Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Re: Just random thoughts...

Post by CrankyBoomer »

Look who's back on the grift....

"Don’t miss what’s happening
People on Twitter are the first to know.
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
Anna Brees
@BreesAnna
If all of my followers donated £2 we might just be able to do something #VaccinePassports #NoVaccinePassports
Against Vaccine Passports
AVP is growing FAST, we are building a community and improving the website. We need funds urgently in order to grow.
crowdfunder.co.uk
12:17 pm · 13 Jul 2021·Twitter for iPhone"

Explanation - I couldn't copy the picture but it's on Scamma Brees's (Brees' ?) twitter feed. I'm not sure if it's on her own behalf or for a group called AVP. She's entitled to a view I guess but I disagree with almost everything she says.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Ok, here's something i don't get. I thought it was already standard practice for a passport to include vaccination status. Why then only object in the case of covid?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by longdog »

grixit wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:23 am Ok, here's something i don't get. I thought it was already standard practice for a passport to include vaccination status. Why then only object in the case of covid?
Not on UK passports it isn't.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

I found this on an NHS webpage https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/travel-vaccinations/ Here is an extract "Some countries require proof of vaccination (for example, for polio or yellow fever vaccination), which must be documented on an International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (ICVP) before you enter or when you leave a country.

Saudi Arabia requires proof of vaccination against certain types of meningitis for visitors arriving for the Hajj and Umrah pilgrimages.

Even if an ICVP is not required, it's still a good idea to take a record of the vaccinations you have had with you."

Things may be in a state of flux regarding Covid-19 "Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Travel vaccinations are being rescheduled as people are currently advised not to travel abroad."
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

I suspect that the fuss about vaccine passports may just be people wanting to stir up trouble - or draw attention to themselves. When travelling abroad I would imagine it depends what the destination country wants rather than what a UK national wants. If I want to go to X country and X country says I'd need a certificate of vaccination against such and such a disease, well I would have to choose between getting a vaccination and a certificate to prove it and travelling to the host country or remaining unvaccinated and not going to country X.

From what I can tell in the UK a "vaccine passport" for use within the borders of the UK would be a certificate of proof of vaccination (against Covid-19). At the date of typing this they aren't mandatory but I believe a private business can ask for proof of vaccination from a visitor/client. Though if anyone more thoroughly versed in the law than I spots something wrong with what I've posted please correct me.
longdog

Post by longdog »

CrankyBoomer wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:16 pm At the date of typing this they aren't mandatory but I believe a private business can ask for proof of vaccination from a visitor/client. Though if anyone more thoroughly versed in the law than I spots something wrong with what I've posted please correct me.
As far as I know that's correct and a private business can discriminate against unvaccinated people as long as that discrimination is not for an unlawful reason. Refusing service to somebody who has a genuine medical reason why they can't be vaccinated would be on very dodgy legal grounds. Refusing service to an anti-vax loon who just doesn't want to be vaccinated would be perfectly legal. Not sure about people who refuse on (entirely spurious) religious grounds... I can't see the courts giving them the time of day but you never know.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

It's an interesting quandary as a former No2ID civil liberties campaigner.

I've had two jabs. But I'll be buggered if I sign up to a Government scheme that will sell your data to Cambridge Analytica for the right money.

I have my two inoculation cards. If that isn't good enough as proof, then it's no pub for me!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

On 22nd July Anna Brees was complaining about the amount raised for 'Against Vaccine Passports'.

Fancy addressing her followers thus. If she wanted to go abroad to somewhere that insists on a certificate of vaccination for something like yellow fever I think that she would have to get it done or not travel to her destination.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

But someone made $13k and based on that post, seems they will not be doing much for it. Someone has made a nice amount and castigates those same followers at the same time, who donated to the new party fund.

Just curious, how is this paid out, will there also be tax reporting for this income, and will that sum of income effect any benefits that someone might be getting. Just have a feeling there is no registered charity here.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I get the feeling that Brees is reaching the end of her shelf-life when it comes to crowdfunding grifts. Pretty much everybody who was ever going to give has given and she's reach the "milked them dry" stage.

The same thing happened quite rapidly with Mark "shot a teenage girl in the face" Steele the anti-5G scampaigner and I suspect it's going to happen rather prematurely to anti-vax scarecrow Piers Corbyn.

CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

Longdog, I hope you are right about the demise of the work of some crowd funding grifters.

I received my first scam by text yesterday - something about Santander (which took over the Abbey National Building Society some years ago in the UK - though it's a bank rather than a building society). I looked online to see if there are any Santander scam texts doing the rounds and lo and behold there are.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Things have gone very quiet for me on the scam calls front recently. A bit of a shame really as I quite enjoy them and wasting their time. I'm still waiting for the ten pounds of cocaine (which is an abusive drug) found in a hire car, rented under my Social Security National Insurance Number, on the south border of Texas Wales to be returned to me. I was so grateful they had found it even if Wales doesn't really have a southern border.

On the subject of Piers Corbyn... It looks like him getting busted taking a bribe has damaged him quite badly. I saw a video the other day of him getting ready to address an audience of approximately zero. So bad that an off camera voice can be heard saying "I think that's Dave over there" whoever he might be.

You can't actually hear anybody say "Dave's not here man!" but I'm going to assume the microphone just didn't pick it up. :mrgreen:
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

The landline phone that is only still active as it makes my internet package cheaper, filters them all with the Call Minder facility. I was getting the odd one on the mobile, one from National Insurance saying my account was suspended:

"This is Officer Johnson of National Insurance, what is your name?"
"You called me"
"THIS IS OFFICER JOHNSON, WHAT IS YOUR NAME?"
"National Insurance don't have 'Officers' "
"WHAT IS YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME?"
"Seriously, they don't have officers"
CLICK

On another I pressed the digit, waited for the greeting & replied "SCAMMER!", he laughed & hung up, no calls since.
As seen on many a scam baiter video, they do mark their number lists if someone is wise & don't bother calling back.

Plenty of YouTube channels to watch, Jim Browning who is especially good at reversing the connection & accessing their computers, Scammer Payback who has also gone to the trouble of learning Hindi for an extra advantage.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I find asking them what a "Nee-No" is quite funny. They never have a clue what I'm talking about.

For the colonials who I wouldn't necessarily expect to get it. NINO, pronounced, "Nee-No" is just short for National Insurance Number... N.I No.

I also have a completely invented thing where I use their non-existent security call and response system to confirm they are really who they say they are. I give them a three digit code and they give me a three letter response generated by their computer that I can verify in my equally imaginary phone app. That causes all manner of confusion as they don't have a clue what I'm talking about then either.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

I quite like this approach and plan to use it if I ever get a scam text.
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

Seems Anna Brees has been called out about something on a morning show and she's not very happy about it.
She obviously has her YouTube channel back.

For folk outside the UK, Alex Belfield is an ex-BBC reporter who has recently been jailed for stalking.

On a lighter note a bright-eyed and bushy tailed YouTuber noted that Ms Brees had contacted a Katie Hopkins parody account thinking it was the real Katie Hopkins.
AnOwlCalledSage

The journalistic fraud tried to follow me on Twitter when I started posting about her and her partner in crap, former police officer Jon Wedger. She's all in on the satanic conspiracy crap and has featured in Private Eye... not in a good way.

She's one of the very few accounts on my blocked list. (Just checked. In 5 years, I've only ever blocked 11 accounts)
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

CrankyBoomer wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:02 pm For folk outside the UK, Alex Belfield is an ex-BBC reporter who has recently been jailed for stalking.
I have to confess that Belfield's channel popped up on my YouTube recommended during the 2020 lockdown.
I found his videos entertaining, he was just doing the jokey DJ routine on there with a classic radio phone in.

Once he started going into the anti lockdown & anti vax when it arrived I was out of there.

Some of the stuff that has come out is staggering. Iain Lee, another British DJ, who has had a lot of mental health problems is now spilling the beans on what he did to him over 10 years.

I can see him getting further charges thrown his way, in addition to the defamation claims from Jeremy Vine & the DC involved in the case, who he regularly mocked in his videos.
They both have the deep pockets to bring the cases, the latter being backed by The Police Federation.

He also did a lot of Homophobic & Transphobic stuff, he revealed he was part of the LBGTQ+ community pre sentencing but the Judge was having none of it as mitigation.
I find that this offence falls within category A1 of the relevant stalking guideline. That
is the highest category. As to culpability, your actions were planned, repetitive and
intended to cause Mr Dehaney distress and included hostility based on his sexual
orientation. I do not consider the fact that you are a member of the LBGTQ+ community
means you cannot have acted with hostility based on Mr Dehaney’s sexual orientation.
As to harm, having regard to the jury’s verdicts including the acquittal, I find harm and
distress including psychological harm were caused to Mr. Dehaney. Mr Dehaney has
been unable to continue his blogging enterprise as a result of your actions. This was a
significant change in lifestyle.
Full remarks here
https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/upl ... 160922.pdf
AnOwlCalledSage

hucknallred wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:21 pm Some of the stuff that has come out is staggering. Iain Lee, another British DJ, who has had a lot of mental health problems is now spilling the beans on what he did to him over 10 years.
I'll have to check that out. Huge fan of Iain Lee. Saw him at Edinburgh Fringe in 2000. He had a double act with Mackenzie Crook - Charlie Cheese and His Jacket of Badges, and I absolutely loved The Eleven O'Clock Show. Wonder what ever happened to the others who were on it? :wink:
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:44 pm I'll have to check that out. Huge fan of Iain Lee. Saw him at Edinburgh Fringe in 2000. He had a double act with Mackenzie Crook - Charlie Cheese and His Jacket of Badges, and I absolutely loved The Eleven O'Clock Show. Wonder what ever happened to the others who were on it? :wink:
He's just got himself another proper radio gig in Oxford & also qualified as a counsellor.
He did a live stream as the sentencing was happening, his relief was palpable when it was clear he was going down.