Danielle (DeLioness) Davidson Glastonbury's Common Law Assenter

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

hucknallred
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Danielle (DeLioness) Davidson Glastonbury's Common Law Assenter

Post by hucknallred »

Danielle DeLioness as she likes to call herself was one of the troops present during Dreary Dave's [RIP] 'seizure' of Glastonbury Town Hall. When they say seizure what they actually did was walk into a public building, go into a public meeting & then talk a lot until the councillors got bored. Plod were called but no crime had been committed so success!

She led a happy life as a PLD admin, regularly begging for a new Laptop in the process

ImageImage

Then came the great PLD Schism in one corner we have The Phoenix Woman & in the other DDeL with competing Facebook groups.

Our Assentor(?)'s group has had somewhat of an identity crisis along the way:

Changed name to Common Law Assent
Oct 11, 2020
Changed name to Common Law Assent (under A61 MC1215)
Sep 1, 2020
Changed name to The REAL Lawful Assent (under A61 MC1215)
Aug 1, 2020
Changed name to The REAL Practical Lawful Dissent
May 15, 2020
Changed name to Practical Lawful Dissent BRITON Discussion Forum
Apr 13, 2020
Changed name to English Practical Lawful Dissent Discussion Forum
Apr 12, 2020
Changed name to English Lawful Rebellion Discussion Forum
Apr 12, 2020
Changed name to English Practical Lawful Dissent Discussion Forum
Apr 12, 2020
The group Common Law Assent (under A61 MC1215) was created
Apr 11, 2020

Just like the Phoenix she has picked up the members in the thousands & copied all the pointless documents. Unlike our Canadian friend, this one has a bit of an edge to her & has pissed off most of the publicans & shopkeepers in Glastonbury, getting herself barred from all of the pubs in Somerset according to her. What to do? Drum up a hate campaign that's what.

She even drunkenly challenged a very nonplussed Landlord before our latest lockdown accusing him of treason of course.

Her latest wheeze is Patreon, begging for monthly donations, over 80 idiots Patrons have signed up so far.

Almost every post now plugs this & she has a series of videos where she is somewhat under dressed for the english autumn plugging her wares.

https://www.patreon.com/commonlawassent

I think that's enough to be going on with for now.
Last edited by hucknallred on Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Re: Danielle (DeLioness) Davidson Glastonbury's Common Law Assenter

Post by eric »

hucknallred wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:19 pm Just like the Phoenix she has picked up the members in the thousands & copied all the pointless documents. Unlike our Canadian friend, this one has a bit of an edge to her & has pissed off most of the publicans & shopkeepers in Glastonbury, getting herself barred from all of the pubs in Somerset according to her. What to do? Drum up a hate campaign that's what.
I must admit that back in my younger years getting barred from an establishment was viewed as something to be proud of, particularly if you did it in a creative manner. Extra points if you managed to do something so original you couldn't enter a bar that had the worst reputation for miles around.
Almost every post now plugs this & she has a series of videos where she is somewhat under dressed for the english autumn plugging her wares.
https://www.patreon.com/commonlawassent
I think that's enough to be going on with for now.
I was more fascinated by her very original style in headgear, I'm not quite sure what point she was trying to make.
longdog

Post by longdog »

With the passing of Dismal Dave I suggest the title Princess Patreon.

She'll really hate that :mrgreen:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

hucknallred wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:19 pmHer latest wheeze is Patreon, begging for monthly donations, over 80 idiots Patrons have signed up so far.
I'm not quite clear about Patreon, is it certain that these people are subscribing? I'm not inquisitive enough to see if you can sign up without coughing up. It's pretty good going if she's getting even the base level £2.99 per month from 91 people. I suppose Patreon takes a cut.

Is this the same lady who styled herself "Depanther" earlier?
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

aesmith wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:49 pm
I'm not quite clear about Patreon, is it certain that these people are subscribing? I'm not inquisitive enough to see if you can sign up without coughing up. It's pretty good going if she's getting even the base level £2.99 per month from 91 people. I suppose Patreon takes a cut.

Is this the same lady who styled herself "Depanther" earlier?
Patreon is used a lot by YouTube creators. A lot of these are deserving of the income they get from it IMO. Some will give early access to videos, or put people's names in the credits & other little perks. In these cases people pay because they think it's worth a few quid to help the creator.
In her case it's just begging. She's creating nothing & just rehashing all of The Late Dreary Dave's reams of nonsense.
I think she's only had it going for a month or so, so will be interesting to see if she has a downturn.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I suspect the sort audience she attracts is the sort of audience that will churn at a massive rate. The vast majority of them are utterly incapable of managing their finances and have the attention spans of a tin of rice pudding. After they have been charged a few quid they will decide that spending the money on booze, pizza or weed would be money better spent. And they will of course be quite right.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

The Tank Museum at Bovington is on Patreon and is constantly thanking its contributors on its videos for participating. The Chieftain, a You Tuber I follow who does videos on tanks, has a monthly Question and Answer session where he answers questions put to him by his Patreon subscribers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqz0gV3Y5_s

As noted, little perks.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Did someone mention hats?

