Jon Paterson, Man of the People

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

mufc1959
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Jon Paterson, Man of the People

Post by mufc1959 »

Welcome, El Coyote, and thank you for all your work on the Hoaxstead Blog.
El Coyote
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by El Coyote »

You're very welcome, and thank all of you for what you do. This site is an island of sanity, much appreciated.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Welcome aboard, Coyote. Grog is served in the fo'c'sle at 8 bells.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
MRN
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by MRN »

El Coyote wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:31 pm You're very welcome, and thank all of you for what you do. This site is an island of sanity, much appreciated.
Coyote! I have missed you!
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

mufc1959 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:22 pm Welcome, El Coyote, and thank you for all your work on the Hoaxstead Blog.
Absolutely. The Hoaxtead team were a pillar of wit and decency during a very dark episode.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

As further info for those who don't read the Hoaxtead site, JP's sentencing hearing is scheduled for the 27th May.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
El Coyote
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by El Coyote »

Paterson's sentencing is Thursday, but it will be a closed hearing, basically a decision meeting from what I understand. I'll let you know when I hear anything.
AnOwlCalledSage

El Coyote wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:15 pm Paterson's sentencing is Thursday, but it will be a closed hearing, basically a decision meeting from what I understand. I'll let you know when I hear anything.
There is something they are not letting on? It is assumed in English law that justice requires an open court hearing. There may be reporting restrictions, but it still by default open. A closed hearing requires a huge burden of proof if moved by the defendant's solicitors. Of course, it could be moved by the prosecution to protect witnesses but there's no way of knowing that.

Have you contacted the Witness Care Unit to ask why?
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
El Coyote
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by El Coyote »

Hmm, no, I'm not sure why...will let you know when I find out!
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:34 pm
El Coyote wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:15 pm Paterson's sentencing is Thursday, but it will be a closed hearing, basically a decision meeting from what I understand. I'll let you know when I hear anything.
There is something they are not letting on? It is assumed in English law that justice requires an open court hearing. There may be reporting restrictions, but it still by default open. A closed hearing requires a huge burden of proof if moved by the defendant's solicitors. Of course, it could be moved by the prosecution to protect witnesses but there's no way of knowing that.

Have you contacted the Witness Care Unit to ask why?
When I was doing my court reporting most of the jury trials had publication bans but they were always open court. I don't know what "a decision meeting" is, I assume the equivalent of a Chambers Session here where they discuss things like procedures and scheduling, but even those are open.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
AnOwlCalledSage

It's not been listed as a closed session on Courtserve so it'll be interesting to find out what actually happens.
For Sentence
T20210116 PATERSON John 01EK0377419 CLONM Crown Prosecution Service
Defendant to Attend. Counsel via CVP. Linked to
T20210117 PATERSON John 01EK0377419 NESXM Crown Prosecution Service
El Coyote
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by El Coyote »

Paterson has received a hospital order/added restriction under Sections 37/41 of the Mental Health Act. Cue the screaming from Neelu, Devine, et al. https://hoaxteadresearch.wordpress.com/ ... -sentenced 8) I declare myself pleased.
Tinkle Bucket
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Tinkle Bucket »

Apparently the court staff are still chasing Neely around the public gallery, she's s slippery little sucker.
:Axe:
AnOwlCalledSage

I've often wondered when categorising our little Satan hunters, who can see it in a deep fat fryer in a McDonalds, whether they are mad or bad. On Wanoa and Paterson's cases, I think we have the definitive answers. On the other hand, Neelu is just plain and simple bad.

Note: I'm using Mad or Bad in the sense of the OU counselling and forensic psychology department usage. It is, of course, a reductive phrase that doesn't actually address the core issues, but it is a useful shorthand for a complex question.
madorbad.org wrote: Please note that ‘Mad or Bad’ is intended as a provocative statement aimed at challenging popular misconceptions of criminality and mental health that are unfortunately all too often embedded in media stories and the production of policy.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

And so ends, I hope, the saga of this thread. When it was started the consensus was that JP was mentally ill and so it has proved. Mentally ill yet highly dangerous in his delusions. Of course, wallowing in the self-perpetuating cess pit inhabited by Clown Devine, Neelu and EWE was never going to set him on a road to recovery, indeed they encouraged his neurosis, aided and abetted his slide into madness. In fact I’d be so bold as to hold them responsible for his current situation.

Of course that’ll feed into the narrative that “they” have finally nailed him and the usual suspects will eulogise JP as if he had already passed. Which he very well might do before the hospital order expires.

Issuing widely publicised blood curdling threats towards named individuals whilst presenting as psychotic has led him to prison and now a secure hospital. In the times before nutters could roam the interwebby JP would probably have been one of those sad chaps with an “end is nigh” billboard strapped around him but he’s had an active audience egging him on (one man in particular) which has exacerbated his illness.

As for EC and others, I’m only pleased that the action taken makes them all feel that little bit safer.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Speaking of the dangerously mentally ill... I notice that former poster girl for the same exploitative ghouls, Melanie Shaw, has all but disappeared from the "news".

As far as I can tell from my cursory research she is either due to be discharged from Rampton or already has been. It looks like the lines of communication have gone down between MS and the ghouls so they don't really know what's going on... Nor should they.

I sincerely hope she has got the help she clearly needed and seen her "supporters" for what they are. Vile morons who didn't give a shit about her (or her victims) and only wanted to use her to advance their own selfish agenda. Lets hope she gets and stays well, rebuilds her life and we never hear of her again.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?