Freeman of the Year 2018

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

BankofSwissindo
Swabby
Swabby

Re: Freeman of the Year 2018

Post by BankofSwissindo »

Before tonight's deadline, we'd would like to nominate ourselves for "FOTLer Banking Services Provider of the Year".

Sure it's a crowded field, The Touchy-Giraffe Credit Onion and Shrout Savings and Moan are worthy competitors, but we've seen off WeRe Screwed Bank in the UK and we have idiots customers all around the world including Indonesia, Australia, Ecuador, UK, USA and our new branch has just opened in South Africa making losing your home available to everyone.

Unfortunately our Chief Financial Officer is unable to take your call right now.
Siegfried Shrink
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

I remember, that was the chap who used care funds from an insurance pay out to his mother as his own personal piggy bank till the funds ran out, then wanted to sell her house and spend the proceeds. He'd do well in a 'most despicable' category.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

I’m so excited for this!

I hope my nomination wins something bless him! He’s had the begging bowl out so many times he needs this big award!
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Well, almost midnight here at Der Dachshundbünker, so nominations are closed. We'll be counting up, evaluating, laughing and otherwise tabulating results which will be announced at this weekend. :mrgreen:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
ManontheClaphamBus
Swabby
Swabby

Post by ManontheClaphamBus »

But if there was an award for the longest web page, that would surely win hands down.
Good grief.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:08 pm I remember, that was the chap who used care funds from an insurance pay out to his mother as his own personal piggy bank till the funds ran out, then wanted to sell her house and spend the proceeds. He'd do well in a 'most despicable' category.
I couldn't stand the sight of my own mother, an attitude shared almost universally, but even I had the decency to wait until Satan got round to claiming her before I spent my inheritance. :mrgreen:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Winners will be announced by end of the weekend and the RE gift card posted to them.

I would've tallied them up already but I'm too busy drunk on a Vietnamese beach.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Right, drum roll, time for the count up!!!1!!!

Now, we didn't get nominations for every category, but a quick tally of the scores on the doors reveals:

Best newcomer
Hands down, Crabbie was the peoples choice. Stumbling from one disaster to another, it wouldn't be FOTY without him. He finally has a win to add to his trophy cabinet.

Biggest loss
Again, all the sensible REs were on Crabbie. Tying to mess about the administrator which has simply led to the loss of his rental empire, and shortly his own home.

Fake court of the year
We actually had 3 nominations (CLC,OPG,Cocoa Interspace). As bonkers as they all are, I think we all agree that this years fake court award is heading to Judge Smith. Who else has single handedly bought down the council tax system????

Most rehashed 'remedy'
Dean Renshaw, another peoples favourite, collects the award for most rehashed remedy, and thus by proxy, the PLD crew. Of course it'll work this time Deano, you really guessed the right combination of magic words. Then got arrested.

Worst website
A tricky one, close to call between CLC,OPG and Expert in FA. I think, on balance, expert in FA has provided the most entertainment, so Mr S Binch - you win !!!!!!

Best eviction
The crowd seemed split between Rekha, Neelu and Crabbie. I think Crabbie might be a contender for 2019, but so far has failed to shine in this department. Rekha I guess wasn't technically an eviction but an arrest for squatting. Thus we are awarding Neelu this valued award. Bonus points added for the scene at the auction house.

Funniest garbage said to a judge
Again, 3 contenders seem to emerge, EWE,Rekah and the Metes - my personal favourite. However, the crowd speaks, and I'm glad to announce this award is going to equity lawyer supremo, EWE!!!!!

The Guy Taylor memorial lifetime achievement award.
No contest here, you voted, you got. Neelu's long term commitment to the cause, eviction, hoaxted involvement...you name it, shes done it. So come on down!

Best fmotl husband and wife team.
Only one nomination here, so Dean and Hazel pick up the FMOTL couple of the year award.

Fmotl of the year haircut award
Belanger, simply for his ridiculous facial hair, as nominated by our own Burnaby49!

The hoaxted medal.
This one has to goto Sabine McNeil. Found guilty, and looking at a very long stretch. We salute the Hoaxted Author's for their excellent coverage and analysis.

So, thats that, we just need to nominate the FMOTY.

We cannot avoid it. The clear peoples choice, the hero of PLD,CLC and many other crap theories, its Robert "Crab Bait' White. Well done !!!!!1!!!!!

So there we have it. 2018 has ended and we've spoke with all of FMOTL Ghosts past, present and future. I wish you all a happy new year, and heres to some more madness for the following year.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I'm not sure Crabert White qualifies as a 'Newcomer' but this is after all the UK end of Q where most rules are considered guidelines to be stretched or completely ignored on a whim and therefore I won't demand a recount.

I'm already confident that Yolande Kenwood (also not really a newcomer to be honest) will take the crown for 2019. I expect big things from her in the year to come with a good chance of a restraining order and a better class of section than the previous, and somewhat amateurish, Sec 135... Either a 135 with a 5(2) or maybe even the holy-grail of a Sec 3.

