbabi herself. I noted that while Arbabi was guaranteed a win there was always the problem of enforcing the judgment. Arbabi, foreseeing the same issue, had that one covered;
3 - Given the marked deck Arbabi has set up she’s guaranteed herself a win but this presents her with a problem. She still has to somehow be able to legally enforce the damages awarded to her by the naomi arbabi court. This was always a critical weakness with the British Common Law Courts. They merrily pumped out reams of court orders but everyone just ignored them and they had no way of enforcing them. However Lentz, with his legal genius, figured out a solution. Once the naomi arbari court has issued its order Naomi will graciously allow the Supreme Court of British Columbia to take over the case and reissue the naomi arbari court order as a Supreme Court of British Columbia court order backed by the full enforcing powers of that court.
It worked as well as you'd expect. The Supreme Court of British Columbia took a chainsaw to Arbabi and not only did she lose the case she lost her law designation and her legal practice.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=12395
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Burnaby49 wrote:It worked as well as you'd expect. The Supreme Court of British Columbia took a chainsaw to Arbabi and not only did she lose the case she lost her law designation and her legal practice.
I take it Canada no longer allows for drawing and quartering.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

In a nutshell, the Farrington case seems to be thus:
- a snakeoil salesman (Farrington) pitched his snakeoil product to HHJ Smith;
- HHJ Smith promoted the snakeoil to CLC members;
- CLC members bought the snakeoil from Farrington;
- Farrington kept all the money for himself and didn't split it with HHJ Smith;
- when HHJ Smith said "where's my money?" Farrington said "Ha ha, ha, f**k you" and deleted the CLC websites;

HHJ Smith also reiterates, several times, that there was never any contract between Farrington and CLC. He fails to connect the dots here...
SpearGrass
Pirate
Pirate

Post by SpearGrass »

HHJ Smith has boxed himself into a corner here - if he were to take action in a real court the defendant could plead that the case has already been decided. While the County Court wouldn't recognise a judgement of the Common Law Court, to rebut the defence Smith would have to admit it isn't a real court.

I can also foresee that if he complained to the police, the CPS review would end with the police's assessment of the reliability of the prosecution witnesses.

As we see all over this part of the forum, pseudolawyers tend to be susceptible to scammers (Neelu Berry, Elizabeth Watson), I suppose because of their ability to believe 7 impossible things before breakfast.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

I noted on the CLC website that there's a PayPal account. Didn't PayPal shut down Peter of England's scam? They might be interested in someone selling fake birth certificates, title deeds, car insurance and his imaginary Cruinn currency.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

mufc1959 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:02 am I noted on the CLC website that there's a PayPal account. Didn't PayPal shut down Peter of England's scam? They might be interested in someone selling fake birth certificates, title deeds, car insurance and his imaginary Cruinn currency.
Interesting. The whole reason he went crypto was because PayPal froze his account and requested business information, which they do when a personal account is doing business transactions.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

hucknallred wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:53 am Interesting. The whole reason he went crypto was because PayPal froze his account and requested business information, which they do when a personal account is doing business transactions.
Probably more to it than that. I have a Paypal account which I use for both personal and business. Personal counts as a "gift", I think it comes down to whether you are conning Paypal into not taking their cut for clear business transactions.

I probably need to check the terms of service!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Probably more to it than that. I have a Paypal account which I use for both personal and business. Personal counts as a "gift", I think it comes down to whether you are conning Paypal into not taking their cut for clear business transactions.

I probably need to check the terms of service!
I used to run the eBay account in a previous job, for absolutely no reason PayPal would hold your funds and request proof that we were a real company.
This could be in many forms, a supplier invoice, directors names, some documents from Companies house etc.

Pretty sure this is what stopped him in his tracks. At the very minimum he'd have needed to register with HMRC as self employed and give them his UTR (Unique Taxpayer Reference for the 'merkins).