Jon Paterson, Man of the People

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Jon Paterson, Man of the People

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Late update:

"Paterson has changed his plea to guilty on three of the five counts on the indictment."

Even later update:

It looks as though last week Paterson was planning to plead guilty. He would have still missed the maximum 33% of the tariff deadline which is the pre-trial plea hearing, but he could still have got up to 25% off if he pled guilty when EWE suggested that he was going to.

It would seem that Andy Devine talked him out of it. Pleading guilty on the first day of a trial means the maximum tariff reduction is 10%, although judges are entitled to take a dim view of it and give you none.

Bravo Andy. Bravo! :snicker:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

Deleted - double post
Last edited by CrankyBoomer on Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

Do we know what's happening about the two counts JP isn't pleading guilty on, Sage?
AnOwlCalledSage

I guess as there has been a guilty plea, we are now out of sub-judice and contempt.

He pled guilty to 2 counts of Harassment with a threat of violence and one count of Malicious Communication.

Protection from Harassment Act 1997 4A(1) (as amended by the Policing and Crime Act 2017) means that he faces up to 10 years on each count.

The Malicious Communications Act 1988 has a maximum sentence of 2 years.

A US report would say that he faces up to 22 years in jail, but it is usual in the UK for sentences to be concurrent as people are sentenced for the totality of the actions. (e.g. a career thief wouldn't get life in prison for committing hundreds of thefts that each would get a 6 month sentence, they'd be sentenced with being a big fat thief as the totality of the case)

Unfortunately the only sentencing guidelines on this offence are for the magistrates court (it is triable both ways), but I would suggest from what I know, he is in the highest culpability category. We are talking hundreds of emails, videos and posts. I don't know if any of the posts he pled guilty to was racially or religiously aggravated.

For those new to this, he is a virulent anti-Semite who has threatened people in the past with sending his "gangster" pals around and feeding them into a woodchipper. Whether he actually has those friends is irrelevant to the perceived threat if that threat was felt by the victims.

Re: The other two offences. I suspect that they would not result in a further increased sentence and we only have the words of that proven liar Andy Devine to suggest what they were.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:43 am For those new to this, he is a virulent anti-Semite who has threatened people in the past with sending his "gangster" pals around and feeding them into a woodchipper. Whether he actually has those friends is irrelevant to the perceived threat if that threat was felt by the victims.
Isn't he the one who claimed to have connection to South London crime families?

I don't know much about organised crime families but I have known one minor member of a South London crime family, who was exiled / pensioned off to Kent for drawing too much attention to their "organisation" through his drunken dickheadery, and I'm pretty sure that he's full of shit.

As if any serious villain is going to get involved in the squabbles of a big-mouthed internet nutter. What's in it for them except the very real possibility of getting their collars felt?

Perhaps he means "gang" in the street-chav sense.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

longdog wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:04 pm Isn't he the one who claimed to have connection to South London crime families?
Yes. He's a fantasist. Unfortunately a violent fantasist. That he has been egged on by Neelu, EddieIsOK, Devine, Cant etc. is irrelevant. He has personally said he would physically harm people. His imaginary criminal compadres are moot.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

But but but! J;:;P was going to use the occasion of his trial to bring down the establishment. Bye bye BBC. Farewell the long list of his enemies.

So how then did it all end, not with the fall of the Executive but with him pleading guilty to harassment?

His poisonous mate Clown Devine has been bleating away on YT about the huge conspiracy facing Paterson, who, like EWE is another member of a nonexistent Royal Commission but it all looks like hot air given that JP has thrown his hand in.

Clown makes the usual unfounded and outrageous allegations safe from his Greek hidey-hole, slandering right and left but it’s impotence and fulminations writ large. He mustn’t have much going on in his life, preoccupied as he is with events thousands of miles away.

I am assuming JP had competent counsel at court and proper legal representation in the run up to this so the decision to plead must be Paterson’s and his alone. How will the crazy gang reconcile his decision given their skewed world-view?

So the next question is are we running a book on the sentence he’ll get? Sabine McNeill got 9 for similar offences, would it be too much to hope he will exceed her?
longdog

Post by longdog »

Unlikely given that the S McN case directly involved harassment of families with children and, if memory serves, thumbing her nose at the court.

My guess would be a couple of years tops.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

longdog wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:24 pm Unlikely given that the S McN case directly involved harassment of families with children and, if memory serves, thumbing her nose at the court.

My guess would be a couple of years tops.
McNeill also breached a court order, but her base offences were comparable in terms of maximum sentence. He directly harassed people.

He has two threat of violence charges which McNeill didn't. Both have a maximum of ten years. If either of them involved racial/religious aggravation he would be at the top end (and given his hatred of Jews and I don't know all victims, it could be in play). However, the scale of his harassment would be probative.

