Edward William Ellis, Common Law QC

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

John Uskglass
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Edward William Ellis, Common Law QC

Post by John Uskglass »

Apologies if this has already been noted.

From the Duncan Lewis Solicitors website's Red Alerts section:

https://www.duncanlewis.co.uk/Red-Alerts.html
Feb 2018

Edward Ellis Equity Lawyer

Child Care and Family

Fraudulently linking himself to DL via solicitor.com site.DL has asked Solicitor.com to remove any references as unapproved and inaccurate. He has been targeting vulnerable parents who have had their children removed with promises that he will bring group actions to get their children back to them in 14 days using the email address: edward.w.ellis@gmail.com

Matter reported to SRA and currently under investigation
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

John Uskglass wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:31 am Apologies if this has already been noted.
I don't think it has but I suspect that that example, and others, form the basis of his trial scheduled for 16th December.
The court heard that Ellis, struck off in 2013, was alleged to have acted in breach of a general civil restraint order imposed by Mrs Justice May in 2018.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

SpearGrass wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:06 pm Forgive the air of irritation - it's inevitably irritating when you know and live the real situation to read rubbish about it in the press.
I'm glad it's better in other areas, but I can assure you that in my English region there are significant backlogs in the Magistrates Court, including Youth Courts. My knowledge is first-hand as a senior professional involved in various plans to manage this.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
AnOwlCalledSage

exiledscouser wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:40 am The trial (or committal) of EWE will proceed 15th and 16th December before a new judge. All orders made by the court still stand. Bah! All he’s done is kick the can down the road.
Glad I re-checked. The transcript from the November hearing states: "HM Solicitor General's application will now be heard on 14th December 2020".

It's really annoying having to look up every courts' listing everyday for upcoming cases - especially RCJ which is a downloaded .rtf file which then needs to be opened in Word.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

At least it's not a pdf. I don't understand how that hateful format has become so ubiquitous.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

His website continues to churn out incomprehensible gibberish. Only today this appeared:
The Best Advice for Prime Minister Mr Johnson is to use the Election Fraud Appeal 2019 2700 for a Case Re-opening and Contempt Remedy Application for the Stated Reason that the Justice Priority Obligation shared by all needed someone to make the Protection Fraud Deals needed to win the Leadership Contest and the General Election, get Premiership Powers and use them to service the Corruption Remedy Process. It will get World Leader Status and Pivotal Prime Minister Status for converting Dictator Governance into Equity Governance.
Thereafter he goes on about next week’s trial, I think he’s setting himself up for a non appearance as the trial bundle is too heavy for him to lift and the date clashes with his dialysis treatment. Given how much crap he puts out I’m betting 95% of it is his own nonsense. In the meantime I’m sure BoJo will be certain to break off from his European adventure to go do EWE’s bidding.

I say he’ll fail to appear and the court will do nothing - again.
AnOwlCalledSage

exiledscouser wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:14 pm I say he’ll fail to appear and the court will do nothing - again.
Whilst it is irksome to us, the actual practical impact is that, other than the relatively minor costs of entertaining his nonsense, only morons who believe his crap will be affected.

He has had zero success rate in his family court cases. And, without appearing to wish him harm, he will soon shuffle off this mortal coil, be a minor footnote in the pootiverse, and (given their normal attention span) be swiftly forgotten by the usual suspects.

Ironically, this thread will be one of the few documented evidences that he ever existed!
MRN
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by MRN »

grixit wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:43 pm At least it's not a pdf. I don't understand how that hateful format has become so ubiquitous.
/offtopic
So, as someone who edits and does some typesetting...

Largely for the reasons people hate them. I used to LOATHE them. I was, err. Wrong.

Everything has the disadvantages of its virtues and the virtues of its disadvantages and all. For print they're amazing; for web they're a Good-Enough Solution that's been declared the sweet spot between looking good, being useful, and being easy.

Essentially: they are relatively secure and extremely reliable in the hands of amateurs with unpredictable soft- and hard-ware, on both the production and the receiving ends, you can use them for both web and print without extra effort, and export to .pdf produces relatively small files.

I could set a lavishly illustrated book, export it to .pdf, and send it to 50 Quatloosians with different hardware, software and printers and each one of you would be able to either see it on-screen or print it, knowing you were getting the exact size, resolution, typefaces, and colour I intended, at a tiny filesize compared to the original InDesign (which you would need the software to read anyway) or uncompressed .tiff or .png.

HTML would be better. They would also take someone as long again as the print design did. There are various ebook formats that would be better, but they came along too late for one of them to grab .pdf's spot. And they're designed to be actively print-hostile, so you still need to create a .pdf.

Also, you can lock a .pdf and all its attributes, and even if you don't, Adobe has great version control and editing them leaves obvious traces. This is useful in any situation where there's a high potential for unauthorized or even malicious* editing, and it is AMAZINGLY useful for print work, as anyone who has ever spent an hour trying to verify colour separation over the phone or talk their printer through every single typeface in a document or sent a laboriously formatted .doc file to an OS or Linux user.

*sure, it's relatively trivial for someone in bad faith to fake up something that looks legitimate when printed. I've done it for legitimate reasons a lot: wrong size/ratio, typos, new info, no-you-can't-have-bleed, whatever.

What you can't do at all easily is alter the base file and not leave a trail.

And lastly, they work almost as well for screen readers as .epub or html, while jpg and .png and such aren't readable at all.

All of this is, of course, everything terrible about them too: you-the-end-user have to live with someone else's design choices, and it's annoying as Hell. You can't scroll, you can't reformat, you can't easily adjust the font size, or tweak the colours for your comfort, and if you find a mistake you are authorized to fix you probably have to reopen the original file, fix it there, re-export, and re-upload.

Online they are deeply annoying as compared to good web design. They are essentially print design forced into pixels, a quick-and-dirty way to get something up on your site without having to do a second layout from scratch.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I'm still impressed by the fact I can password protect the reading of a pdf. I have no idea how easy it is to bypass but as a quick and easy way to protect a document against the casual nosey bastard it's a wonderful feature that takes zero effort and is idiot proof.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

Now, I'm a fan of PDFs... as someone who has to send copy to an editor using a MAC to typeset their magazine with a PC incompatible publishing software. However, sorry to drag you back to the subject of this thread:
COURT 14 Before MRS JUSTICE CUTTS
Monday, 14th December 2020 At half past 10
ROBED
FOR COMMITTAL
QB-2020-000286 HM Solicitor General v Ellis
MRN
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by MRN »

longdog wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:48 am I'm still impressed by the fact I can password protect the reading of a pdf. I have no idea how easy it is to bypass but as a quick and easy way to protect a document against the casual nosey bastard it's a wonderful feature that takes zero effort and is idiot proof.
It's quite hard to bypass via cracking into the file. The usual vulnerability is, of course, someone managing to spoof the identity of an authorized user.

But as our Owl reminds us with typical wisdom, we should return to our muttons.

Ellis brings out my bleeding-heart tendencies. Partner and I once spent a hellacious eight months waiting* to get his kidney removed, after an UNSPEAKABLE several years trying to get a diagnosis that accounted for his extremely diffuse physical, mental, and cognitive impairments, and I can testify that whatever Edward Ellis' state of mind was when he started this, he's almost certainly not fit to be making his own decisions by now.

*There are enough untruths about Canadian waiting lists loose in the world that I feel compelled to say that he was officially "first after everyone with an actual malignancy", and that had he started to go South at all we had two alternative plans: old-fashioned open-him-right-up or helicopter to Toronto.
AnOwlCalledSage

MRN wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:03 pm ...and I can testify that whatever Edward Ellis' state of mind was when he started this, he's almost certainly not fit to be making his own decisions by now.
Absolutely correct, which is why the doctor had referred him to mental health services. That is until Neelu "Ever Rising Body Count" Berry (literally) poked her nose around the door.

That he is getting treatment of some kind is good news but, not withstanding the test of harm to himself and others, it is still the right of the patient to refuse treatment.

