Rumors of my untimely demise...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Rumors of my untimely demise...

Post by Gregg »

were not far off the mark, so it works out. I have been closer to letting loose the mortal coil than I generally prefer to be.

For an internal infection that has pretty much ravaged my body, had me in hospital for jus shy of 3 weeks where I had 4 surgeries to drain all the icky stuff out.

So, I was sick, like, life was in danger sick, but we're getting better now so I'm kind of, sort of, back.

Let the pimp slapping of the stupid recommence.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Re: Rumors of my untimely demise...

Post by jcolvin2 »

Gregg wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:38 am were not far off the mark, so it works out. I have been closer to letting loose the mortal coil than I generally prefer to be.

For an internal infection that has pretty much ravaged my body, had me in hospital for jus shy of 3 weeks where I had 4 surgeries to drain all the icky stuff out.

So, I was sick, like, life was in danger sick, but we're getting better now so I'm kind of, sort of, back.

I saw mention of your affliction on the Fogbow. I’m glad you’re on the mend, and back in the game.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Good to know that you are on the mend....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

But this is not the best time to be sick, especially with your conditions. Hoping that you are staying indoors, avoiding contact and distancing far beyond the 6' recommendation. Despite what the "professionals" are telling us, going out with a mask on is not going to totally protect anyone. And your situation does not recommend going out and mixing with the general populace with 2 or 3 masks on. Please take care of yourself and do not risk going out unless its an emergency.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Frater I*I
Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:38 am
You'll be working overtime :o
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

The Observer wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:10 pm But this is not the best time to be sick, especially with your conditions. Hoping that you are staying indoors, avoiding contact and distancing far beyond the 6' recommendation. Despite what the "professionals" are telling us, going out with a mask on is not going to totally protect anyone. And your situation does not recommend going out and mixing with the general populace with 2 or 3 masks on. Please take care of yourself and do not risk going out unless its an emergency.
I am pretty much not leaving the house except for medical appointments.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

Stay well, and stay safe.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Gregg wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:38 am So, I was sick, like, life was in danger sick, but we're getting better now so I'm kind of, sort of, back.
Glad to hear this, and best wishes for recuperation. Like Woody Allen said:
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying. I don't want to live on in the hearts of my countrymen; I want to live on in my apartment.”
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Whilst I'm am overjoyed to read this thread and wish all good things... the United Kingdom section? :wink:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Sorry to hear you've been unwell and I hope you're on the mend now.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

mufc1959 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:11 pm Sorry to hear you've been unwell and I hope you're on the mend now.
Amen to that!
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:11 pm Whilst I'm am overjoyed to read this thread and wish all good things... the United Kingdom section? :wink:
For the last 5 years or so most of my comments have been in the UK Forum.

Its also posted in a forum you are unable to see that is where a lot of the oldest posters would see it.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Gregg wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:56 am ....
For the last 5 years or so most of my comments have been in the UK Forum.

And we look forward to your next visit here, especially as I somehow managed to miss your last one. Viruses (virui?) allowing.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Best wishes and glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. How would the dachshunds ever get by left leaderless?
Resume
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Resume »

Best wishes.
Praeterea Preterea . . . Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

Sorry to hear that you have been so unwell Gregg and hope you continue to make progress. I've been feeling sorry for myself because I ricked a low back muscle and was bitten by (I think) a horsefly when I tried baby steps in waging war on the weeds in the garden. That's small potatoes compared to what you've been through.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Gregg, may you be as indestructible as the legend depicted in your avatar.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

mufc1959 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:01 pm Gregg, may you be as indestructible as the legend depicted in your avatar.
You need to ask yourself only question: "Have I ever seen Gregg and Keith Richards together at any time?"
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

The Observer wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:40 pm
mufc1959 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:01 pm Gregg, may you be as indestructible as the legend depicted in your avatar.
You need to ask yourself only question: "Have I ever seen Gregg and Keith Richards together at any time?"
I offer one potentially useful data point to those pondering this question. I frequently ride by Keith's house in Weston Connecticut on my weekend bicycle rides. I have never seen a high performance Mustang with Kentucky plates parked on the street. I also have not seen any dachshunds in tactical gear apparently conducting surveillance of the property.
longdog

Post by longdog »

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:26 pm I also have not seen any dachshunds in tactical gear apparently conducting surveillance of the property.
That just goes to show how good they are at camouflage.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?