BBC report on FOTL

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

mufc1959
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

BBC report on FOTL

Post by mufc1959 »

The BBC has put together a summary of the arguments FOTL have been trying to use to get out of Covid restrictions, as well as planning and other laws/regulations.

It's fairly basic (although I accept we're all coming from a position of probably knowing too much about these idiots), but for people who know nothing about it, it's a decent introduction.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/56295261
hucknallred

Re: BBC report on FOTL

Post by hucknallred »

I suspect most firms that have tried this have also previously opted out of registering with HMRC & doing annual tax returns.
If they had, the evil government would be chucking cash at them to stay shut.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

mufc1959 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:33 am The BBC has put together a summary of the arguments FOTL have been trying to use to get out of Covid restrictions, as well as planning and other laws/regulations.
Ah. My mate Alistair. I thought he'd been quiet on the monitoring North Korea front. I might tip him off about Quatloos. :D
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

There are a couple of cases there which hadn't been picked up here, which is all to the good.

Steve Higginson of Dundee echoes Ms Berry.
The conversation continued in a similar vein, although Higginson interrupted when details of the charges involving the police officers was read out.

“They were fake police officers,” he claimed.

“They were not constables. They were enforcing civil law by force.”
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/lo ... -he-seeks/
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Yes, it didn't end well for Steve Higginson in relation to his driving offences, but I'm surprised the charges relating to him urinating and defecating in his cell were dropped. That's just vile behaviour which should not go unpunished (imo).

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/lo ... n-defence/
Higginson, who represented himself during his trial at the town’s sheriff court, also handed Sheriff Alastair Brown a multiple page document as part of his defence which referred to the Magna Carta, and Australian and Canadian law among other sources.

However, Sheriff Brown dismissed that submission and found Higginson guilty on various charges, telling him: “Whoever drafted this does not have the slightest understanding of this or any other system of law.”
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

I'm surprised the charges relating to him urinating and defecating in his cell were dropped.
Maybe the prosecution felt that rubbing his nose in it and saying 'BAD BOY!' was sufficient punishment?*

*Never do this to a pet.