Just random thoughts...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Just random thoughts...

Post by Gregg »

We need happy thoughts. Just because.
I'll start.
I've just now discovered Black Books. How and why have you limey bastards hidden it from me this long.
I'm now coming to England to marry Tasmin Greig.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Eaststander
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Re: Just random thoughts...

Post by Eaststander »

Gregg wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:04 am We need happy thoughts. Just because.
I'll start.
I've just now discovered Black Books. How and why have you limey bastards hidden it from me this long.
But you won’t make Tamsin Greig happy by mid-spelling her name. Agree though, I have been in love with her for quite a while, and hope to get there first. Check out the TV series ‘Green Wing’.
JimUk1
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by JimUk1 »

Gregg wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:04 am We need happy thoughts. Just because.
I'll start.

Blackbooks has been around years! It’s been no secret that it’s been a hidden gem.
If your after a few Limey or Irish comedies you may have never seen that side of the pond I can recommend -

Father Ted
The Thick of It
Ali G in da USA
Bottom
Phoenix Nights (highly recommend!)

Here’s Sasha (Ali G) when he interviewed Buzz Aldrin. I still can’t get over him been confused about Louis Armstrong :lol:

longdog

Post by longdog »

Black Books... Source of one of my favourite insults... "You're a beard with an idiot hanging off it".

I also highly recommend what was widely seen as it's "sister" show... Spaced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaced
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Bernard Black quotes as inspirational sayings.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lukebailey/the ... five-hours
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

"Don't you dare use 'party' as a verb in this house!"
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

longdog wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:10 am "Don't you dare use 'party' as a verb in this house!"
Won’t be before long we are producing wine the black books way
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

For me the time made available to us through enforced social isolation could be spent in no better way than catching up on the Uncle books by JP Martin. I LOVE these books with heros and villains aplenty written in a quirky English style. He’s nothing to do with his bloodthirsty GOT relative RR and is a fabulous read. Written for children it’d be off their reading list in today’s Woke society but society is all the poorer for it.

The Badfort crew remind me of Crabbie who is Beaver Hateman all day and Hitmouse has many FMOTL parallels. Go on, immerse yourselves in this amazing world. A fat millionaire philanthropist bike thief elephant with a superiority complex who “boots up” his enemies whilst touring his huge city-fortress in a traction engine. Look out for Noddy Ninety and wash the experience down with some Old Tom.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I'll be using the time to establish an online presence for my latest creation... The Indica Marketing Board.

It started as a way to bait the more paranoid nutcases on Facebook who should, to use an expression I use a lot, "put more tobacco in it". I then moved on to the totally unscientific (but true) theory that Cannabis Sativa makes you a paranoid loon and Cannabis Indica doesn't.

So middle, middle, middle and I started producing a series of Photoshop edited vintage adverts for The Indica Marketing Board (a wholly owned subsidiary of The Illuminati) for the amusement of friends.

Now I own the indicamarketingboard(dot)com domain (there's nothing there yet) and I'm busy getting to grips with a website creation program.

A few examples are already available here... https://indicamarketingboard.blogspot.com/

I believe the expression is "the devil makes work for idle manic-depressives" :mrgreen:
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I am 67 years old; and my wife is in treatment for cancer. She goes out only when absolutely necessary; and I limit my ventures out of my apartment. I feel like a kid whose mother is keeping him indoors, and not letting him go outside, except to run errands for her, "just because."
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

If you need a sports fix, Marbula One (and Jelle's Marble Runs in general) is the best thing going right now. #TeamMomo

Last Sunday's race had 10,000 live viewers, up from 6,000 the week before.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

For me the time made available to us through enforced social isolation could be spent in no better way than catching up on the Uncle books by JP Martin.
Good call, but they are long out of print and fetch quite astonishing prices.

I wish they were better known, so people understood Beaver Hateman references..

For a better explanation than I can give of why they are so good.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/books ... intheroomw
longdog

Post by longdog »

I must be bored. I've just cleaned two years of fag ash, chip fat and biscuit crumbs out of my keyboard.

ETA: I've even swapped my monitors around so the one with the best colour is where I like to do my Photoshopping, the one with the acceptable colour is in front of me and the shitty one is tucked away where I can ignore it.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

And I'm even socializing with my wife. This virus is forcing many unexpected lifestyle changes.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

If you're old enough to remember the television show "Perry Mason" you might recall how the master attorney and his uber-sleuth Paul Drake always had a handkerchief ready when opening doors, manipulating evidence, murder weapons, phones, etc.

A tip from a healthcare professional family member - carry disinfectant wipes and hold one in your primary hand at all times when handling things like your keys, wallet, credit/debit cards, pay/ATM terminals, door handles, carts, merchandise and so on. Just keep one in your hands until it starts drying out and then replace it with a fresh one. Switch it between hands routinely.

You'll look like an old lady from decades ago with it in dangling in your hand but it can add protection when you don't have gloves to wear. Plus it helps decontaminate things you've picked up and brought home.

JRB
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I prefer to use rubbing alcohol myself.

As for indoor activities, i have online D&D, cleaning, reading, writing, and tv.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:59 am And I'm even socializing with my wife. This virus is forcing many unexpected lifestyle changes.
Same here. I’d forgotten her name until a week ago. Luckily my bar is still doing delivery and is hosting online meetings for the regulars, so normality might resume.
Not keen on some of the sours they have been dropping off, seems to be a trend in the USA at the minute, lots of U.K. & US brewers doing collaborations on sours but I’ve yet to have one I actually enjoyed.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

I do not expect to survive the corona virus.

Although I do have several, serious underlying health issues, they are not my primary fear.

I am confident that I will just not wake up one morning after having been suffocated by my wife.

When we said 'for better or for worse,' we definitely did not say for "24 hours a day for weeks on end."
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:A tip from a healthcare professional family member - carry disinfectant wipes and hold one in your primary hand at all times when handling things like your keys, wallet, credit/debit cards, pay/ATM terminals, door handles, carts, merchandise and so on. Just keep one in your hands until it starts drying out and then replace it with a fresh one. Switch it between hands routinely.
Another thing to keep in mind is to consider whether deliveries of mail, packages and anything else coming through your door need to be wiped. The virus is known to have an amazingly long (relatively for microbes) life on paper products.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Thanks for that The Observer. Now you’ve got me looking with great suspicion at my carefully hoarded loo roll collection.