Rumors of my untimely demise...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: Rumors of my untimely demise...

Post by Gregg »

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:26 pm
The Observer wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:40 pm
mufc1959 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:01 pm Gregg, may you be as indestructible as the legend depicted in your avatar.
You need to ask yourself only question: "Have I ever seen Gregg and Keith Richards together at any time?"
I offer one potentially useful data point to those pondering this question. I frequently ride by Keith's house in Weston Connecticut on my weekend bicycle rides. I have never seen a high performance Mustang with Kentucky plates parked on the street. I also have not seen any dachshunds in tactical gear apparently conducting surveillance of the property.

Me and Dachshunds are pretty stealthy, ya know"
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by longdog »

Gregg wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:54 am Me and Dachshunds are pretty stealthy, ya know"
Dachshunds certainly* have a low radar signature.

*Probably.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Myself though, I flood the radar with an image so large its usually assumed to be a malfunction or an aircraft carrier. :haha:
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Gregg wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:18 am Myself though, I flood the radar with an image so large its usually assumed to be a malfunction or an aircraft carrier. :haha:
I know the feeling. How I have the nerve to call my whippet a "podgy little git" I have no idea. Pot, kettle, sooty arse.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Gregg wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:18 am Myself though, I flood the radar with an image so large its usually assumed to be a malfunction or an aircraft carrier. :haha:
In northern Kentucky?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

noblepa wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:16 pm In northern Kentucky?
I think northern Kentucky is known for being a malfunction.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

The Observer wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:26 pm I think northern Kentucky is known for being a malfunction.
Wait just one second.... Oh, wait, we came from Eastern Kentucky. Nevermind, carry on.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Downtown Argillite!

JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Gregg wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:18 am Downtown Argillite!

Is this to imply there is an Uptown Argillite??
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

And coming up next, "Uptown Hick" by Billy Joe Joel.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Who's the reggae man on the left side of the image?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

grixit wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:20 pm Who's the reggae man on the left side of the image?

Refrigerator magnet from Jamaica. That's the fridge I have at work which is the best picture I have of a DTA sticker.

There is no "Uptown Argillite" per se, but there is "Oldtown" (of Billy Ray Cyrus fame, he's a local boy) as well as "Greater Flatwoods" which encompasses all of the above, but oddly, not the nearby city of Flatwoods proper. That name comes because at the intersection of KY1 & KY207, there was a sign "Flatwoods" with an arrow, and being the big city the rest are the outlying area. Even that is bent logic, because the actual big city is Ashland and Wurtland is bigger than Flatwoods as well.

Greater Flatwoods on map

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Oldto ... 8224?hl=en

I am not making up a word of this. Eastern Kentucky is really like this. Tell 'em James!

:shrug:
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

About 10 years ago I looked into buying that old General Store at the corner of Rt.2 and Rt. 7. Didn't do it because the kids who inherited it decided to rip out the gas pumps and tanks without updating the real estate ads or the price. (Didn't help when I went to look at the apartment above the store. After being told that the elderly couple who had owned the store had passed away 4 years previously and then finding food in the refrigerator.....)The address was listed as Greenup even though you have to drive through Argillite's area to reach Greenup. Yeah, Eastern Kentucky is like that. The town my family came from, Farmers, is almost 4 miles or so of area that is called Farmers. However, the actual town of Farmers is maybe 3 blocks long at the intersection of old US 60 and old US 801 and has a census population of like 300 people. C&O and later CSX had a station dead downtown up until the late 70s when the tracks were ripped up. My uncle Clint's house was 2 houses away from the station.

You want to really see some weird things start looking at post offices in some of the more outlying areas. The PO that services Plummers Landing, which is where our family cemetery is and where my uncle's sawmill is, is in the Hinton Mills feed store. The PO for Muses Mills, further down the road, is in the old general store.

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

The Argillite Post Office, which is also Illuminati World Headquarters, is smaller than my great room in Cincinnati. They wrapped the original clapboard building in brick veneer but its tiny.

Current

Old School

JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

This first one is the Hinton Mills building with the USPS sign on the side. Almost directly behind where this pic was is my uncle's house and sawmill.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hinto ... 83.5609063

The second is the building that the PO is in for Muses Mills. The road down to the left is the road I used to take when I was a vet tech for an animal rescue.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/6+Rya ... -83.527148