If I was to stick a finger in the air, given what I know, I'd predict 5 years (but that's what I predicted for Sabine so what do I know). That would give him another year in prison and two and a half years out on licence. With Devine egging him on he'd be back inside within a couple of months.
El Coyote
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by El Coyote »

CrankyBoomer wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:23 am Do we know what's happening about the two counts JP isn't pleading guilty on, Sage?
Hi there.

It was a plea deal, so basically he accepted guilt on two charges of STALKING INVOLVING SERIOUS ALARM OR DISTRESS contrary to section 4A (1)(a)and b(ii) of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and one charge of SENDING ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS WITH INTENT TO CAUSE DISTRESS OR ANXIETY contrary to Section 1(a) of the Malicious Communications Act 1988.

In exchange, he was given a "not guilty" on two charges of STALKING INVOLVING FEAR OF VIOLENCE contrary to section 4A (1)(a)and b(i) of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

As one of his stalking victims, I can tell you that a great deal of anti-Semitic, homophobic, and trans-phobic material was involved.

p.s. This is my first post here, so if I've mucked it up in any way, let me know!
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Welcome El Coyote

You’ve not mucked up - we are honoured to have internet royalty in our midst!

I’m glad another horrible and inadequate shit, full of hate and viscous anti Semitic bile will be spending more time at Her Majesty’s pleasure.

I hope this brings you a certain degree of closure.
AnOwlCalledSage

El Coyote wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:45 pm Hi there.
Thanks El.

I've tried to keep the thread up to date without stepping on the judicial process, but I'm glad that you feel free to post now. It's been too long!
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Welcome aboard El Coyote.

We're not worthy!
El Coyote
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by El Coyote »

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! :)

As Sage notes, I've been unable to post anything about this case since Paterson was arrested on 5 November 2019. In fact, that was the reason for my closing the Hoaxtead Research blog: I could not risk any potential breach of the sub judicerules, and it seemed wiser just to close the whole thing down. And then the plague hit, the courts got backed up, and "a few months" stretched into "a year and a half".
SpearGrass
Pirate
Pirate

Post by SpearGrass »

How very nice to see you again Coyote.

I'm going to take a punt here, and admit I too got McNeill's sentence wrong by a few years, but I have a feeling that Paterson will get a sentence which will allow for his release quite soon. He's been remanded for over a year, so that's 2 years' worth of already served. And it's fairly clear that his legal representatives have explained to him that if he pleads guilty, gets some charges dropped in return, and partial credit for the plea, covid discount, and doesn't make everything worse by attacking the victims etc, age, mental health etc, (and, they will be privily thinking, reveals as little of himself to the judge as possible), he's likely to be out of there quite quickly.

Of course their assessment might also be awry, but I'm with the Owl on this one, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were lower.

And I also wouldn't be surprised to be surprised, as I was with McNeill.
SteveD
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by SteveD »

I was about to post the Hoaxtead stuff, but I see E.C.beat me over here LOL
AnOwlCalledSage

SpearGrass wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:39 pm And it's fairly clear that his legal representatives have explained to him that if he pleads guilty, gets some charges dropped in return, and partial credit for the plea, covid discount, and doesn't make everything worse by attacking the victims etc, age, mental health etc, (and, they will be privily thinking, reveals as little of himself to the judge as possible), he's likely to be out of there quite quickly.
Reading between the lines of Edward Ellis's gibberish, it looks like Paterson was going to plead guilty before the trial.

Thursday before trial:
EWE Blog wrote:Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:37 amHearsay Evidence raises Reasonable Suspicions of Trial Fraud Blackmail against Citizen Mr Paterson to get a False Guilty Plea at the 2019 0160 + 0861 Trial at Guildford Crown Court on Monday 26th April 2021.
Then I suspect he spoke to Andy Devine (which we know he has been doing and I think is the 'hearsay' EWE that refers to), because the trial actually started with no guilty plea offered. The reduction for pleading guilty before a trial is up to 25%. Once it has started it drops to 10%. McNeill obviously saw it through to the bitter end and got nothing. His lawyers would have told him that, so if he was looking for a reduction, Devine has talked him out of 15%, hiding safe in his Greek bunker. :wink:
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Welcome to our little corner of the internet, El Coyote.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
El Coyote
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by El Coyote »

Then I suspect he spoke to Andy Devine (which we know he has been doing and I think is the 'hearsay' EWE that refers to), because the trial actually started with no guilty plea offered. The reduction for pleading guilty before a trial is up to 25%. Once it has started it drops to 10%. McNeill obviously saw it through to the bitter end and got nothing. His lawyers would have told him that, so if he was looking for a reduction, Devine has talked him out of 15%, hiding safe in his Greek bunker. :wink:
I think this is right on the money, except I suspect that Paterson spoke to Baroness Angela of the Power-Disney (or whatever she's calling herself these days), as he was banned from contacting Devine whilst in custody.
AnOwlCalledSage

Ah, A P-D still ruining lives from her Irish hell hole. At least it's one of her own this time! :snicker: