Motoring FMOTL - Possibly one to watch in future

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Motoring FMOTL - Possibly one to watch in future

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

https://twitter.com/roadpoliceBCH/statu ... 4738558978

May bounce back if goes to court or may just fade away if he doesn't go all FMOTL in front of the Magistrates.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
ArthurWankspittle

Re: Motoring FMOTL - Possibly one to watch in future

Update is that he has been remanded as someone has argued he isn't likely to turn up in court given his FMOTL ideology. Late August for the next appearance. Winning start, a month inside.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:42 pm Update is that he has been remanded as someone has argued he isn't likely to turn up in court given his FMOTL ideology. Late August for the next appearance. Winning start, a month inside.
Any source on that? Highly unlikely for a simple motoring offence, even if there is a likelihood of his not turning up. There has to be a genuine prospect of a custodial sentence, not just a theoretical one. There must be something else we are not being told, which may be the case under contempt of court rules regarding legal prejudice.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

If you go back to the original Twitter thread, source is the cops. Presumably he steadfastly refused to give his details? Talk about failing the attitude test....
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

That must presumably mean he is refused to give his name and address in court, as failure to appear would normally be just losing his bail amount and a bench warrant :haha:

In addition the fear of failing to attend has this against it in the bail rules:
a. There are substantial grounds for believing that the defendant would fail to surrender, commit an offence on bail or interfere with witnesses or otherwise obstruct the course of justice. This exception cannot apply if defendant is not convicted AND no real prospect that he will be sentenced to custody in the proceedings.
He clearly didn't have a solicitor.

What I am surprised is why our usual suspects aren't all over it. I'd have expected at least a CLC ruling by now.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
ArthurWankspittle

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:59 am
ArthurWankspittle wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:42 pm Update is that he has been remanded as someone has argued he isn't likely to turn up in court given his FMOTL ideology. Late August for the next appearance. Winning start, a month inside.
Any source on that? Highly unlikely for a simple motoring offence, even if there is a likelihood of his not turning up. There has to be a genuine prospect of a custodial sentence, not just a theoretical one. There must be something else we are not being told, which may be the case under contempt of court rules regarding legal prejudice.
That is what some of the car enthusiasts who found this also said. It seems OTT compared to normal. Maybe he's a FMOTL frequent flyer?
Info was on further Tweets added to the original.
https://twitter.com/roadpoliceBCH/statu ... 2590473216
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Can we make this more a generic UK FMOTL motoring thread? I present to you Rich Hart getting assorted (yes I said assorted) by security in court.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

The revolving door sequence at the end is hilarious.
For a moment there I thought it must have been scripted.

It's nice to see a return to proper old school FMOTLery.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

John Uskglass wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:13 pm
It's nice to see a return to proper old school FMOTLery.
I do believe he was breaking down in tears at the end. Not from the pain of a gentle nudge from the wallopers, but the fact it had all gone tits up in spectacular fashion.
The comments on his FB page are less than supportive shall we say.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

What a blistering idiot.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Quite a few words doing some very heavy lifting there.... "Treason" being "not putting up with my shit", "sedition" which isn't even an offence in the UK and, of course "assort" [sic].
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I have the feeling he really doesn't understand the meaning of any of those words. He strikes me as more the clueless yob type.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.