Danielle (DeLioness) Davidson Glastonbury's Common Law Assenter

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Danielle (DeLioness) Davidson Glastonbury's Common Law Assenter

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Perhaps the best gig I've ever been to. Kaiser Chiefs BBC Electric Proms at the Roundhouse 2007.

BBC Symphony Orchestra conducted by Dave Arnold. Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain playing 'Ruby'. Then 'Angry Mob' with the Dhol Foundation!

I would have posted a higher definition version but then you might see my ugly mug in the front row :wink:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Oh good lord. It's 17 years ago that I saw Dhol Foundation on the same bill as TransGlobal Underground at Whitby Musicport! Doesn't time fly when you're a miserable old git.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Doesn't it just.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
longdog

Post by longdog »

To continue the Johnny Kalsi veneration.

Traditional English folk music gets a 21st century kick up the arse with his able assistance...

JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
D-C
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by D-C »

JimUk1 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:12 pm
Footloose52 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:47 am Some weapons do come left handed, either as an option or as standard. The AK47 is actually left handed as standard!

When at school I used both .22 and .303 rifles and shot those left handed. It's a bit awkward reaching over the top of the weapon to operate the bolt but doable. A modern SA80 however is potentially lethal to the operator left handed and there is no option other than to use it right handed.
It’s also potentially lethal (sa80) when it doesn’t do what you say, and jams which before the upgrade in the 2000’s was a problem. Apparently the LSW variant has been withdrawn from service. Never understood that weapon.
I once heard it called the "Civil Servant", as it doesn't work, and can't be fired.