Controlling VexLit/SovCits

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Controlling VexLit/SovCits

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

CrankyBoomer wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:18 pm * The idea that some royal ladies fake their pregnancies isn't new of course (the unfortunate Duchess of Sussex has been accused of that)
My mother is a Meghan conspiracist, and thinks the Duke of Edinburgh bumped off Diana. But she is 80 and losing her marbles, so we just let her ramble on.

This is quite my favourite fake pregnancy. It's a little historic, but it was a scam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Toft
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

CrankyBoomer wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:18 pm I should remember that this is primarily a site for debunking scams and mustn't go off track too much.
Quatloos has historically done a lot of things other than our current concentration on income tax and mortgage related scams. I first came to this site, way back when, because of the postings of someone who made a hobby of toying with advance fee fraudsters. From there, i moved on to reading the adventures of someone who exposed property investment gurus.

There's no reason we can't add forums for other things as well, just show that there's an interest, send a msg to Webhick, and wait for her to find a free minute.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
longdog

Post by longdog »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:11 pm
SpearGrass wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:43 pm there is no such thing as a vexatious FOIant.
That's stretching it. I've sanctioned making several individuals vexatious in terms of FOI :whistle:

It's true that you have to consider each case on it's merit, as a previous vexatious complaint doesn't mean that you get a blanket ban, but multiple vexatious complaints can mean that you go on the naughty list and therefore a reply is not required other than for the blandest of queries :wink:
I did see one of the usual mob, Anthony Badaloo perhaps, got a reply from whoever it was he'd been deluging with identical, other than the wording, FOIs that basically read... "We are obliged by law to respond to your requests and have done so repeatedly. You have had your answer now piss off".

I can't see the information commissioner (or whatever they are called today) upholding a complaint that "they refused to give me the same information for the 42nd time".
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
SpearGrass
Pirate
Pirate

Post by SpearGrass »

My point is that we have to reply to a vexatious foiant. It has to be logged in, comply with the time scales, explain the reason why we're not providing the information, and cite the authority for that. Then deal with the internal review. And the appeal to the Info Commissioner. And the appeal against her ruling to the Tribunal. All of which the foiant has the right to apply for. But a vexatious litigant can't even lodge a claim without the leave of a High Court judge.