Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Post by TheNewSaint »

TBL wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:07 pm OK, I have to ask, what does "shook a seven" mean?
My dog made a number seven. That's three 2s and a 1.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Do we know this lady? Seems to communicate only by Youtube, which I dislike so I've not gone much further than looking at the titles. Seems to cover everything though, Promissory Notes, UCC, Birth Certificates, Flat Earth, TV Licence, Cestui Que Vie, Bills of Exchange, Chemtrails. I thought I saw Magna Carta as well. Plus her life as a "targetted individual" as illustrated (I think) by videos of her neighbour cutting the grass or putting his bins out for collection.

https://www.youtube.com/user/81evie/vid ... &flow=grid
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

aesmith wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:09 pm Do we know this lady?
Evie Williams does appear tangentally. She's on the blocked list of Baron Ward! :Axe:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

I think she is actually a comedian doing some sort of parody or send up.

Taking off Youtube nutters is a recognised sub-genre of observational comedy, recognised by me anyway.

The most gratifying thing for the practitioners is being mistaken for a genuine nutcase.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:50 pm I think she is actually a comedian doing some sort of parody or send up.
I want to say "Yeah that". Shades of Catherine Tate.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AnOwlCalledSage

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:50 pm The most gratifying thing for the practitioners is being mistaken for a genuine nutcase.
Poe's Law.

Well, that was my take when the BankOfSwissindo received an official Quatloos warning :whistle:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
AnOwlCalledSage

A "free car park"? A post referencing an oxymoron with the emphasis on the moron!
Kev McKenzie Getting harassed by bailiffs for £350 because I parked in a (free car park) on private land in a disabled bay without a blue badge, as far as I'm.aware blue badges are not valid on private land.should I pay up and do the bailiffs have any legal right to demand this money.
Assuming it is private land, if he gets decent advice he will not have to pay that ridiculous amount, but he's asking a bunch of eejits!
AnOwlCalledSage

I'm not sure whether we have a straw man or a paranoid schizophrenic posting here!
John Johnson
Got a big problem mate and I mean a big problem. That fictitious person that is supposed to be me has stop speaking to anyone, even me. Now I know who he is he's stopped answering any letters even though I have told him I will not do it for him anymore. When I get letters in the post with the Mr or in Caps I put them down next to my birth certificate and he just will not answer them. When people come to me door I pass them a copy of the birth certificate ( as the original is on the stock market ) and he still will not talk. What can I do it's him they are wanting and are referring to not me the human. I even put some jump leads on my van and attached it to the certificate, with know joy off getting it to talk. I feel so lonely and betrayed at the same time BUT who needs friends like him that has been conning me for all these years, letting me believe that I was him. I have been honest with him for a few years now and even told him that if full disclosure is not given in any contract then it becomes void, so the birth certificate, driving licence, mortgage, utility bills, all acts and statutes, plus many other things are ALL VOID. Yes you guest it he still does not talk to me. What can I do to get this birth certificate to be responsible to his own debt, Any help would be appreciated on getting this certificate to respond to his letters.

On the other hand, it could be someone having a laugh!
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:53 pm A "free car park"? A post referencing an oxymoron with the emphasis on the moron!
Kev McKenzie Getting harassed by bailiffs for £350 because I parked in a (free car park) on private land in a disabled bay without a blue badge, as far as I'm.aware blue badges are not valid on private land.should I pay up and do the bailiffs have any legal right to demand this money.
Assuming it is private land, if he gets decent advice he will not have to pay that ridiculous amount, but he's asking a bunch of eejits!
Parking in a disabled bay, then belly aching about the fine, I hope they take his car, the twat !
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:53 pm A "free car park"? A post referencing an oxymoron with the emphasis on the moron!
The advice pre 2012 before The Protection Of Freedoms act came in, was to ignore private parking tickets as very few firms took a punt in small claims court.

After this the game changed somewhat with keeper liability. Sadly, the eejits still promote the ignore tactic.

If he's at £350, he's not only ignored the ticket & chasing letters, he's ignored court papers too. Foolish.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:03 pm
On the other hand, it could be someone having a laugh!
I'm going with the above, link please, I need to see the comments.
AnOwlCalledSage

hucknallred wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:04 pm I'm going with the above, link please, I need to see the comments.
Can't link to the individual post as I'm not on Facebook but it's on https://www.facebook.com/groups/council ... 927904322/. There have been 39 comments at the time of this post.

Plenty of other nuttiness on there so I'm being selective!
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I agree it could be either, but it is too coherent and quite frankly clever to be real.

Mr Johnson on the other hand is deep in the woo and the doo doo. I have a feeling his idea of what a private property parking lot and reality are two entirely different places. I generally take most of what that crowd claims as fact with large doses of pseudo NaCl. I think he'd better pay his fine before his car gets taken or he goes to jail,
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

hucknallred wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:03 pm
The advice pre 2012 before The Protection Of Freedoms act came in, was to ignore private parking tickets as very few firms took a punt in small claims court.

After this the game changed somewhat with keeper liability. Sadly, the eejits still promote the ignore tactic.

If he's at £350, he's not only ignored the ticket & chasing letters, he's ignored court papers too. Foolish.
This is what Massachusetts has to say about misuse of handicap placards:

To report disability parking abuse, you will need to provide:

the vehicle's license plate number
location of the abuse
description of the vehicle
description of the person abusing the disability parking
description of activity leading you to believe this is a case of parking abuse
Please keep in mind that not all disabilities are visible to an observer (e.g., heart disease), so file a disability parking abuse only if you have some reason to believe abuse has taken place.

Misuse can come in several forms, for example:

using someone else's disabled placard, or parking in a disabled spot with a disability plate and the disabled person not present
using an expired placard
using an old style Indefinite placard, which has not been valid for use since 2008
making a counterfeit placard, photocopying, or altering an existing one
A customer found to be misusing a placard is subject to fines, loss of placard parking privileges, and even license suspension. Misuse of a disability plate or placard may result in suspension or revocation of the plate or placard. Police departments can confiscate placards that are being abused and request that the RMV immediately cancel the placard.

The Registrar will suspend for 30 days the license or right to operate of a person who misuses a disability plate or placard. Anyone who wrongfully displays a disability placard is subject to a fine of $500 to $1000.

https://www.mass.gov/doc/parking-abuse- ... s/download

Most handicap spaces are on private property. I'd say that this law covers them:

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralL ... /Section21

Look in Clause 23.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

The rules for disabled parking placards vary by jurisdiction. I'm pretty conversant about the law in Alberta since my wife has one. In our province the placard belongs to the person, not the vehicle. In other words, so long as I am dropping her off, or picking her up, I can park in disabled parking, even if I am the driver. There are people who abuse this privilege however. My claim to fame, after dropping off my wife, and noting that all the disabled parking spots were occupied by taxis sans drivers, was to take a comfortable seat on the hood of one of them. Yes he could park there if he was dropping off or picking up a disabled person, but he wasn't, along with the other taxis I purposely blocked in with my truck. Yes, words were exchanged and local constabulary got involved. :Axe:
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

There's private and there's private.

Stores and apartment buildings are privately owned but serve the public. That means that the law infringes on the owners' property rights by requiring them to have handicap spaces in their parking, and then punishes the public if they misuse them.

Otoh, a homeowner, or the management of a small members only club, are free to reserve a space or not. But if they do and someone breaks the rules, there is no legal punishment, just a towaway.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

eric wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:30 am The rules for disabled parking placards vary by jurisdiction. I'm pretty conversant about the law in Alberta since my wife has one. In our province the placard belongs to the person, not the vehicle. In other words, so long as I am dropping her off, or picking her up, I can park in disabled parking, even if I am the driver. There are people who abuse this privilege however. My claim to fame, after dropping off my wife, and noting that all the disabled parking spots were occupied by taxis sans drivers, was to take a comfortable seat on the hood of one of them. Yes he could park there if he was dropping off or picking up a disabled person, but he wasn't, along with the other taxis I purposely blocked in with my truck. Yes, words were exchanged and local constabulary got involved. :Axe:
My wife also has one. If we are in our car together, and I stop to go into a store, I cannot put up the placard, unless my wife also comes inside.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
longdog

Post by longdog »

If a private land-owner wants to have spaces reserved for Blue Badge holders and levy a charge against non holders who park in them I don't see any legal reason why they can't do so.

They could have bays reserved for red cars, pre-1930 cars or cars with amusingly shaped dents that look like the part of a gentleman only seen by his butler, his doctor and the scullery maid / footman if they wanted. It's their land, their rules.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

In the UK the Equality Act obliges companies to make reasonable allowance for disabled people. I'm paraphrasing, you can read the original for the exact wording Equality Act 2010

The private parking argument is that the duty to make reasonable allowance exists, and if the company does this by marking specific reserved "Disabled Parking" spaces then these should be available to any disabled person. It can be further argued that having or not having a Blue Badge does not define whether a person is or is not disabled, as that would be a matter of fact.

Plenty of these cases have been successfully defended on this basis. However that is too fair and sensible for the FMOTL who are almost guaranteed to try completely hopeless arguments.
Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

and the scullery maid / footman if they wanted.
A grammar pedant writes....

Historically, I'm not sure that the servant classes were necessarily given a choice regarding such matters.