Now, I would argue that his poking his nose into family law cases is the result of mental illness and is harming the well being of others but it would seem that that is going to be tested in the Royal Courts of Justice, rather than at a mental health tribunal.
MRN
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by MRN »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:31 am
MRN wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:03 pm ...and I can testify that whatever Edward Ellis' state of mind was when he started this, he's almost certainly not fit to be making his own decisions by now.
That he is getting treatment of some kind is good news but, not withstanding the test of harm to himself and others, it is still the right of the patient to refuse treatment.
Consent questions when the illness in question either consists of or is known to cause significant cognitive impairment is one of the most pressing of the many reasons I am very very glad I didn't follow the family tradition and go into a medical profession.

When Natasha Richardson died after a major traumatic brain injury while skiing in Quebec there was quite a lot of coverage of the fact that she'd refused assistance at the time. Legitimately, given that otherwise several members of the ski patrol would've gotten it in the neck.

Thing is, combativeness and lack of insight into the degree of your injuries are both known symptoms of both brain injury and hypothermia. Ski patrols everywhere spend a LOT of time talking about this. I don't know if they pointed this out to the people with her or not, or whether it would've made a difference, but it's a messy one either way.
AnOwlCalledSage

Anyone got access to Princess Loony Lotus's Facebook page? Trying to find out the result of the committal hearing is proving difficult and the prodigious illegal video creator hasn't posted anything on You Tube.

Last note from EWE on his website on Friday was:
The Trial Direction Frauds do not enable Trial Completion on Monday 14th December 2020. The Dialysis Session on Tuesday 15th December forces an Adjournment Order for either Fraud Enforcement or Remedy Management.
...which seems to indicate that he thinks that a committal hearing can be turned into a full blown trial. :roll:

At best he'd get the can kicked ever further down the road and time really isn't his friends.

Whichever university gave him his law degree should be ashamed of themselves!
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

She’s not made any mention. She has been busy making a YT with the patron saint of losers Ramola D raging about Wilfred Wong’s ‘unlawful arrest and imprisonment’.

The fact that some of those in the car with him when the police swooped have pleaded guilty is being suppressed! Those pleading guilty include the child’s mother and aunt.

But radio silence on the fate of EWE for now.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

It looks as though things got underway on Monday in the Crown v EWE and that the hearing is ongoing today, see this link.....

https://equitygovernance.uk/

....if you dare. It’s as best an update we are likely to obtain just now. God knows what the court must think confronted by this maniacal prose and from the mouth of its author in person - I’d be calling for the gents in the white coats.

AnOwlCalledSage

Well, we can say that EWE doesn't read Quatloos. He complains that the listing on Monday didn't include the court number, but if he was reading this thread, he'd have known it was court 14 :snicker:

And in irony of ironies, the Solicitor General is Sir Michael Ellis... so we have Ellis vs Ellis
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Another updated from EWE, if I understand correctly and if it's to be believed I think he's saying the judgement will be issued on Friday.
The Permission Fraud Appeal 2020 2069 was issued on Saturday 12th December 2020. It was too late for the State to avoid the Adjourned Trial on Monday 14th December 2020 getting an Audio Record. It got Protection Breach Contempt Fraud Conspiracy Proof against the State Counsel and the Trial Judge. State Counsel denied the Protection Rights. The Trial Judge committed a Protection Breach Fraud to commit the Liability Trial Frauds then used the Protection Rights for a Pending Appeal Penalty Adjournment.
<<snip three paragraphs of irrelevant nonsense>>
The Trial Judge said she would release Restraint Breach Finding, Contempt Finding and Reasons on Friday. The Equity Lawyer will file a Protection Breach and Liability Trial Fraud Appeal.
http://equitygovernance.uk
AnOwlCalledSage

Of interest is that there doesn't appear to be any reported public disturbances or walk outs.

However, you missed out this gem :snicker:
Citizen Mr Paterson has the disadvantage of being in prison.
Juisarian
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Juisarian »

<<snip three paragraphs of irrelevant nonsense>>
How could you even tell?