Can we hope for a jail term for harassment or contempt? I would bet the farm on it but I certainly wouldn't bet against it.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Yolanda will likely be in a straight jacket for FotY 2019. I feel a new category coming on....
longdog

Post by longdog »

Apparently her last Section 135 resulted in her being found to be delusional but not suffering from a recognised mental illness so they had to let her go. She's now adding the sectioning to her already bulging sack of conspiracies against her by Maidstone BC, Kent CC, Kent police, the NHS, the masons, uncle Tom Cobbly and all.

There are a lot of parallels with Neelu who has, if memory serves, been found delusional but not holdable on a section. I suppose we should be grateful as it means the courts can deal with them and their harassment and general fuckwittery a la Sabine... If they ever get around to it that is.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Let's face it, you'd have to do (or have potential to do) something amazingly bad to get sectioned. So, let the pseudo law circus continue on its merry deluded way!!! 1!!!
longdog

Post by longdog »

SteveUK wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:00 pmLet's face it, you'd have to do (or have potential to do) something amazingly bad to get sectioned.
Sadly true and if you actually want to be admitted voluntarily you can pretty much forget it. Mental health care in this country is in a permanent state of crisis and getting worse. All of the government promises to properly fund it over the last half a century have added up to nothing.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

SteveUK wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:10 pm Yolanda will likely be in a straight jacket for FotY 2019. I feel a new category coming on....
I think the piss drinking Anthony Wayne Abel will give her a run for her money!

Who won Freeman of the Year las year ??
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

I think Guy Taylor..
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

longdog wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:01 pm Sadly true and if you actually want to be admitted voluntarily you can pretty much forget it.* Mental health care in this country is in a permanent state of crisis and getting worse. All of the government promises to properly fund it over the last half a century have added up to nothing.
* I believe you are in with a chance if you are threatening to really kill yourself very soon, but otherwise completely agree.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

AndyPandy wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:21 pm Who won Freeman of the Year las year ??
We didn't agree on anyone but Crabby White was a popular choice. Guy Taylor was nominated for the Lifetime Achievement Award, a bit of a "commentator's curse" of a nomination.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog

Post by longdog »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:41 pm * I believe you are in with a chance if you are threatening to really kill yourself very soon, but otherwise completely agree.
A chance but probably not more than that. I've lost count of the number of people in Hull who've died at their own hands in the last year after being failed by crisis services.

I'm currently going through the seasonal battle with the DWP and Atos and the attitude of both is that if you've been discharged from crisis care you are miraculously cured and not their problem...., No points. I'm struggling hard with the mandatory consideration submission as I'm finding it hard not to use the expression "pig ignorant fuck-knuckle" or 'living in a fantasy world".

Mind you... I did find amusing the bit in the decision where he said "Not currently receiving mental health care which he says is effective"... What? :lol:

Oh... And then there's the bit about my supposed incontinence for which I got no points... That was a relief because I've not shit myself for quite some time. Another flight of fantasy from the DWP :snicker:
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

SteveUK wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:40 amSo there we have it. 2018 has ended and we've spoke with all of FMOTL Ghosts past, present and future. I wish you all a happy new year, and heres to some more madness for the following year.
Wonderful to see the elite, semi-pro British talent being recognised. As our nation approaches the challenges of Brexit, climate change and social division, these are the heroes who will step forward to lead and inspire us.

And role models too, for the countless youngsters who are entering Freemonging at the amateur regional levels. Who can forget young Spartacus Renshaw, applauding proudly as his father simultaneously took the award and the 30,000 volts. It brings a lump to the throat. And remember, kids - if you train hard to resist all learning or understanding, and hone your unwarranted sense of belligerent entitlement, one day you could be on that stage receiving your own awards!

Many thanks to the committee and organisers, this year's ceremony has been a great success (I assume we have notified any winners who couldn't be there, and invited them to record a video acceptance speech?)
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Hercule Parrot wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:42 pm
SteveUK wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:40 amSo there we have it. 2018 has ended and we've spoke with all of FMOTL Ghosts past, present and future. I wish you all a happy new year, and heres to some more madness for the following year.
Wonderful to see the elite, semi-pro British talent being recognised. As our nation approaches the challenges of Brexit, climate change and social division, these are the heroes who will step forward to lead and inspire us.

And role models too, for the countless youngsters who are entering Freemonging at the amateur regional levels. Who can forget young Spartacus Renshaw, applauding proudly as his father simultaneously took the award and the 30,000 volts. It brings a lump to the throat. And remember, kids - if you train hard to resist all learning or understanding, and hone your unwarranted sense of belligerent entitlement, one day you could be on that stage receiving your own awards!

Many thanks to the committee and organisers, this year's ceremony has been a great success (I assume we have notified any winners who couldn't be there, and invited them to record a video acceptance speech?)
I'm glad you enjoyed the FOTY 2018 awards, it makes all the effort semi drunken posts worthwhile!!!1!!!!

Whilst I cant send Crabbie his prize directly, I'll leave it here so he can deposit it at his bank any time he sees fit.