Magna Carta/ FOTL

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: Magna Carta/ FOTL

Post by Gregg »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:51 pm Please, try and use the correct legal terminology when discussing details related to the magna carta. The correct phrase, as used in a court filing by minister Catherine, one of Paraclete Belanger's flock, is ' ecclesiastical pursuit chariot'.
You, sir, owe me a keyboard.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

A small update on our Magna Carta quoting miscreant.

THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HACKNEY v CAUL GRANT and Others

It seems after being kicked out of Clapham Common, he and his little group headed off to Hackney Downs. LBH got a temporary injunction and applied to have it made permanent. This was refused, on the basis that the camp has legged it to Brighton and the Council couldn't provide any evidence that they were planning to come back.

Now, with my old civil liberties hat on, the Council did go a little too far, as they originally asked for a permanent injunction banning them from the whole of the borough which the Judge pointed out, if granted, would include private dwellings. They also wanted to be able to serve it via the council's website and Facebook group, which is hard to claim amounts to personal service (although it seems the judge would have allowed posting the notices in the park). However, as making the interim injunction permanent was denied, these requests were moot.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

Who drafted that application? Equitylawyeredwardwilliamellis?

Shockingly incompetent lawyering.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:39 am Now, with my old civil liberties hat on, the Council did go a little too far, as they originally asked for a permanent injunction banning them from the whole of the borough ....
They're not alone, it seems. The Caul Grant judgement refers to another, quite extraordinary hearing - London Borough of Barking and Dagenham & Ors v Persons Unknown & Ors [2021] EWHC 1201 (QB) (12 May 2021). It's a long and complex judgement, but in brief terms it appears that numerous councils have persuaded the courts to issue Draconian interim injunctions which effectively criminalise any gypsies and travellers who camp on any public land in their area. After this they make no attempt to develop their claim to conclusion, but instead wield the interim injunction as a permanent weapon.

Those same councils then flout their duty to provide sufficient sites & facilities for GRT families, resulting in something approaching Ethnic Cleansing. And, of course, as travellers are driven into adjacent areas, those local councils are incentivised to hastily seek their own Gypsyfrei injunctions. Well, their dirty game is up now. The High Court took jurisdiction (against bitter resistance from councils who had already obtained such an order), and directed that if the defendants could not be identified then all the injunctions would be terminated.

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2021/1201.html
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Hercule Parrot wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:42 pm Those same councils then flout their duty to provide sufficient sites & facilities for GRT families, resulting in something approaching Ethnic Cleansing.
I'm not going to give too much away, but a decade ago I was simultaneously "responsible" for sorting out illegal encampments and planning matters.

The "you can't camp there but we're not going to give you anywhere legal to camp" is prevalent in many local authorities. The idea that they could reduce their massive legal fees by introducing legal pitches seems to be an anathema. I tried.

Sadly there are no votes in it.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Tinkle Bucket
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Tinkle Bucket »

They nicked my lawnmower.
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Not sure exactly where this belongs, but I looked through the forum and this seems like the best choice. Please feel free to move if I got it wrong.

Apparently, the anti-vax crowd is trying to set up their own renegade schools, with leadership from a self-appointed "peace constable" named Olli Riddett, whose name hasn't previously graced these pages. They're looking to set up a whole bunch of "peace constables" to prevent the goverment from breaking up the fake schools.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvz9n4/ ... -in-the-uk