John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

bad hat n.
[according to Charles Mackay’s Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions (1841) f. a London election in the borough of Southwark, c.1838, in which one of the candidates was well known as a hat-maker. As he campaigned he would single out any voter whose hat fell beneath the highest standards and declare: ‘What a shocking bad hat you have got, call at my warehouse and you shall have a new one.’ On the day of the election, as he gave his final speech, his opponents urged a hostile crowd to drown him out by chanting: ‘What a shocking bad hat!’ The phr. caught on and, first in its entirety, and subseq. in its abbr. form, entered popular sl. It survived through the 19C and gradually declined through the first half of the 20C. An alternative ety. attributes the phr. to the Duke of Wellington, who on his first visit to the Peers’ Gallery of the House of Commons remarked, on looking down on the members of the Reform Parliament: ‘I never saw so many shocking bad hats in my life’; but note cit. 1832]

a rogue, an untrustworthy person; thus bad-hat adj.
https://greensdictofslang.com/entry/rdkpt6i
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:08 pm The Chieftain, a You Tuber I follow who does videos on tanks, has a monthly Question and Answer session where he answers questions put to him by his Patreon subscribers.

As noted, little perks.
From my brief look on there it seems well made content that he obviously puts a lot of time & effort into. Good on him.
Unlike our princess who stands in a street or sits on a hilltop reading the Baron's petition whilst flashing her knickers (my edit).
longdog

Post by longdog »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:08 pm The Tank Museum at Bovington is on Patreon and is constantly thanking its contributors on its videos for participating. The Chieftain, a You Tuber I follow who does videos on tanks, has a monthly Question and Answer session where he answers questions put to him by his Patreon subscribers.

As noted, little perks.
Oh... They make some very good videos and I'm not particularly into tanks just engineering in general with a particular fondness for small arms and their history. I'm a big fan of another entirely Patreon supported channel... Forgotten Weapons a.k.a Gun Jesus. Lots of history, gun-nerdery, how-it-works disassembly and esoteric trivia. I never knew Colt made a .455 Webley version of the 1911 until the other day.

Best of all none of the US gun politics which makes most British gun nuts cringe with embarrassment. Well... No gun politics if you stay out of the comments section but I do sometimes pop in to say how much I like living in a country where my idea of effective "home defence" is a whippet with a serious attitude problem. I'm her best friend and even I'm scared of her when she's in a mood.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

There's a long running web novel that i pay 5$ a month for. Every chapter is gripping and usually more than 20,000 words, with 6, sometimes 8 chapters a month. My contribution empowers me to read each chapter as it comes out instead of waiting a week.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

longdog wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:01 pm I'm a big fan of another entirely Patreon supported channel... Forgotten Weapons a.k.a Gun Jesus. Lots of history, gun-nerdery, how-it-works disassembly and esoteric trivia. I never knew Colt made a .455 Webley version of the 1911 until the other day.
I always enjoy seeing how Ian copes with weapons when he is left handed. On numerous occasions he has to perform the most awkward of actions to cock some weapons or position himself oddly so he doesn't get pinched, bashed or an empty cartridge in the face.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog

Post by longdog »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:40 am
longdog wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:01 pm I'm a big fan of another entirely Patreon supported channel... Forgotten Weapons a.k.a Gun Jesus. Lots of history, gun-nerdery, how-it-works disassembly and esoteric trivia. I never knew Colt made a .455 Webley version of the 1911 until the other day.
I always enjoy seeing how Ian copes with weapons when he is left handed. On numerous occasions he has to perform the most awkward of actions to cock some weapons or position himself oddly so he doesn't get pinched, bashed or an empty cartridge in the face.
I like the way he sometimes goes on about the sheer unfairness of military arms not coming in a left hand drive version :-D

And some people take him seriously :snicker:

I can't remember which gun it was, possibly the Skorpion, that throws red hot brass down the back of the shirt of lefties who don't wear a wide brimmed hat.
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

Some weapons do come left handed, either as an option or as standard. The AK47 is actually left handed as standard!

When at school I used both .22 and .303 rifles and shot those left handed. It's a bit awkward reaching over the top of the weapon to operate the bolt but doable. A modern SA80 however is potentially lethal to the operator left handed and there is no option other than to use it right handed.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Footloose52 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:47 am Some weapons do come left handed, either as an option or as standard. The AK47 is actually left handed as standard!

When at school I used both .22 and .303 rifles and shot those left handed. It's a bit awkward reaching over the top of the weapon to operate the bolt but doable. A modern SA80 however is potentially lethal to the operator left handed and there is no option other than to use it right handed.
It’s also potentially lethal (sa80) when it doesn’t do what you say, and jams which before the upgrade in the 2000’s was a problem. Apparently the LSW variant has been withdrawn from service. Never understood that weapon.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:08 pm The Tank Museum at Bovington is on Patreon and is constantly thanking its contributors on its videos for participating. The Chieftain, a You Tuber I follow who does videos on tanks, has a monthly Question and Answer session where he answers questions put to him by his Patreon subscribers.

As noted, little perks.
Ah, Bovington! I spent some hours in the guard room there with a mate back in my youth after being caught poaching bunnies on the ranges with my trusty air rifle. We'd cycled down to Cornwall after our O levels, heady days.

They were rather sporting, after a few hours watching TV on a dodgy little B&W portable with a couple of burly MPs we got a bollocking and they gave us our rifles back.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

It's an accident waiting to happen!

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
MRN
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by MRN »

OOH, Patreon!

I am currently supporting and present for y'all's interest, a literary sled-dog team:
https://www.patreon.com/bravermountain

And an amazing Celtic fiddler (full disclosure, married to my best friend. But that's not why I helped crowdfund her last album, she is amazing)

https://www.patreon.com/infamousfiddler
longdog

Post by longdog »

Hmm... She's not bad but for serious fiddlin' I offer you Mairead Nesbitt.

Seen (sort of) here in action with Deputy Greatest Living Englishman, Johnny Kalsi, and the rest of the lads from The Dohl Foundation.